• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best season by a LFC player

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't Suarez. He was a fabulous player but comes way short of Salah in terms of his output. He only won a league cup, and he brought shame to himself.

I mean, ask yourself what Suarez is famous for at Liverpool and its being a racist bitey cunt.

Nah Suarez is famous for taking on teams by himself basically in a way I've never seen a player do before.

If you've got time: (Sorry for the music)

31 goals 33 games 12 assists 0 penalties

The 2014 versions of Coutinho, Sterling, Gerrard and Sturridge would have made the squad in both 2019 and 2020, and I suspect some of them would have been starters too.

I liked Suarez as much as anyone. He was a great player and I wish he had stayed. But he didn't do it all alone and he didn't do it every week.

Stevie G, yes. None of the others had the work-ethic to put in the closing down, defending from the front that Jurgen demands, imo.

In a team sport, with the possible exception of basketball, no player can ever really do it 'single-handedly'... Of course that's true. But, take anybody not named Suarez out of that team for the season, and we're still gonna be fighting for the title, because of Luis' brilliance and will. Take Luis out, and we're fighting for a UEFA Cup spot. Maybe. That's my point.

Suarez is a better footballer than Salah, I don't think it's that close. In terms of accomplishments Suarez is ahead as well, I hope that's not the case when they're at the end but it probably will be.

It's also not close how much more Salah accomplished for Liverpool, or how much better the team was.

By the same measure - take Salah out of the 2017/18 team and there's no way we make to to the CL Final, or finish in the top 4.

It wasn't Suarez. He was a fabulous player but comes way short of Salah in terms of his output. He only won a league cup, and he brought shame to himself.

I mean, ask yourself what Suarez is famous for at Liverpool and its being a racist bitey cunt.
Rubbish, he’s famous for being the best player we’ve seen at Anfield in decades, arguably ever in terms of sheer brilliance.

Can't believe I'm the only one saying Barnes!

866fwl.jpg

Doesn't count does it?
Problem is, next time they label the "no history" at Chelsea or City, they're not interested in their own history. Shame.

That's a bit strong, JR... I know our history and I feel Luis' season is the best I've ever seen. Doesn't mean that I don't understand just how special Rushie was. Or the King. Or Digger. Or any of the greats that I've watched since the late 70s.

Ian Rush scored 47 goals in 83/84.
I'm not checking the stats, and I dare say you are correct, but I always thought it was 49 as I vaguely recall him "complaining" that he wasn't allowed to count his penalty in the European cup final shoot out to make it a round 50.

I'm not checking the stats, and I dare say you are correct, but I always thought it was 49 as I vaguely recall him "complaining" that he wasn't allowed to count his penalty in the European cup final shoot out to make it a round 50.
Nope 47.

Suarez was unbelievable for 9/10th of that season, but I felt he ran out of steam for those crucial final few games - someone else needed to pick up the slack creatively, but no one quite could. If only we signed Salah instead of loaning Moses!

Suarez was unbelievable for 9/10th of that season, but I felt he ran out of steam for those crucial final few games - someone else needed to pick up the slack creatively, but no one quite could. If only we signed Salah instead of loaning Moses!
Ah come off it Rurik, our problems were defensively with an inept tactical manager who had no fucking idea how to organise a defence.

The title was in our hands and we bottled a 3 goal lead at Palace. That's Mignolet, that's Skrtel and Sakho being cunts. That's Rodgers being a buck tooth shithouse going gungho against Chelsea and playing right into their hands.

Scored over 100 goals, a hundred. Nothing more we could've done there, a prime Salah wouldn't have helped at all because you cant win the league conceding 50 fucking goals.

Well now obviously but at the time we wasn't to know, City still had to play West Ham and Villa......yes it's likely they would've won both anyway but we can't know for sure had we taken 3 points at Palace what would've happened.

And in any case that game epitomizes everything that was wrong with the side that season, Flanagan Skrtel Sakho Lucas Mignolet were not players worthy of being called champions and Rodgers wasn't a manager worthy of being called a champion.

Well now obviously but at the time we wasn't to know, City still had to play West Ham and Villa......yes it's likely they would've won both anyway but we can't know for sure had we taken 3 points at Palace what would've happened.

And in any case that game epitomizes everything that was wrong with the side that season, Flanagan Skrtel Sakho Lucas Mignolet were not players worthy of being called champions and Rodgers wasn't a manager worthy of being called a champion.

The likes of Chris Smalling, Anderson, Da Silva twins and Tom Cleverley are not any more worthy champions, yet they will always have their medals. And as for managers, even fucking Di Matteo has won the CL and he's now managing in Korea. Yes, Rodgers would probably order a life-sized portrait of himself to hang above his bed if he got retroactively awarded the 2013-14 gold medals, but that's within his rights.

The likes of Chris Smalling, Anderson, Da Silva twins and Tom Cleverley are not any more worthy champions, yet they will always have their medals. And as for managers, even fucking Di Matteo has won the CL and he's now managing in Korea. Yes, Rodgers would probably order a life-sized portrait of himself to hang above his bed if he got retroactively awarded the 2013-14 gold medals, but that's within his rights.

No but then they weren't starting the majority of league games when Utd were winning titles were they? Those players were for us.

Evra Rio Evans Rafael with Carrick and Fletcher is a far more worthy of being called champions, especially since this was before the City takeover.

Last edited:

Everything bolded is accurate.

Yep, that super season by Suarez was all in our heads...
cba52fdf4fdc369ef02ca2d06d4ee3ba.jpg

I mean seriously none of the other players are even above 8, lol.

Read the comments, even fans of other teams were in awe of Suarez.

Fuchs was the long throw guy wasn’t he? Was he really any better than Wes Morgan or Danny Simpson that season? Or a Ngolo Kante?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom