• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aurelien Tchouameni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellingham is a pipe dream! John Swift might be a good squad player? He has 11 assists and 8 goals for low league team.
The other is Djed Spence as backup for Trent, Forest fans rave about him.

Chelsea? How many midfielders do they need...? They got talented midfielders who are doing well on loan and can't get in the subs bench let alone the first team. Surely Chelsea have bigger things to sort out like sorting out their forwards.

Bellingham is a pipe dream! John Swift might be a good squad player? He has 11 assists and 8 goals for low league team.
The other is Djed Spence as backup for Trent, Forest fans rave about him.
Depends which Bellingham you refer to.

Bellingham is absolutely NOT a pipe dream; we’ve paid big transfer fees before and the big obstacle for us are usually salary demands, which probably won’t be a problem in his case. We should be able to sell Keita and someone else and pay for a good chunk of the transfer fee.

The problem is, even with Bellingham we probably need one more reliable CM, ideally someone who can play in Fabinho’s position if needed.

Bellingham is only happening if we sell Salah.

Bellingham is absolutely NOT a pipe dream; we’ve paid big transfer fees before and the big obstacle for us are usually salary demands, which probably won’t be a problem in his case. We should be able to sell Keita and someone else and pay for a good chunk of the transfer fee.

The problem is, even with Bellingham we probably need one more reliable CM, ideally someone who can play in Fabinho’s position if needed.
Morton. I have high hopes for this lad and expect another year on and bulking up he's going to be a real player.

I don't think Morton is a DM.
He absolutely has those qualities (regardless of whatever else he can do) and it's a position he'd definitely get game time at. Whenever I've watched him play he reminds me of Fabinho (who also doesn't stay rooted in front of the CBs) more than anyone else. I can see Liverpool developing him in that mould.

He absolutely has those qualities (regardless of whatever else he can do) and it's a position he'd definitely get game time at. Whenever I've watched him play he reminds me of Fabinho (who also doesn't stay rooted in front of the CBs) more than anyone else. I can see Liverpool developing him in that mould.
I love the enthusiasm, I really do, but I don't think he's that big of a talent to be honest. I mean there's Sterling, Trent and Elliott and then there's Kelly, Spearing and Morton.
He's 19 years old, he has one cap for the England U20 team and that's the team where players who aren't eligible for the U19s and not good enough for the u21s wind up. I mean Leighton Clarkson is in the U20 team...
Looking at his age group there's a few players that are levels above him. Especially the Villa kids.
So yeah, I'm on the fence.

Last edited:
I love the enthusiasm, I really do, but I don't think he's that big of a talent to be honest. I mean there's Sterling, Trent and Elliott and then there's Kelly, Spearing and Morton.
He's 19 years old, he has one cap for the England U20 team and that's the team where players who aren't eligible for the U19s and not good enough for the u21s wind up. I mean Leighton Clarkson is in the U20 team...
Looking at his age group there's a few players that are levels above him. Especially the Villa kids.
I understand that reluctance but not all youngsters develop at the same pace. I think it says volumes about him that Klopp has placed his trust in him numerous times this season - and our eyes tell us he has never disappointed and sometimes excelled. He needs to bulk up but I'm sure that will happen. Then we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

I understand that reluctance but not all youngsters develop at the same pace. I think it says volumes about him that Klopp has placed his trust in him numerous times this season - and our eyes tell us he has never disappointed and sometimes excelled. He needs to bulk up but I'm sure that will happen. Then we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.
I'm with you. I really hope he comes through, but Kevin Stewart also got game time. Sure he was a few years older but now he's at Blackpool.

Last edited:

I was going to say something along similar lines... that said, mine is an ill-informed opinion based on nothing other than "vibes" so hopefully I'm way off.

Morton needs a loan for a year at a Championship club next season. Then we'll see what he's made of and if he can take a step up.

Ruben Neves at £40m has to be worth a look? Will be 25 in March, knows the prem and has impeccable fitness record (7 games in 4 years).

Morton strikes me as one of those players who's progress has been hampered by either physique or an area of his play being way off the rest of his ability.

He has a great footballing brain and good vision from deep, and as others said, he might be a late developer, but there's something clearly not quite there with him in terms of presence on the pitch. Which might prompt the misconception that he "can't" play the DM role, but it's worth seeing how he progresses and if those things come together for him. He looks like he has a bit more natural ability than your Spearing's, or even Jones, but that's not always enough to make it. Lesser players have probably made it for ticking other boxes and having then developed their skills to a higher level. Players progress differently. You can have all the skill in the World and fail, you have massive heart and determination, or even the physical attributes and then make it.

Last edited:
Morton strikes me as one of those players who's progress has been hampered by either physique or an area of his play being way off the rest of his ability.

He has a great footballing brain and good vision from deep, and as others said, he might be a late developer, but there's something clearly not quite there with him in terms of presence on the pitch. Which might prompt the misconception that he "can't" play the DM role, but it's worth seeing how he progresses and if those things come together for him. He looks like he has a bit more natural ability than your Spearing's, or even Jones, but that's not always enough to make it. Lesser players have probably made it for ticking other boxes and having then developed their skills to a higher level. Players progress differently. You can have all the skill in the World and fail, you have have massive heart and determination, or even the physical attributes and then make it.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, but we were "bigging up" Brannagan and Rossiter a few years ago as well and we all know how that went.
Most of the times it's simply "you either got it, or you don't".
There's cases where it's reversed. Like Ibe for instance, who had the body of a proper footballer at a very young age but lacked the intelligence to play at top level.
Morton still has time, but he needs to go out on loan next season. He needs to show that he's good enough and make a real impact in whatever team he joins.

There's two players in the reserves that I think might have a future at LFC. One is Gordon, who we've all seen. The other one is that Bajcetic kid. In the few games I've seen them play in they really stand out. Just like Trent did and Sterling, Suso etc.

Gordon is definitely more of a prospect, he just has that something, that belief and the ability to come in and not look like a kid who is easily shrugged out the game. But I think Morton has done that too, it's just more obvious with Gordon though and I do think/hope he'll make it in some capacity, hopefully with us.

Morton needs a loan for a year at a Championship club next season. Then we'll see what he's made of and if he can take a step up.

Yes, I agree with that. Xabi himself went on loan to Eibar for a season exactly for this reason.

Thinking about it again, we do have Hendo and Thiago who can both fill in at DM, so maybe buying someone who can sub for Fabinho is not that much of a requirement. If Hendo's current position as an attack-minded RCM is usurped next season by the likes of Elliott, Carvalho, Bellingham etc and he focuses 100% on the DM duties, maybe we are all right.

Thinking about it again, we do have Hendo and Thiago who can both fill in at DM, so maybe buying someone who can sub for Fabinho is not that much of a requirement. If Hendo's current position as an attack-minded RCM is usurped next season by the likes of Elliott, Carvalho, Bellingham etc and he focuses 100% on the DM duties, maybe we are all right.
I wouldn't trust either at DM. Especially Thiago. That's a red card waiting to happen.

Thiago gives away way too many fouls. Millie will be gone. Hendo is getting old. Thiago and Keita are injury prone. We do need alternative, and Ruben Neves fits that bill. 7 games missed in 5 years through injury or illness

I wouldn't trust either at DM. Especially Thiago. That's a red card waiting to happen.
Agreed. Hendo had time to make that position his own. He played there for, I think, two seasons before Fabs joined.
And Thiago is not the type of DM we need. So I think we need a DM signing.

Thiago gives away way too many fouls. Millie will be gone. Hendo is getting old. Thiago and Keita are injury prone. We do need alternative, and Ruben Neves fits that bill. 7 games missed in 5 years through injury or illness
Neves isn't a DM though.

FLJl8RBXEAciAfj

FLFCCuBUcAMvcoK

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
[article]
Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United are named as clubs interested in taking Franck Kessié on a free transfer in the summer.

Liverpool have also been included in the suitors list as the midfielder
, with a contract expiring in June, has not agreed to sign a new deal with AC Milan.

A week ago, Marca reported the Reds must act quickly in order to beat the competition to sign the 25-year-old.

Three days ago, we covered claims made La Repubblica that stated the Merseyside club are among the sides who are ‘ready to move’ for the Ivory Coast international.

Tuttosport on Thursday explain that even though Juventus and Inter Milan in the mix for the player, his main suitors are from abroad. Jürgen Klopp’s side are first to be named and it’s claimed they have been ‘very close’ to Kessié.

However, the ex-Atalanta man seems not to be their main target for midfield. The report states Liverpool are ‘now more interested’ in AS Monaco star Aurélien Tchouaméni, who is just 22-years-of-age.

That’s the only information Tuttosport mention about the Ligue 1 man and Liverpool’s interest in him. It’ll be interesting to see whether these claims will be backed up by the media in England and/or France.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom