• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Buy one player in January

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which position?

• DM

• RB

• RW

• CB

• Other, please elaborate...

• I'm happy with what we have this season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not getting another midfielder this January. We're not getting another RB (Bradley's back isn't he? I like him). We're not getting another CB until the Summer.

I'd like another LB TBH.

However I went for a RW as I'm coming around to Olise (not that Palace will sell him this Winter anyway).

As the Coconut man said, Frimpong is a player who'll be attracting serious interest from top clubs soon as I'd imagine a lot of the Bayer side will be. Their form is incredible.

Give me Jeremie Frimpong and Yangel Herrera/Hicham Boudaoui
As if Bayer will sell anyone when they have such a great chance of winning the BL :D

Diaz holds the ball to long for me. Doku tries to beat a man and then looks for the pass. Diaz tries to beat a man. Then another. Then another.

He plays like a quicker Colombian benayoun
I mean like literally the biggest criticism of Doku at the weekend was that he doesn't know when to offload to a player ina. better position and is intent on beating everyone in front of him. He is young though and Pep will thrash that out of him.

We're not getting another midfielder this January. We're not getting another RB (Bradley's back isn't he? I like him). We're not getting another CB until the Summer.

I'd like another LB TBH.

However I went for a RW as I'm coming around to Olise (not that Palace will sell him this Winter anyway).

Apart from the RW but - I think you’re pretty much spot on.

Since we seem to be overwhelmingly in favour of not signing a CB and extending Matip’s contract - I’m not sure where that leaves us as we only have a couple of places left to register players next season.

Last edited:
Apart from the RW but - I think you’re pretty much spot on.

Since we seem to be overwhelmingly in favour of not signing a CB and extending Mario’s contract - I’m not sure where that leaves us as we only have a couple of places left to register players next season.

Can't believe that we still have Balotelli at the club.

I'll kill for a Diaz (the supposed player everyone was raving about when he just arrived).

This current version is simply not that.

With Robertson injuried, we only have Tsimikas, who himself is cover. If he sould himself get injuried we only have youth cover...
We need a LB, and If we could sign Alphonso Davies from Bayern then we should. he could be had for as little 58m euros

I think the squad should always evolve so at least one new option is required.
Absolutely.

Keep the squad ticking over, 1 player to boost the team forward for the 2nd half. Gakpo was that player this time last season.

Even if it's some wonderkid like Oscar Zambrano or Pablo Maia......these are the next generational stars coming over the horizon.

A DM is the priority for this team. Szoboszlai and Gravenberch with a top quality six wound be ideal. A Rodri clone would turn us into guaranteed title contenders.

Failing that, I'd gladly take Olise.

@bluebell - what's the latest on the streets man ? - are going to get a DM ?
This guy
Screenshot-2023-11-27-232920.png

breaking-news.jpg

Last edited:
What if you were punched?
Neto?
Injury prone. Olise could certainly cover the Salah void during Afcon imo.
He’s got a lot of developing to do but his goal against Luton was a hint at what potential he has. If he can do that on a regular basis he will turn into a brilliant RW attacker.

Think we could do with a CB that could also cover as LB or Play as LCB in a back three, and so so competently.

Ideally a DM but I don't think we will be buying one this winter break. I think Klopp will give the space for Bajcetic to establish himself. Unless there is someone like Caicedo, guaranteed to take us to the next level available.

Wouldn't be surprised if we buy a right winger or another attacker to prepare us for Salah departure.

How about Frimpong from Leverkusen? He seems like a good attacking RB.

As the Coconut man said, Frimpong is a player who'll be attracting serious interest from top clubs soon as I'd imagine a lot of the Bayer side will be. Their form is incredible.

Give me Jeremie Frimpong and Yangel Herrera/Hicham Boudaoui

As if Bayer will sell anyone when they have such a great chance of winning the BL :D

Oh yeah cos Caicedo (and his chum Lavia) are clearly taking Chelsea to new heights.

I meant someone with this profile, not exactly him. We were prepared to go over 100 million for Caicedo and over 50 million for Lavia. Of course, we bought Endo and Gravvy after that, so dont know how the thinking has changed. But if there is a player, a number 6, with a very high chance of improving our team to the next level, I think we will take it.

Has to be a DM with Endo as cover.

someone said Diogo is hit and miss?

yeah when he comes back from injury.

But once he hits his stride - he’s great - like this season. Pops up with so many big goals.

Has to be a DM with Endo as cover.

someone said Diogo is hit and miss?

yeah when he comes back from injury.

But once he hits his stride - he’s great - like this season. Pops up with so many big goals.

Diogo when he's actually involved in the games he plays (quite rarely) then he's hit, this season he's been mostly miss (see Everton, Luton, City, Chelsea)

Out of all the goals we've scored this season, which would you separate as not being "big goals". The reason I ask is because all his goals have come when we've beaten teams well by 3 or more goals, that's discounting the 1 at Toulouse where we lost anyway so didn't really count for anything.

Diogo when he's actually involved in the games he plays (quite rarely) then he's hit, this season he's been mostly miss (see Everton, Luton, City, Chelsea)

Out of all the goals we've scored this season, which would you separate as not being "big goals". The reason I ask is because all his goals have come when we've beaten teams well by 3 or more goals, that's discounting the 1 at Toulouse where we lost anyway so didn't really count for anything.

Yeah but he usually scores the first goal, which is the hardest

Yeah but he usually scores the first goal, which is the hardest
Not something I've ever thought of tbh or would quantify.

If the other team levels it, then surely the next goal becomes the hardest.....thus being the match winner, thus being the "bigger" of the goals scored if you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom