• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Bournemouth (A) - Sun 21st 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
First pre match thread on the new forum. Trying the in-built prefix.

Still a week to go, but let’s get the chatter going. Will be interesting to see what we take to this as learnings from the cup games. It would be very nice if Szobo is back.

I’d keep Bradley in, and would like to see Gakpo as the super sub, giving Nunez licence to be himself for the most part, starting wide but with all three forwards rotating.

Alisson

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Szobo

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

If it’s too soon for Szob then Gravy probably gets the start. Elliot & Gakpo as key game changers off the bench if required.

Thanks for playing.

Thread closed for further replies.
Well if you want me to elaborate, I'm thinking considering the injuries we have to Szobo and Trent for example, if they're available they should play. We play Rovers or Norwich a few days afterwards I believe. So, I'd rotate in that game.

Last edited:
Have we registered Beck? Do we need to?

Im thinking we need to rotate Beck, Gomez and Bradley for the next 3-4 games so that we don’t break them before the return of Trent, Robbo and the Greek Scouser

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this one at all, playing them at the complete wrong time. Outtara and Semenyo out for them is somewhat of a boost as is the fact we’ve had 10 days off to recover.

Ali Bradley Konate Virgil Gomez Grav Jones Harvey Gakpo Nunez Jota

Have we registered Beck? Do we need to?

Im thinking we need to rotate Beck, Gomez and Bradley for the next 3-4 games so that we don’t break them before the return of Trent, Robbo and the Greek Scouser

Feels like Bradley might play all 3, with Trent back after the LC game for the league game against Chelsea.

Let’s hope he has 3 in a week in him, but hopefully we can rest / rotate in FA Cup

Well if you want me to elaborate, I'm thinking considering the injuries we have to Szobo and Trent for example, if they're available they should play. We play Rovers or Norwich a few days afterwards I believe. So, I'd rotate in that game.

I think even if Trent **might** be back, we should rest him, perhaps give him sub minutes in either of the cup games and ensure he is fresh for Chelsea & Arsenal games. Could be a blessing for us that he comes into those having had 3 weeks off.

Agree with the team but unsure if Szoboszlai will be fit. This game is not one to take lightly - Bournemouth have been flying.

They're very reliant on Solanke and I'd back VVD and Konate to keep him quiet enough.

The real question comes in midfield. If szobs out, who plays? It's Jones, Mac + another. The other annoyingly seems to be gravenberch or Elliott, and I'd be all over Elliott to start, unless klopp has got all the shit house out of gravy.

Front 3 of Jota, Nunez and gakpo. Anyone can play anywhere and I'll accept that.

The real question comes in midfield. If szobs out, who plays? It's Jones, Mac + another. The other annoyingly seems to be gravenberch or Elliott, and I'd be all over Elliott to start, unless klopp has got all the shit house out of gravy.

Front 3 of Jota, Nunez and gakpo. Anyone can play anywhere and I'll accept that.
Could be Gakpo with Harvey again tried out on the right side of attack. He's played Gakpo in midfield enough times now when we've been short for me to think it's a plausible option.

Worth mentioning that Bournemouth are without their LCB Senesi (suspended) and LC Outtara (AFCON) so we should hope to have some joy down that side.

Could be Gakpo with Harvey again tried out on the right side of attack. He's played Gakpo in midfield enough times now when we've been short for me to think it's a plausible option.

I'm hoping klopp realises that Elliott wide rarely works, same as gakpo in the 8; but you're probably right

Easiest is Nunez wide, gakpo central, Jota left, with Elliott Jones and macca deepest.

Feels like Bradley might play all 3, with Trent back after the LC game for the league game against Chelsea.

Let’s hope he has 3 in a week in him, but hopefully we can rest / rotate in FA Cup

You’d want to hope that at 19, having hardly played all season and after a weeks break - 3 games in a week shouldn’t be unachievable for him.

There’s going to be a bit of rotation, but it’ll be, or should be, mostly the same players with a bit of smart use of the bench.

Is it just me who wants to keep Jota on the bench to break teams? I'd start him when Salah is back.

Is it just me who wants to keep Jota on the bench to break teams? I'd start him when Salah is back.

Interesting idea, in a way all of our attackers offer a threat as impact subs. I prefer the idea of Gakpo because he can also come on as an attacking mid if needed.
You’d want to hope that at 19, having hardly played all season and after a weeks break - 3 games in a week shouldn’t be unachievable for him.

There’s going to be a bit of rotation, but it’ll be, or should be, mostly the same players with a bit of smart use of the bench.

Yes, we might need to manage his minutes in the FA Cup (which would be easy if Ramsay is back) in order to ensure we properly protect Trent ahead of a Chelsea return. Or Trent returning as a CM super sub against Fulham.

Interesting idea, in a way all of our attackers offer a threat as impact subs. I prefer the idea of Gakpo because he can also come on as an attacking mid if needed.

Yes, we might need to manage his minutes in the FA Cup (which would be easy if Ramsay is back) in order to ensure we properly protect Trent ahead of a Chelsea return. Or Trent returning as a CM super sub against Fulham.

Full strength against Bournemouth and Chelsea with whoever we have available.

Fulham, we can go nearly full strength, but we just need to be sensible and clinical when we get our chances - which we will.

FA Cup, we can probably rotate a little given we’re at home to a lower league side - nothing too drastic - load the bench up with first teamers in case we need them.

In all matches, if we’re comfortably in front, use the subs to give the kids some valuable playing time.

Momentum is as important as protecting players as far as I’m concerned.

Full strength against Bournemouth and Chelsea with whoever we have available.

Fulham, we can go nearly full strength, but we just need to be sensible and clinical when we get our chances - which we will.

FA Cup, we can probably rotate a little given we’re at home to a lower league side - nothing too drastic - load the bench up with first teamers in case we need them.

In all matches, if we’re comfortably in front, use the subs to give the kids some valuable playing time.

Momentum is as important as protecting players as far as I’m concerned.

Yes, home cup games are ideal for that as there isn't too much disruption for the first team players. It would be glorious to get those on the fringes upping their game though.

First pre match thread on the new forum. Trying the in-built prefix.

Still a week to go, but let’s get the chatter going. Will be interesting to see what we take to this as learnings from the cup games. It would be very nice if Szobo is back.

I’d keep Bradley in, and would like to see Gakpo as the super sub, giving Nunez licence to be himself for the most part, starting wide but with all three forwards rotating.

Alisson

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Mac Allister
Jones
Szobo

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

If it’s too soon for Szob then Gravy probably gets the start. Elliot & Gakpo as key game changers off the bench if required.
I'd rest Konate and play Quansah, I don't trust the guy not to get injured. Fuck-it, if he does get injured, it might force Klopp to get a CB. In the middle Grav instead of Dom
Attack. Nunez LW, Gakpo through the middle and Diaz on the right. Jota to comeone half time, you can't trust for him to stay fit

I'd rest Konate and play Quansah, I don't trust the guy not to get injured. Fuck-it, if he does get injured, it might force Klopp to get a CB. In the middle Grav instead of Dom
Attack. Nunez LW, Gakpo through the middle and Diaz on the right. Jota to comeone half time, you can't trust for him to stay fit
Rest Konate for what? The squad just had 10 days in the sun. This is a league game, its the game we need to win. The next game is in the league cup away against Fulham, we can draw that game and still make the final.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Rest Konate for what? The squad just had 10 days in the sun. This is a league game, its the game we need to win. The next game is in the league cup away against Fulham, we can draw that game and still make the final.
Doesn't make sense to me.
His paranoia to players getting injured is consuming him.

Cool Bradley, Elliott and Gomez take their spots.

Unless klopp wants to try Beck out

Pressers just concluded.

- spoken with Mo, too early to diagnose how severe the hamstring problem is.
- not expecting any of the injured players back.
- didn't know much about Iraola before but admires the work he's done.
- happy to see Solanke doing well.
- hasn't spoken to Hendo yet on his move but will do once he has some free time.
- really impressed with how quickly Quansah's developed, yet to play a bad game.

Cool Bradley, Elliott and Gomez take their spots.

Unless klopp wants to try Beck out
Worries me that we're playing every 3-4 days until the Arsenal game and Klopp can't rest certain players because we have no backups due to injuries. A lot is going to be asked of Gomez, Macca and Jones. I doubt that Klopp is going to play Beck, but he might be forced to.

Worries me that we're playing every 3-4 days until the Arsenal game and Klopp can't rest certain players because we have no backups due to injuries. A lot is going to be asked of Gomez, Macca and Jones. I doubt that Klopp is going to play Beck, but he might be forced to.
It's not ideal, especially when Jones, Gomez and konate have a storied history of small injuries. Hopefully we'll manage, or klopp gets creative.

I can see beck being given a run out in one of the games, only because losing Gomez could massively derail us

CBs : VvD, Konate, Quansah & Gomez
LB : Gomez & Beck
RB : Bradley & Gomez

Not down to the bare bones yet and luckily after Bournmouth it's LC & FAC before the PL again. Trent, Szobo and Robbo should all be back for Chelsea and even have at the very least (but more likely a full game or two) 20-30 mins under their belts. Even Gomez could get a rest.

Bar Mo, Endo and Thiago we should be full strength for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom