• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it bollocks. When the same posters have absolutely fuck all positive to say and rear their heads at predictable opportunities but are rarely seen any other time, it makes me wonder if theyre either on a windup or just revel in putting the boot in. And again, I'm not expecting people to not be critical, it's the monotinous nature of the same posters. And as stated in the thread, it's not just me picking up on it.

lol... like Moo doesn't polarise views

I remember someone not being impressed by our overall play against Norwich and suffered barrage of insults for it.
So if I criticize the team when we loose it's predictable and when we win it's uncalled for?
How about the final against Cardiff, is it fair game or does the fact that we won paper over that dismal performance?

predictably, you just missed the point Modo. Read my post again.
yes and this part is what I'm referring to:

When the same posters have absolutely fuck all positive to say and rear their heads at predictable opportunities but are rarely seen any other time, it makes me wonder if theyre either on a windup or just revel in putting the boot in.
Maybe I wasn't in your list of "same posters".

How about the final against Cardiff, is it fair game or does the fact that we won paper over that dismal performance?

Does it also paper over the good performances to get to the final ? Stoke, Man City, Chelsea ? Or what about the teams we've beat in the FA cup to get there. Our league form has been dire and can be rightly criticised but I don't see how constant repetitive and negative criticism of the team and manager is helping. Points have been made, debates have taken place and what will play out in the summer will play out regardless. I would have thought, and hoped, our supporters would be building up and bit of excitement and encouragement for the match in two days time but it seems most would rather keep repeating the same criticisms ad nauseaum rather than actually post some positivity about a game we have every chance of winning and can land us another trophy this season.

I make no mistake when I say our league form needs addressing - it's been shite - a combination of questionable buys, some poor play , poor finishing and a dash of bad luck.It's plainly obvious to us and those in the club. We know for fucks sakes. Stop banging the drum it's like tinnitus. Work will take place I'm sure to put that right. It does baffle me when a fourth place finish takes priority in the fans minds rather than silverware though. Why ? Probably because we can attract better players with CL qualification which helps the league campaign yet we need better players to get there in the first place. Are trophies other than the EPL and CL worthless now ?

We seemed to have forgotten that "Liverpool Football Club exists to win trophies". Well I've not seen any trophy cabinet that has Champions League qualification awards in them and we've won more trophies in this season already than Arsenal, a perennial CL qualifiying club, has in the last seven years. I'm focused on the final this weekend. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I haven't got the energy to bemoan the Fulham performance and I'm really not arsed if the blueshite finish above us. So what ? What I'm arsed about is us winning the final and having some positivity about the fact we have every chance to win that final and getting behind the club I love as much as I can to give what little help I can to help that achieve that rather than moaning about the current crappy league status quo. It's completely pointless and there are much more important priorities this weekend. Get behind your team folks - we can win the cup and they need our support.

That's a very good post Sunny.
Probably the best rallying call I've seen for a long while, you should re-post in the pre match thread.

For the (broken) record, constantly regurgitating the same negative posts doesn't make me feel good at all. It just keeps my post count up ;)

Seriously though I like everyone else here am hoping for a heroic performance on Saturday.

For the (broken) record, constantly regurgitating the same negative posts doesn't make me feel good at all. It just keeps my post count up ;)

That wasn't specifically aimed at yourself Modo. There's plenty who bang their rallying drums regardless what side of the debating fence we fall.

So do I. I do see talent in him. He lacks confidence though.
Exactly how I feel. I slag him off out of sheer frustration.

He shouldn't have been dropped in the deep end

Exactly how I feel. I slag him off out of sheer frustration.

He shouldn't have been dropped in the deep end

No, he should not have. Slagging him off doesn't help though. When you see someone lacking confidence in work what do you do ? Or what would you like done to you if you lacked confidence somewhat ? Have someone constantly criticise, shout at you and slag you off or would you rather were supportive and encouraging but also pointed out in a calm manner where you were making mistakes. We should have learnt a lesson from Lucas (but I'm not getting into that debate)

new to the site and looks like a great site but find it disgraceful to see a discussion titled bye bye Kenny, the man deserves more respect from all Liverpool fans. He didn’t need to answer the SOS the owners sent out last season but the man loves the club and hated seeing it in distress. I was bouncing for days when he came back in as manager.

Of course this season in the league is a massive disappointment especially at home, I was at the Fulham game on Tuesday and it was painful to watch but the reality was the team was made up of guys who are probably leaving in the summer (Kuyt and Maxi) and younger lads not yet at the level required for a club such as LFC.

Had a bloke beside me saying the usual “ Kenny is a legend but maybe he be moved upstairs” this type of statement drives me nuts we have performed well away in the league, have done brilliantly in the cups but the home form has let us down. Kenny win or lose on Sunday deserves at least one more season. Funnily enough the bloke beside who wants Kenny gone was 5 minutes later singing we are on the march with Kenny`s army!!!!

Also I watched the FA semi-final in a pub in town which I never do as there are always idiotic fans around, and of course there was a group of Reds pissing and moaning all the way through the 1st half. In the 2nd half not a sound out of them, like a small minority of fans I think they love seeing us lose.

We need to get behind the manager and support him and also realise players like Henderson and Carroll were bought for the long term. Now I will admit Downing and Adam were mistakes but every manager makes bad signings. Thank god Rush played when he did as he didn’t exactly set the world on fire at the start of his Liverpool career.

I hope Kenny isn’t hounded out of the job by the fans if that happens a large piece of this great club will die.

No, he should not have. Slagging him off doesn't help though. When you see someone lacking confidence in work what do you do ? Or what would you like done to you if you lacked confidence somewhat ? Have someone constantly criticise, shout at you and slag you off or would you rather were supportive and encouraging but also pointed out in a calm manner where you were making mistakes. We should have learnt a lesson from Lucas (but I'm not getting into that debate)

Oh I don't slag him off at the ground. When someone does something shit at the ground, I laugh. I really can't help it. Its like property tourettes.

On here I vent because where else am I going to do it?

The new boy says it all - and I predict will end up with a higher like count than post count in the next 20 minutes

Now close this tread and stop the whinging, deep down inside you all know Kenny will get it right, you;re just scared to admit it as you're a bunch of masochists. Two cups this year, and next year a unique quadruple will have you all eating those miserable words ...

B.E.L.I.E.V.E.

Indeed it was a great first post.

But people have been saying that for months. We've declined since then. When will enough be enough?

The new boy says it all - and I predict will end up with a higher like count than post count in the next 20 minutes

Now close this tread and stop the whinging, deep down inside you all know Kenny will get it right, you;re just scared to admit it as you're a bunch of masochists. Two cups this year, and next year a unique quadruple will have you all eating those miserable words ...

B.E.L.I.E.V.E.

westred New Member

Message Count:
Do I get a prize for the fastest proved prediction on SCM?

But people have been saying that for months. We've declined since then. When will enough be enough?

Good question. I guess the answer is after one more season.

Cheers for the positive comments lads, I will freely admit I love Kenny ever since I was a young lad so maybe some will say I`m blinkered, I class myself as a supporter (not a fan) and I believe in my responsibility to support our manager.

Come Saturday we could have the FA Cup back, think how great a picture of Kenny and Suarez will look holding it

Seriously - Kenny will know when enough is enough and will walk if he reaches trhat point. He knows more about foortball and cares more passionalty about Liverpool FC then anyone on here, and he wont jeopardise that IF he is failing. As long as he stays I have every faith the he knows that he is going in the right direction

We're going to Win Saturday. Chelsea are on a downer again, and it's a cup match. We are a great Cup team FFS.

Westred and Sunny's two posts are the best I have read on a forum in many a year.

Despite a really lacklustre season at home (our away tally this season measures against anyone, let's remember), I don't think Kenny is as far from getting it right as some people think. Yes, some of his signings have really been unsuccessful, and we are still lacking some really clever attacking players but I think tactically he has done what he wanted to do. Get Liverpool playing a pass-and-move possession dominating game. The stats show we've had more possession in the oppo half than any other team in the league, and bar City have had more shots than any other team. We've dominated so many games that we haven't killed off it is untrue. Those who have him pinned down as some tactically naive 'cheerleader' are talking utter shite. Kenny, no doubt aided by Clarke, have won a number of key tactical battles in huge games against Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Utd, and this 'cheerleader' bollocks is frankly out of order. As Barca's recent fall shows even a brilliant possession/ passing game can fall against park the bus teams if you don't take your chances. We haven't, and more worryingly, I don't think we have the personnel who are ever going to convert enough chances.

And so where the naysayers are right is in saying that Kenny has bought badly. Downing is not good enough, Carroll doesn't score enough and doesn't actually seem fitted to the manner of game Kenny wants to embed in the club, Henderson seems like a lot of money for what we've got. Everywhere there aren't enough goals in the team, or enough magicians to unlock the door. Kenny will surely be looking to bring that element to the team. I think we should trust him to get it right.

In addition to the deserved praise for Sunny's and westred's posts, this one deserves an accolade too. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom