• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Aussie Open

FoxForceFive

This Djokovic Wawrinka quarter final is fucking ace.

I'm meant to be doing shit right now. The bathroom cleaning & bins can wait though, this is incredible tennis, Wawrinka having the match of his life.

Currently 2-2 in the fifth set.

5-5.

Wawrinka 40-15 up in his service game & he's complaining it's raining & is slippery & they've been pulled off the court!

He's mental!

The ball was quite literally in his court, metaphorically & in actuality!

Murray Federer now.

Looks like fed will take this first set, (he's 6-3 on Murray's service game) been some bloody good rallies & world class shots already though, as you'd expect.

Murray saves two match points to get the third set 2-1 in sets to Federer.

Murray is definitely not at 100% following his operation but this is still a good performance.

Murray is giving everything here. He's clearly in pain & is aching but he's playing through it instead of leaning on it as an excuse for dropping points as he did a couple of years back.

If, against form, he wins this, he'll have nothing left for the semifinal.

Federer wins.

Great performance from Murray considering it's following that operation & Federer was exploiting it by playing each point instead of coming into the net & playing to his backhand too.

Federer-Nadal is gonna be epic.

If Nadal's blistery hands survive that is.

Yeah, Federer is looking extremely good, physically & mentally, & Nadal isn't at his very very best so they're extremely evenly matched.

Really looking forward to it.

Delighted for Wawrinka.
That one hand backhand is a joy to watch.
Hope he wins the final now.

It is. I always tried to perfect a one handed backhand when I played. Never managed to get it even half decent.
Coaches are trying to stop kids from using it now as it hasn't brought much success to the players that use it.
Shame really as it's so stylish and easy on the eye.

Your wrist has to be exceptionally strong to guide if properly & stop the racquet pivoting when you hit the ball.

Which is odd, cos the summer I tried it so much I was sixteen, so I reckon my wrist was as strong as it ever has been...

Reactions: Leo
Wawrinka bit showing any signs of nerves.

If anything his ultra confident, hard hitting start has unsettled Nadal.

Still going with serve but Nadal making uncharacteristic errors & doesn't look himself.

I expect that to change, but sets it up for an incredible match.

Ha. Yeah. Need to some the hoovering & the bins again, but they can wait...

Wawrinka is mixing things up here, baseline, serve & volley, using both sides of the court.

4-1 lead on Nadal's serve.

Back
Top Bottom