• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Bet of the weekend

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal -1 is evens?

What do people think of that?
Normally I'd be wary of such a short price for an away team against the handicap but I might actually back this bet as it's impossible to see anything other than a convincing Arse spanking.

That's what i'm thinking. Santi back for them also.
I've got £35 on WBA at 9.4 (8.4/1) on Betfair. I reckon we'll win but I think WBA have a better than 8.4/1 chance of winning (I'd have priced them at 5/1). I did the same last season and backed WBA at 10/1 even though I thought we'd win and I made a very big profit on the game.

I know some people have issues about betting against yer own team but as a "value punter" I back on-or-against whoever I think represents the best value.

I think it subconsciously makes it okay for my team to lose. I can't do it. Depends on the person I ppresume.

I think it subconsciously makes it okay for my team to lose. I can't do it. Depends on the person I ppresume.

I think I would agree with you if we were challenging for trophies. I could never see myself backing against us in a hugely pivotal game where a loss would really hurt (even more than usual) because I wouldn't want to win money because my team have just royally fucked-up. If it's a standard league game and our chances of winning the league are remote (as they are at present) I don't have a major issue with it.

I'm not sure why Carlisle are priced so high to beat bottom of the table Bristol City, so i've backed them at 3.25

I'm not sure why Carlisle are priced so high to beat bottom of the table Bristol City, so i've backed them at 3.25
It's a surprisingly big price but I'm gonna give it a miss because I think it could be a low scoring game and would price both teams at about 2.9 and the draw marginally above 3.0.

I'm struggling to find anything to get overly excited about; I have a few quid laying Chesterfield at Bristol Rovers and a few quid on WBA but that's about it (apart from 1st goalscorer bets). I might invest a bit more at half time.

£100 lay of Wolves beating Stevenage to win £200
£25 Stevenage win to win £175

Looking at the 2 defences the only "obvious" bet is over 2.5 goals City v Arse £70 to win £50. I've also stuck £5 on 6 goals or more.......cue 0-0 draw.

great betting
Cheers SO, I got £110 back from the over 6 goals because a mate of mine came around to watch the game; I told him about my bet so he asked me to stick 10 on for him and I decided to up my stake to £10 too :)

The betfair site went down at 2:30 which stopped me placing any other bets on this afternoons games. Normaly this would infuriate me but I was struggling to find too many games to get my teeth into anyway.

I got £15 on Graham 1st goal Hull v Stoke to win £130

I won £25 on a Cardiff and QPR double today, the only other bet i've got on is over 3.5 goals in the Barca-Villareal game

For some reason Roma were about 12/5 to beat Ac milan who haven't been winning much. Put £12 on them to win £30, Destro has made it 1-0 already

I'VE GOT about £200 lay of United beating Stoke tonight to win £220. Bookies still don't get it, United are nothing special and without Rooney, Van Persie and Vidic and in dreadful weather conditions I would make United 2.4-2.5 to win tonight and not 1.79

Can't believe I've got nearly evens on over 2.5 goals Spurs v Palace; 2 attacking looking teams and 2 dodgy defences.

I've got £150 on it and £10 speculative bet on over 5 goals to win £130

Can't believe I've got nearly evens on over 2.5 goals Spurs v Palace; 2 attacking looking teams and 2 dodgy defences.

I've got £150 on it and £10 speculative bet on over 5 goals to win £130
Following you in on that over 2.5 looks a cracking bet the way Sherwood sets his team up.

Done an anytime gs yankee have ings,lisbie,ranger need James Vaughan to score for a nice return.

Vaughan isn't playing Leo, he's been out injured for a few weeks.
Good job done it with b365 at least I get the 11 bets.
Was thinking 5 ta 2 was too good to be true.
Was too hungover to do any studying this morning.
Ah well at least it's a profit.

Having a few quid on Villa tomorrow at Goodison.
Everton are crippled with injuries and Villa will be full of confidence after the comeback against West Brom the other night.
Having a bet on Villa to win at 6s.
Also having a small bet on Villa to win and both teams to score at 11s.
Looks like value to me.

Can't back LFC at 2/5 (1.4) so have stuck £6 on Bolasie 1st goal @ 50/1

Can we get this up and running again?

I'm hearing Boro and Notts County are good value the weekend?

What do you think @Pesam???

Can we get this up and running again?

I'm hearing Boro and Notts County are good value the weekend?

What do you think @Pesam???
Not sure about Boro although I do think they will go close this season for top 2 but away to Wigan won't be easy and the price is about right. Notts Co look decent against Yeovil but it depends on the team news............I'll post again in 15 minutes when I've had a look.

I'm mainly focussing on Exeter v Shrews as I think 3/1 Exeter is a great price; again just waiting on the confirmed teams.

Yeah Notts Co should be too strong for Yeovil, I like their line up and Yeovil look limited as an attacking force. Also, Exeter v Shrews features 2 of the better teams in division2 and despite their poor start to the season Exeter are coming into form............with home advantage they have every chance against Shrews and 3/1 is a great price.

I stand by my Middlesbro "no bet" because Wigan seem to have a stronger team out than they have in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom