• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
"Liverpool have made a €32m offer for Alex Teixeira but Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking closer to €50m for the attacker."

I've never heard of him.

He's scored 26 goals in 25 games this season, as a winger/attacking midfielder.
Havent seen much of him tbh

So, are we looking for a replacement for Benteke or Sturridge?

It seems Klopp is initially intent on sorting the three behind the striker as a route to making the team as a whole more of a goal threat.

A Coutinho-------Firmino------------Teixeira would be pretty tasty with Ibe/Lallana as back-up.

If so, the links to Long (as a short-term solution) make sense. He'd stretch defences and make space for the three far more than Benteke or an unfit Sturridge.

If this is true though, I wish we'd try and get it done quietly and quickly before alerting the likes of Chelsea/City/Utd to inevitably outmuscle us financially.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 5m5 minutes ago
Liverpool have tabled a bid of £24.5million for Shakhtar Donetsk striker Alex Teixeira. #lfc (Echo)

Pacy wingers don't generally last very long beyond 28/29. I'd be wary of spunking such a large fee on a player with a limited shelf-life.

Though he's really good.

I always thought he was the pick of the Brazilians at Shakthar - better than both Douglas Costa and Willian.

THE ANFIELD WRAP Retweeted Tony Barrett
This Teixiera lad has 39 goals in his last 37 league games over two seasons:

His scoring record is phenomenal. He's a very versatile player as well. Has played LW, RW and even a bit CM.

Bags of pace, energy, good skill on the ball, and a very very good finisher.

Ayre is on his way according to Joyce

[article]http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...k-Chelsea-s-25million-move-for-Brazilian-star
Liverpool chief jets out to hijack Chelsea's £25million move for Brazilian star

LIVERPOOL have moved to ease their scoring problems by launching a bid to sign Brazilian striker Alex Teixeira.

By PAUL JOYCE
PUBLISHED: 09:00, Thu, Jan 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 09:24, Thu, Jan 21, 2016

Liverpool want to hijack Chelsea's move for Shakhtar Donetsk ace Alex Teixeira
Chief executive Ian Ayre has flown to Florida where Shakhtar Dontesk are at a winter training camp and played a friendly with Corinthians.
Liverpool value Teixeira at around £25million which equates to just over 30m euros. Shakhtar want nearer £39m (50m euros).
Liverpool's January transfer targets

Sat, January 16, 2016
Express Sport looks at Liverpool's top January transfer targets

PLAY SLIDESHOW
GETTY IMAGES
1 of 28
Who could Jurgen Klopp sign during the January transfer window?

Chelsea were keen on signing Teixeira, 26, but baulked at the asking price and have insteadtargeted Pato in a £7m deal.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has made striking reinforcements a priority with the injuries to Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi and Danny Ings plus the ongoing difficulties endured by Christian Benteke.
Benteke spurned the opportunity to claim a morale boosting goal in last night’s 3-0 FA Cup replay victory over Exeter City.
[/article]

That's a fake Tony Barrett account.

Just saying.

edit: I take it back. Not actually sure it is. There is one floating about. Or was.

Coutinho, Firmino, Teixeira across the middle would we be tasty and offer creativity and redundancy, but I can't see us being lucky enough to snare him.

I have seen him only a few times but I don't care, we should buy as many players from Shakthar as possible.

@dmishra You are aware, that if he is indeed BETTER than Douglas Costa then he'll be first in line for the Ballon d'Or as soon as he sets foot on English turf..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom