• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell @King Binny - am so tired of injured players all over the place, and the miss-use of world class midfield talent. He has restricted Jones' role to be a limited one - that he now don't take on players like he is capable of, and now based on need - he has decided to bury him at RB. I hate this.

How would you have preferred it to be?

It isn't the first time that Jones has played right back, is it? He played there against Leicester earlier this season too.

Yeah, I thought he'd played there before early season (or maybe pre season), but Klopp siad he had never played that position so I assuemd I was wrong.

Have to laugh at the Curtis fan boy getting upset because his favourite player was the only one Klopp trusted to play a different role for 45 minutes as an emergency measure.

Yeah, I thought he'd played there before early season (or maybe pre season), but Klopp siad he had never played that position so I assuemd I was wrong.

Have to laugh at the Curtis fan boy getting upset because his favourite player was the only one Klopp trusted to play a different role for 45 minutes as an emergency measure.
Not sure you were wrong Tom.
From the Athletic......................

Klopp opted to move Jones out of his starting position in midfield, deploying the academy graduate in the same role he was asked to play in the Carabao Cup win over Leicester City here in September. Jones’ display that night was called “super-smart” by Klopp.

Trent was a liability today. He needs to hug the right touchline or lose his space to the kid.

Maybe its not his fault, he's being asked to completely fuck the balance of the side and leave everyone scratching their heads and wondering where they should be, but either way it's a fucking stupid idea and it's a good job he got injured

This needs stapling to Klopps door. Bradley looked so good because he was on an individual level but also because he played the role of a bloody RB. The whole Trent experiment pushes Robertson into being a short arse CB, too, so we lose width on both sides. It's infuriating.

Last edited:
How would you have preferred it to be?
Lets be honest, Klopps idea of a midfielder is all about pressing, running ... creative, chance creation and beating a player are way down on his list. The next manager is gonna think he has inherited an absolutue worldy when he sees Jones, and trust me Jones will be the man and the world will know him as the only rival to Jude Bellingham. That new manager is not gonna tell him to release the ball early or dont take players on, they will utilize every aspect of his full technical ability to make us consistent winners.

Look, we all know RB, and LB are shit positions in a football team, along with DM. So yeah, fanboy here is a bit upset, coz its like a step down.

Look, we all know RB, and LB are shit positions in a football team, along with DM. So yeah, fanboy here is a bit upset, coz its like a step down.
Right back has proved to be a critical role for us this season & last season.

We played an academy right back for 4 games and he looked like prime Cafu, such is the poor quality of right back performance we’ve gotten used to.

Before Trent got injured, the RB role was working fine. Lot more solid than last season and we were beginning to see a lot chances offensively being created from there. SCM retrospecitively rewritting history again?. Feels like the injury to Trent maybe a lot more serious than originally thought though, he hasn’t look same since has comeback.

Its impressive that we keep on winning even though 50% of the fanbase dont agree with how Klopp sets up the team or tactics.

Its impressive that we keep on winning even though 50% of the fanbase dont agree with how Klopp sets up the team or tactics.

Because he changes those tactics mid game. I shared the list of games we moved Trent into mid and put someone else at RB. I think it was three games we were losing that we went on to win.

You make it seem like the only analysis of football you do it looking at the starting line up and the final result.

Would be great if it were that simple.

Amazing how we have done since we have been missing probably our best 2 offensive players this season before injuries/Afcon. Add Szbo to that and we really have had monumental injuries to our base currently.

To just focus on 4 winnable games after rhat doesn’t really tell the full story either. Big games at times need big game players and that’s what we have missed.

Because he changes those tactics mid game. I shared the list of games we moved Trent into mid and put someone else at RB. I think it was three games we were losing that we went on to win.

You make it seem like the only analysis of football you do it looking at the starting line up and the final result.

Would be great if it were that simple.

I havent said anything about Trent in my post though.

Full backs shit? You have obvoulsly seen us Play the last seven years or so.

You have in about 25 other 'head in sand' posts.

Thats a predjuiced attitude given there have been a number of tactical and player discussions.
Macca as the 6, Trent RB, Nunez left wing/striker, Szobo RCM, Diaz RW, Gomez LB.

Numerous of discussions, but Klopp makes it work. Regarding Trent there isnt much more to discuss.
Klopp plays him as an RB.

I shared the list of games we moved Trent into mid and put someone else at RB. I think it was three games we were losing that we went on to win.
Although we weren't losing, you could add Burnley as another game on that list.

Trent was far superior when he had a full workhorse midfield covering and he did what he wanted on that right flank. Soon as that midfield lost it's legs and thus it's ability to cover the distance.....to shit we went. Trent hasn't really played as a RB for 11 months now, and nor should he again.

If there's 1 good thing that'll come from Xabi or whoever coming in, it's that we'll have likely seen the final nail in the coffin of the inverted system (which should've only ever been a temporary fix anyhow).

Trent was far superior when he had a full workhorse midfield covering and he did what he wanted on that right flank. Soon as that midfield lost it's legs and thus it's ability to cover the distance.....to shit we went. Trent hasn't really played as a RB for 11 months now, and nor should he again.

If there's 1 good thing that'll come from Xabi or whoever coming in, it's that we'll have likely seen the final nail in the coffin of the inverted system (which should've only ever been a temporary fix anyhow).

You say that - but City & Arsenal are using it as well. That usually means half the league will be doing in by the end of next season.

I’m not really sure why everyone has such a problem with a system that seems to be working fine.

I wouldn’t be too sure that Xabi will drop it either - he needs a box midfield for his short passing style to flourish.

If he were till go to a more rigid box midfield and utilise “wing backs” then that means we’ll lose one or possible two from our forward line because you end up with 2-2-2-2 or 3-2-2-1 through the centre with 2 wide players.

I’m looking at an inverted FB kind of being like a defensive end of the pitch version of what a False 9 brings..

Yeah, we need it @Brizzle :)
There are a loads for interesting discussions regarding the team for Saturday.
The double of Endo - Macca gaves us some great control against Burnley when Jones went to right back.
Starting Bradley should be a no brainer imho.

If going to shit means we are top of the league, in a cup final and still in the other two cup competitions at this stage of the season, then let me bathe in said shit forevermore

If going to shit means we are top of the league, in a cup final and still in the other two cup competitions at this stage of the season, then let me bathe in said shit forevermore
Going to shit was what we saw for the first 2/3s of last season when for some reason we still persisted with the same shit every week.

Now we've had our midfield rebuild it's a million times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom