• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Buy one player in January

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which position?

• DM

• RB

• RW

• CB

• Other, please elaborate...

• I'm happy with what we have this season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diogo when he's actually involved in the games he plays (quite rarely) then he's hit, this season he's been mostly miss (see Everton, Luton, City, Chelsea)

Out of all the goals we've scored this season, which would you separate as not being "big goals". The reason I ask is because all his goals have come when we've beaten teams well by 3 or more goals, that's discounting the 1 at Toulouse where we lost anyway so didn't really count for anything.

As I am getting older, all I can tell you is that I see him scoring a lot and walking away with hands aloft. the memory is hazy, they may have all been denied by VAR :)

Ok we are fucked then, and I can guarantee all our midfielders will be shit next season.

“All”…. Curtis Jones is most disappointed with you.

So….. how many new midfielders do we have to buy so that our midfielders are good - asking for a FRIbluebellEND?

I'd kill for Diaz to be more like doku

I'll kill for a Diaz (the supposed player everyone was raving about when he just arrived).

This current version is simply not that.

We really should have groomed Doku on being the next Mane. Perfect replacement. Diaz reminds me of Mane a little when we are attacking but lacks some of Mane high level pressing tenacity and awareness when we are defending.

I know Klopp says this team is his 2.0 but I don't see why he didn't want to model it on the 1.0 version. I miss the telepathy and link up play the original front 3 had. For me one of the best front three Liverpool players. Current front 3 are decent players in their own right but don't see how they compliment each other as much. We're near the top of the league so I can't complain too much about this but still...

“All”…. Curtis Jones is most disappointed with you.

So….. how many new midfielders do we have to buy so that our midfielders are good - asking for a FRIbluebellEND?
He has asked me who we will buy, I tell him no one, and then you're asking him for me, who the club should buy, have I got that right?
Moron wants a 8, I want a 6 who can cover the spaces that Trent leaves behind. To get the best out of our MF, I think we need to go to 4-4-2, so you can have, Dom, Mac, Grav and a 6. I think then you'll see a more dynamic Mac, who will have real impact on the game.

He has asked me who we will buy, I tell him no one, and then you're asking him for me, who the club should buy, have I got that right?
Moron wants a 8, I want a 6 who can cover the spaces that Trent leaves behind. To get the best out of our MF, I think we need to go to 4-4-2, so you can have, Dom, Mac, Grav and a 6. I think then you'll see a more dynamic Mac, who will have real impact on the game.

I don’t disagree we could do with bringing in someone more long term in the DM role than Endo and not as young as Badger.

We absolutely don’t need to go to 442 - that’s a terrible idea in my opinion - keep the 3 up front - it’s fucking great - why change it.

Could this be the DM that we need:

Mats Wieffer vs Atletico Madrid 90 mins
1 Goal
88% pass accuracy
14 passes into final third (!)
15 ball recoveries (!!)
4/6 ground duels won
5/6 aerial duels won
2/3 tackles
3 interceptions

Could this be the DM that we need:

Mats Wieffer vs Atletico Madrid 90 mins
1 Goal
88% pass accuracy
14 passes into final third (!)
15 ball recoveries (!!)
4/6 ground duels won
5/6 aerial duels won
2/3 tackles
3 interceptions

It’s too tempting to call him Mat Sniffer

Do you pronounce that wife-fur or wee-fur or maybe way-fur. Nah can't be way-fur can it, would need to have the 'e' before the 'I'. Wife-fur right? Is it even a -fur at the end or is it -fair? Wife-fair? Wife affair?

Do you pronounce that wife-fur or wee-fur or maybe way-fur. Nah can't be way-fur can it, would need to have the 'e' before the 'I'. Wife-fur right? Is it even a -fur at the end or is it -fair? Wife-fair? Wife affair?

Be just like us to get FrimPONG and WIFFER in midfield.

That pair would stink the midfield out!!!

Don’t worry… it’s almost summer in Oz… I don’t even need to get me coat…

That injury has really fucked Diaz, hasn't it? Thought his best form for us came in those first 6 months after signing in Jan

That injury has really fucked Diaz, hasn't it? Thought his best form for us came in those first 6 months after signing in Jan

I don't think his form is that different honestly. He was just a breath of fresh air in a very stale time. Defenders didn't know him at all, and we all of a sudden had someone who was very direct on the dribble.

Reactions: dee
I don’t disagree we could do with bringing in someone more long term in the DM role than Endo and not as young as Badger.

We absolutely don’t need to go to 442 - that’s a terrible idea in my opinion - keep the 3 up front - it’s fucking great - why change it.
How else do you play a MF of DOM, Mac, Grav and a 6? You get a better Mac when there is a 6 next to him. I want to see what Grav and Dom can do being on the pitch at the same time.
As for Spanish Naby... RIP.

How else do you play a MF of DOM, Mac, Grav and a 6? You get a better Mac when there is a 6 next to him. I want to see what Grav and Dom can do being on the pitch at the same time.
As for Spanish Naby... RIP.
simple, you don't.

Stronger midfield at the expense of width and the forward line.

Doesn’t work for me.
You wouldn't lose width as you'd have the Greek and Trent giving you that on the flanks. Yes, uptop you would but with Jota out for weeks, it allows more rotation greater impact substitution

You wouldn't lose width as you'd have the Greek and Trent giving you that on the flanks. Yes, uptop you would but with Jota out for weeks, it allows more rotation greater impact substitution

Well the if the Greek & Trent are so high up the pitch giving width, you’re weakening the defence.

It’s the change up to that worries me most in terms of narrowness - I don’t see it working with our inverted wingers playing centrally.

You’re essentially taking the team backwards to Dalglish 2.0 - which didn’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom