• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Bet of the weekend

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
any tips for this weekend pesam?
I'm hoping to repeat last weeks effort, I had Exeter backed £100 @ 3/1 and then still had enough faith to stick another £40 on them not to lose @ 10/1 when they were 0-2 down at half time :)

I'm being more cautious this season because, due to the birth of my daughter, I'm not being able to watch quite as much lower league footie as previous year. Having said that I'm still making a decent profit SO FAR.

Loads of loan transfers went thru yesterday so it's gonna be interesting to see some of the changed line ups tomorrow. I don't decide on my bets until I see the confirmed line ups so can't say for sure what bet(s) I'll do but 2 that have caught my eye...........

Crawley v Chesterfield........no idea why Crawley are 3/1 (betfair), neither team are particularly good (although I don't think either will be relegated). A few points worth thinking about......

There's only 3 points between them in the league
Crawley have just signed the forward Shaun Miller who I rate highly at this level.
Crawley's best midfielder Marv Elliott SHOULD be fit for this game, he's missed about 5 or 6 games recently and Crawley have struggled without him.

Not saying they'll win obviously but 3/1 seems a very big price.....I'd have them at 7/4 max.

Crewe have signed 3 or 4 new player and Ajose & Ikpeazu will give them badly needed firepower. Doncaster have some very good players but Dickov lost the support of the crowd months ago and they seem to punch well below their weight results wise. I don't have a strong feeling about this one but (again) 3/1 the home win seems a bit big.

You spotted anything wothwhile yet Shadey?

Crewe and Crawley so. Come on
Miller and Elliott both on the bench for Crawley unfortunately so I'm gonna hold fire and; hope they are losing at half time, bring on Elliott & Miller and get back in the game. I'm doing a smallish bet on Crewe at nearly 3/1 and a £10 double Crewe & Hartlepool

Both teams to score Wolves v Bournemouth @ 8/11

And just because I'm a sucker for punishment £5 Lucas 1st goal v Sunderland @ 80/1

I've just lost all respect for you mate.
Ha, just because I don't rate him as a player doesn't mean that I don't think he's actually gonna do something right eventually. Pissed off I missed Glenjo1st goalscorer at 80/1 against Stoke, I've backed him 4 or 5 times this season because I figured he was long overdue a goal.

Newcastle as big as 15/2 in places to beat Arsenal at the emirates on Saturday. 6/1 most places. Too much value in that to shy away from given both teams current form.

Gotta say 15/2 does look tempting on the Toon win Slug.

Another 15/2 shot is Crawley at Bristol City; I've seen bristol City a few times this season and they are rightly favourites to go up BUT IF Crawley have their 2 best players (Marv Elliott & Shaun Miller) starting then I will put £50 on them to win. If they score first their odds will go down to about 2/1 (if they score in the first half) so I'll sell my liability on the bet i.e. £50 lay @ 2/1 and that will give me "free" £275 bet on Crawley winning.

Elliott has been out injured for a few weeks but was back in the squad last week and hopefully will be match fit now. Miller signed on loan last week and started on the bench but will hopefully also start this week.

I am also looking at Morecambe & Cambridge wo are both about 3/1 at home to Luton & Shrewsbury respectively and are both a bit overpriced IMO.

I've won quite a lot backing against Wolves over the last few weeks but being a contrarian I am likely to bet on them getting at least a draw against Wednesday. They've signed Danny Graham on loan and I think he'll do well for them and if Dicko is also fit they should have enough firepower to trouble Wednesday. At present Wednesday are about 2.34 to lay, if they go down below 2.3 I'll wade in.

£20 treble @ 70/1 Huddersfield, Crewe and Cambridge all to win.

Smallish bets on Crawley @ 9/1 (Miller starts but Elliot on the bench again); I'll sell the liability of the bet if Crawley score first. Also similar bet on Huddersfield winning at Norwich @ 5/1.

£20 treble @ 70/1 Huddersfield, Crewe and Cambridge all to win.

Smallish bets on Crawley @ 9/1 (Miller starts but Elliot on the bench again); I'll sell the liability of the bet if Crawley score first. Also similar bet on Huddersfield winning at Norwich @ 5/1.
Also medium size bet on Cambridge beating Shrews @ 10/3, again selling the liability if Cambridge score first.

Small bet on Crewe winning at 3/1

I'm not doing Wolves as the Wednesday line up looks decent and I don't have a strong enough feeling that Wolves are particularly good value at 9/4

Small bet on Villa beating United @ 5/1
Medium size lay of Vale winning at Crawley @ 6/4

Small bet on Villa beating United @ 5/1
Medium size lay of Vale winning at Crawley @ 6/4
Not looking good on the Crawley bet but as is my way I'm laying Vale again at 1/10 at half time.

Small bet on Fulham winning at Bournemouth @ 11/2
Small lay of Rotherham beatinjg Huddersfield @ 6/4
Medium lay of Saints winning at Palace @ 6/5

@Pesam

Any tips for today? How are Blackburn doing? Are Stoke too strong for them. Stoke are 7/5 away.

Also will Derby rest players to focus on the league?

Sorry Dave, I wasn't on the forum over the weekend. I won on Crawley at 11/4 at home to Barnsley and had a small lay of Sunderland. It wasn't 100% success though as Fulham lost to Ipswich which cost me few quid.

My betting has taken a bit of a back seat this season as i don't have as much time to do my research of all the teams since I became a Dad in August.

Because of this I have started betting smaller amounts. Previously my bets would total about £500 per weekend whereas now I'm averaging £60 or £70! Part of this is because I'm less sure of my predictions this season and partly because of guilt. When I was a single bloke and winning plenty on Betfair I would think nothing of losing a big bet because I was up over £20,000 (in about 7 years of betting) so any loss was "other peoples" money that I was entitled to lose. Now if I lose a bet I think of the things I could have bought for my daughter or thaqt I could have put that money into a savings account for her.

Funnily enough I'm enjoying betting smaller amounts because the guilt has gone now and I'm still eking out a profit.

Laying Bournemouth winning at Brentford @ 6/5
Backing Sheff Utd to beat Coventry @ 8/11
Laying Shrews winning at Tranmere @ Evens
Small bet on Crawley winning at Swindon @ 11/1

Very profitable weekend, particularly happy with the £20 on Crawley @ 11/1.

I've had a moment of madness and invested £10 of my profit on LFC to win the league at 500/1. Obviously I don't think we'll do it but I do think we'll be closer to top place by the end of the season than we are now and if a miracle happens and Chelsea pick up a few key injuries (Hazard, Ivanovic, Terry etc) and City are always capable of fucking up. A bizarre bet I'll admit but wtf.

Reactions: ILD
Put your life savings on Bournemouth

Jokes aside, Burton are great value to beat Accrington if you wanna throw them in an acca

Reactions: C/O
Any footy tips for this weekend @Pesam?

Sorry C/O I didn't log on at all on Saturday as I headed to the pub for the rugby at lunchtime. My one and only bet did prevail thankfully which was a lay of Forest winning at Leeds.

I'm away in Czech for the next 2 weekends but will try to do the necessary research etc and get a few tips on here next week.

Sorry C/O I didn't log on at all on Saturday as I headed to the pub for the rugby at lunchtime. My one and only bet did prevail thankfully which was a lay of Forest winning at Leeds.

I'm away in Czech for the next 2 weekends but will try to do the necessary research etc and get a few tips on here next week.

No probs my man, thanks for the reply anyway.

Go easy over there!

Ha yeah same here.

I needed Bristol City and Dortmund to win for 1k! Bastards

I was completely shitfaced by 5pm on Saturday and very hungover yesterday so am only really checking out the results today..........that Bristol City result was a real "coupon buster". Lots of games on tomorrow night but we're flying to Czech at 5pm so i won't be able to check out the team line-ups. I'll see if I can find something worth betting on just based on my assumption of likely line-ups.

Fucking city let me down. The cunts. They only had to beat Burnley FFS, and I was up 500 quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom