• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Bournemouth (A) - Sun 21st 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbow-deep more like, these motherfuckers have gone all HotKinkyJo on our arse...mad that MOTD2 didn't even look at the non-red card either.

Something I've not seen mentioned is also how blatantly their defender brought down Nunez for Jota's first - I guess it got overlooked because we scored, but when Nunez wins the initial header and the defender falls over, he blatantly lifts his legs up to trip him as he goes past. Luckily for us Gakpo picks it up and is able to slide it through to Diogo, but really that should've been a yellow, and you just know if we hadn't have scored it'd be nothing given...
LOL, I told my friend who was watching the game with me that I wouldn't be surprised if Tierney brought it back and gave a freekick to Bournemouth for the handball on Nunez when he fell.

Love this, and this is why this as a front three would be lethal once we get Mo back.

Throw in Endo, Mac Allister & Jones being in great form in the middle. Virgil & Trent approaching peak form of their lives, and with other new players showing real quality like Szobo - then things look really good for us.

It is injuries that scare me, especially once the Europa League is back. I really hope we make that a priority tournament for squad/youth players. We have such a strong league position I think it deserves sacrifice. Domestic treble will do for me this year. Leave the EL for Thiago's return.
How can you forget Konate !!

I also have a confession to make. In the first half I was trying out my new DHGate special retro shirt.. the 1995 home shirt (V neck) with Redknapp on the back. Felt apt given this was the 'Redknapp Derby'

Anyway, in my own world of jinxiness I changed at HT and put on my new 'old faithful' which is this year's home shirt that Has Mac Allister 10 on the back (@Hansern thinks I hate him, but I'm his stan). Anyway, it did the business. You're welcome.

I also have a confession to make. In the first half I was trying out my new DHGate special retro shirt.. the 1995 home shirt (V neck) with Redknapp on the back. Felt apt given this was the 'Redknapp Derby'

Anyway, in my own world of jinxiness I changed at HT and put on my new 'old faithful' which is this year's home shirt that Has Mac Allister 10 on the back (@Hansern thinks I hate him, but I'm his stan). Anyway, it did the business. You're welcome.

Haha, thats lovely and a great effort. I'd just like to say that I got some knitted Liverpool woollen socks for Christmas (yes its bloody freezing here), and I've been wearing them since putting them on at half time against Fulham (you're welcome). At half time yesterday my missus jokingly said "you've probably put them on the wrong foot" given that it was 0-0. I obviously changed them around and we won 4-0. As I'm writing this I can see that its fucking mental, but I love it and will do it on Wednesday as well. :D

I think we've definitely got the best front line in the league. I think Arsenal, despite their current so-called goal woes are pretty close and have age on their side with alot of their players, but I think the front 5 we have is really varied and more than efficient. The only difference between us and City is that Haaland has largely been above anyone in terms of goal consistency, when he's out though they occasionally lack that killer instinct and it leads to the odd blip. Unfortunately what they lack in actual strikers, they make up for in plenty of goals and assists from elsewhere.

Like I say though, we're awesome at times up top and it should only get better, providing we don't lose Salah or Jota for a length of time.

Haha, thats lovely and a great effort. I'd just like to say that I got some knitted Liverpool woollen socks for Christmas (yes its bloody freezing here), and I've been wearing them since putting them on at half time against Fulham (you're welcome). At half time yesterday my missus jokingly said "you've probably put them on the wrong foot" given that it was 0-0. I obviously changed them around and we won 4-0. As I'm writing this I can see that its fucking mental, but I love it and will do it on Wednesday as well. :D

Football would be boring if we didn't have our own superstitions. I have a shelf in my wardrobe with all of my shirts. Some are designated for watching important games (I have a black & gold GK shirt that I am not convinced we've ever lost whilst I've worn).

I have the 1995 away shirt that was undefeated until Paris CL game, and hasn't been worn since. I have some other old shirts that I look at and think "you fucked me"

This year's home shirt is doing the business though.

I think we've definitely got the best front line in the league. I think Arsenal, despite their current so-called goal woes are pretty close and have age on their side with alot of their players, but I think the front 5 we have is really varied and more than efficient. The only difference between us and City is that Haaland has largely been above anyone in terms of goal consistency, when he's out though they occasionally lack that killer instinct and it leads to the odd blip. Unfortunately what they lack in actual strikers, they make up for in plenty of goals and assists from elsewhere.

Like I say though, we're awesome at times up top and it should only get better, providing we don't lose Salah or Jota for a length of time.

City have a knack for having the odd player really step up and add in unexpected goals when the need it. Gundogan two seasons ago. Rodri last season. Bernardo doing it this season.

Not a superstition, but, from my match going days, I always felt that if we started a match like a house on fire (first 5 mins) we always got a shit result. However if we were under the cosh for the first 5 we would run out winners. So I was always confident after the start yesterday.

You can't just bin off a top for a single loss. There has to be a path to redemption. I have an Ireland rugby top which has been virtually flawless, but it has had the odd slip up. I'm still putting on that bad boy for a crunch Six Nations match. Show some forgiveness damn it!

You can't just bin off a top for a single loss. There has to be a path to redemption. I have an Ireland rugby top which has been virtually flawless, but it has had the odd slip up. I'm still putting on that bad boy for a crunch Six Nations match. Show some forgiveness damn it!

I have tops that are ready for their future redemption arcs. I can prepare one of these for the Chelsea game and use this gentle persuasion as any excuse for defeat.

Its not just red cards is it - also the penalty we didnt get from the foul on either Jota or Bradley in the Bournemouth match or the Oedgaard handball, or the yellow Elliott got for remonstrating with the ref but then Oedegaard doing exactly the same thing and getting nothing. And don't even start with the Spurs fuck up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom