• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2023

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
Bazball Cricket but regular wickets.

Some odd dismissals
Some odd reviews

Australia winning day 1 so far.

Bazball Cricket but regular wickets.

Some odd dismissals
Some odd reviews

Australia winning day 1 so far.
Hey buddy - Great bit of play today. Bazball has been fun. 30 mns left but I'm happy with today. Very happy actually. Roll on the series.

It's a shame that declaration didn't pay off. Exciting decision, but now you're thinking, England might have had 30-50 more runs on the board. I feel England will struggle to pick up 10 wickets, especially with Steve Smith such a brick wall. They might not score as swiftly, but you could see them batting a big score over the piece and leaving England with 100+ deficit to make up. Still, great start to the Ashes.

I'm all for the bazball approach, but that declaration just didn't make sense.
If they got out Warner or his mate, then it would have, and they certainly looked frazzled, so I do get it. It was brave, just in hindsight, probably wrong. But this is the way England have decided to play, and in fairness, it beats them playing like rabbits, playing defensively at 2 runs an over until one by one they lose concentration and get bowled out for 250. I can't believe that a retired Moeen is the best spinner in England though. I thought that wasn't the brave call in terms of selection.

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer this style of play over some of the turgid shite we've had to endure in recent years, but that pitch looks like a batting paradise! I suspect the extra runs might have come in useful.

Great first day viewing though!

If they got out Warner or his mate, then it would have, and they certainly looked frazzled, so I do get it. It was brave, just in hindsight, probably wrong. But this is the way England have decided to play, and in fairness, it beats them playing like rabbits, playing defensively at 2 runs an over until one by one they lose concentration and get bowled out for 250. I can't believe that a retired Moeen is the best spinner in England though. I thought that wasn't the brave call in terms of selection.
I think it’s because he can also bay which the others spinners can’t do.

I think it’s because he can also bay which the others spinners can’t do.
He can, but his average against Australia is hopeless anyway. England's batting line up has plenty of quality so put someone in who can rip it!

He can, but his average against Australia is hopeless anyway. England's batting line up has plenty of quality so put someone in who can rip it!
But they don’t all bowl. I know, I know … in fact it’s the same argument for dropping Foakes as a keeper because he doesn’t score as many runs as Bairstow.

Haha Labuschagne with a shot (or not) that even I would be embarrassed to play but what a catch by Bairstiw! 2 wickets in two balls for Broad and Australia has a mountain to climb.

Last edited:
I mean, this couldn't be more finely balanced. A pitch like this could often make for a really dull game, but the Ashes is serving up a real cracker.

Games a knife edge now. Gutted to be in the office tomorrow.

The declaration will come under scrutiny, but as a pretty casual cricket fan I'll always support a decision that makes establishing a winner after a 5 days of play more likely. Unfortunately nobody really stepped up in a big way in the second innings, but the bowlers have give us a hell of a chance tomorrow.

Hopefully we get some swing and some early wickets.

He’s been a bit shite this game.
Stokes and Ali not really fit so basically Robinson and Pope.
England have been unlucky with injuries.

This is absolutely shite by England.

Australia used lots of bouncers.
We are just bowling full every over.

Give them some sweet chin music ya bastards.

Back
Top Bottom