• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ASHES - 2015!

That last clip of that ball looked as if it was slightly trickling leg side. Be interesting to see what Hawk Eye shows

Bell and Cook gone, and Ballance looks a bag of nervous shite against the short ball. You just know he's gone get done with a full one at some stage soon.

England all over the place. A gutsy captain would have bowled first on that deck.

The Aussies have done the job already - Very poor from England. Watching this is like pulling teeth! I'm off for a pub lunch.

What's Lyth's go anyway RA? Haven't seen a lot of him, he much use?

He scored 6 centuries for Yorkshire in 2014 averaging 71 in the county championship. He is an upgrade on Robson, once the experiment with Trott failed

England plodding along nicely and a lovely partnership thus far between Root and Ballance. Let's see out the day with these two at the crease the next day please

Well that's answered a few questions - I'd say that was England's day. Just. Good fightback and Root was boss (lucky after the 2nd delivery though). Pah to the Aussie bowling. It was all over the place at times. Bring on tomorrow. :cool:

Joe Root for PM - I'm sick of these commentators insisting he should move to 3 or take on the captaincy- if it ain't broke don't fix it - just let him be scoring as he is. Wierd bowling performance - Clarke must be spitting feathers. Moeen hooking Johnson at the end my fav shot of the day.

England's day, but not a lot in it. Great to see England continuing to take risks and attack, but a few of those wickets were given away. If they can finish 450 tomorrow they'll have better than par, and might take this, but we'll know a lot more when the Aussies bat. This could be a great series. Root is the fucking man.

Good days cricket.
Australias late wicket of Buttler give them the day just for me.
Broad and Ali will swing and go out quicky.
Probably finish on 370 and on this shitty flat track thats sub par for me.

Our problem is going to be taking 20 wickets on this pitch.
I think Australia will only have to bat once to be honest and I think they will bowl us out day 5.

Good days cricket.

I think Australia will only have to bat once to be honest and I think they will bowl us out day 5.

That's the bruised and bloodied post of many an Ashes veteran. The track is flat, and if your attack is all about pace, then it looks pretty docile. However, there was great signs of the ball swinging throughout which may give the England attack the edge. The Aussies didn't use that swing very well, and you'd have to fancy Anderson and Broad making better use of it. I may be wrong, but if the ball swings tomorrow like it did today, England will penetrate deep into the Aussie batting order.

Good days cricket.

Sorry mate but I disagree. The wicket is slow and looks to have a bit of random bounce. Weather is overcast tomorrow which means swing and Anderson. I'd say 400 is a good par score and with the weather I'd imagine England are in the driving seat. It's so close though. The beauty of cricket!

That's the bruised and bloodied post of many an Ashes veteran. The track is flat, and if your attack is all about pace, then it looks pretty docile. However, there was great signs of the ball swinging throughout which may give the England attack the edge. The Aussies didn't use that swing very well, and you'd have to fancy Anderson and Broad making better use of it. I may be wrong, but if the ball swings tomorrow like it did today, England will penetrate deep into the Aussie batting order.
Great minds. Completely agree.

Ive just watched a programme about Glen McGrath and his 157 ashes wickets.

It was like remembering fucking child abuse.
Even if you took him out of the picture, watching the scopers we had leading our batting from 1997 through to 2005 was fucking horrible.
It almost felt like English cricket was reborn the day McGrath twisted his ankle in 2005.

Legendary cricketer.

Sorry mate but I disagree. The wicket is slow and looks to have a bit of random bounce. Weather is overcast tomorrow which means swing and Anderson. I'd say 400 is a good par score and with the weather I'd imagine England are in the driving seat. It's so close though. The beauty of cricket!
Yes 400 would be par.
We wont get to 400.
Like I said I think its only slightly their day. I worry about taking 20 wickets simply because Broad hasnt been very good for quite a while. I dont think our attack is very good at all.
Remains to be seen but I can see them batting for two days.

Never seen anyone bowl so consistently. He was never outright fast like Younis, Akram, Walsh or Ambrose but fuck me his line and length was immaculate.

Im in a meeting all day tomorrow annoyingly so im going to miss us start our attack.

Even if you took him out of the picture, watching the scopers we had leading our batting from 1997 through to 2005 was fucking horrible.
It almost felt like English cricket was reborn the day McGrath twisted his ankle in 2005.

Legendary cricketer.

Those 'scopers' must still awake in the dark hours covered in perspiration envisioning McGrath and Warne pumping their fists in celebration. Cricket didn't look fair then.

Never seen anyone bowl so consistently. He was never outright fast like Younis, Akram, Walsh or Ambrose but fuck me his line and length was immaculate.
Totally. Metronomic he was.

Those 'scopers' must still awake in the dark hours covered in perspiration envisioning McGrath and Warne pumping their fists in celebration. Cricket didn't look fair then.
Gillespie wasnt a bad bowler either. Then you look at their attack and its Waugh, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist.......shudder.

Legendary cricketer.
Aye I remember it well. He looked white as ghost when it happened. A special mention to Simon Jones who was amazing in that series and also got injured. McGrath though was amazing. I met him once at his pink day cricket thing he does for his late wife at the SCG. A true gent.

Aye I remember it well. He looked white as ghost when it happened. A special mention to Simon Jones who was amazing in that series and also got injured. McGrath though was amazing. I met him once at his pink day cricket thing he does for his late wife at the SCG. A true gent.

Simon Jones was ridiculously unlucky with injuries. He was as good as any of the English pace attack and should have gone on from 2005 to become a fearsome bowler. Such a shame.

2005 is my favourite cricket series ever.

I would say this recent New Zealand series was right up there for me too.

Back
Top Bottom