• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westred and Sunny's two posts are the best I have read on a forum in many a year.
Did you not read my one about that girl who was punching my mate in the face while she fucked him?
Tsk.

No, he should not have. Slagging him off doesn't help though. When you see someone lacking confidence in work what do you do ? Or what would you like done to you if you lacked confidence somewhat ? Have someone constantly criticise, shout at you and slag you off or would you rather were supportive and encouraging but also pointed out in a calm manner where you were making mistakes. We should have learnt a lesson from Lucas (but I'm not getting into that debate)

That constant slagging works wonders? ;)

is it bollocks. When the same posters have absolutely fuck all positive to say and rear their heads at predictable opportunities but are rarely seen any other time, it makes me wonder if theyre either on a windup or just revel in putting the boot in. And again, I'm not expecting people to not be critical, it's the monotinous nature of the same posters. And as stated in the thread, it's not just me picking up on it.

lol... like Moo doesn't polarise views

maybe i do polarise views and am a little monotonous, but i'm not alone. why should i pretend things are all rosy and say positives things just to please a few, when our season has been piss poor (the worst in years). yes we have won the carling cup and 'maybe' the fa cup, but it doesn't hide over the cracks of how awful we have been. i don't get pleasure in seeing kenny struggle, but it frustrates me a little when i believe people are a little blinkered to that fact he is not taking this club forward, and is unlikely to if he remains beyond the seasons end. quite rightly, people have their views and opinions about kenny, and i respect them, but it does't mean i have to accept or agree with them.

Dr Brukner sounds like a villain in a Cronenberg film.

I imagine they sacked him for shoving wires up players jappers under false pretenses.

Does it also paper over the good performances to get to the final ? Stoke, Man City, Chelsea ? Or what about the teams we've beat in the FA cup to get there. Our league form has been dire and can be rightly criticised but I don't see how constant repetitive and negative criticism of the team and manager is helping. Points have been made, debates have taken place and what will play out in the summer will play out regardless. I would have thought, and hoped, our supporters would be building up and bit of excitement and encouragement for the match in two days time but it seems most would rather keep repeating the same criticisms ad nauseaum rather than actually post some positivity about a game we have every chance of winning and can land us another trophy this season.

I make no mistake when I say our league form needs addressing - it's been shite - a combination of questionable buys, some poor play , poor finishing and a dash of bad luck.It's plainly obvious to us and those in the club. We know for fucks sakes. Stop banging the drum it's like tinnitus. Work will take place I'm sure to put that right. It does baffle me when a fourth place finish takes priority in the fans minds rather than silverware though. Why ? Probably because we can attract better players with CL qualification which helps the league campaign yet we need better players to get there in the first place. Are trophies other than the EPL and CL worthless now ?

We seemed to have forgotten that "Liverpool Football Club exists to win trophies". Well I've not seen any trophy cabinet that has Champions League qualification awards in them and we've won more trophies in this season already than Arsenal, a perennial CL qualifiying club, has in the last seven years. I'm focused on the final this weekend. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I haven't got the energy to bemoan the Fulham performance and I'm really not arsed if the blueshite finish above us. So what ? What I'm arsed about is us winning the final and having some positivity about the fact we have every chance to win that final and getting behind the club I love as much as I can to give what little help I can to help that achieve that rather than moaning about the current crappy league status quo. It's completely pointless and there are much more important priorities this weekend. Get behind your team folks - we can win the cup and they need our support.

I'm 51% - 49% in favour of Kenny being in charge next season even if we do lose the FA Cup to Chelsea.

maybe i do polarise views and am a little monotonous, but i'm not alone. why should i pretend things are all rosy and say positives things just to please a few, when our season has been piss poor (the worst in years). yes we have won the carling cup and 'maybe' the fa cup, but it doesn't hide over the cracks of how awful we have been. i don't get pleasure in seeing kenny struggle, but it frustrates me a little when i believe people are a little blinkered to that fact he is not taking this club forward, and is unlikely to if he remains beyond the seasons end. quite rightly, people have their views and opinions about kenny, and i respect them, but it does't mean i have to accept or agree with them.

Recognising the positives is NOT the same as "pretending things are all rosy". There's not one single poster on here who's "pretending" that. Some of us, though, try harder than others to see the good things as well as the not so good. You unfortunately are not one of them, and that lack of balance is what gets up posters' noses, whoever it comes from.

I think the problem is that a few have come to regard being negative as a badge of honour. They've indentified themselves so closely with that position it makes a good result, and/or performance, seem like a setback. I doubt it's intentional, but some do get into a groove and it's hard to get out. Of course, it can work at the other extreme as well, but that's a more conventional kind of bias. Neither facilitates rational discussion.

I commend Sunny, Oncey etc for their wonderful posts but I'm still not convinced.
I feel that instead of raising the bar we're lowering it to suit our expectations.
Despite the criticism I still support the club, I guess I just don't have the same level of faith you've got.

I commend Sunny, Oncey etc for their wonderful posts but I'm still not convinced.
I feel that instead of raising the bar we're lowering it to suit our expectations.
Despite the criticism I still support the club, I guess I just don't have the same level of faith you've got.

As repetitive as this will read, I just think it's a case of it being Kenny in charge so he gets more leeway. I know this line has been brought up by Kenny's critics but if it was anyone else in charge, there would be many more people losing faith. There's no doubt about it.

We all want a successful Liverpool team and even better if it was Kenny in charge whilst we were successful considering his history with the Club but i just don't understand why some people seem to be surprised when Kenny is questioned.

Win, lose or draw, i usually like to give my point of view and it's not a case of deliberately setting out to be negative.

I havent lowered my expectations but I also realise it will be a long road back, what surprises me is that so many supporters seem to have forgotten the mess left by H&G and takes time for a club at all levels to recover.

For me Kenny is right man for the job, he understands the history and culture of the club, and he deserves our support. In his first full season he could do a cup double, of course the league form has disappointed and for me Kenny won`t allow a repeat next season. One of the most special images in football is seeing Kenny smiling, arms raised after we score a goal. The man loves the club more than any supporter, and if he can`t turn things around he will make the decision to step down, and that has to be his decision which will be least he deserves.

For now roll on Saturday after that lets see what happens in the summer and come next season I hope with all my heart Kenny is still our manager

i just don't understand why some people seem to be surprised when Kenny is questioned..

No one is surprised. That's the kind of thing that winds up those who aren't chronically negative - they're depicted as simpletons who think everything is brilliant.

t i just don't understand why some people seem to be surprised when Kenny is questioned.

No one is, and either you're skimming over posts or missing the point. Everyone who has questioned Moo and co in this thread has said that they're not happy with the league campaign, who would be? It's not about being perturbed by people criticising Kenny, in the league he absolutely deserves it, it's the monotonous nature of the same posters sticking the boot in without ever having anything good to say.

You look at the usual response from the moaning cunts, it's almost like pointing the finger at the RCDNW brigade, except if you read Sunny, Judge, Oncy, Sheik, Macca, Rosco and co's posts, they're usually fairly balanced and will have a go and point to the negatives but, most importantly, support when it matters, that's the difference between them and the lads getting the flack in this thread.

No one is, and either you're skimming over posts or missing the point. Everyone who has questioned Moo and co in this thread has said that they're not happy with the league campaign, who would be? It's not about being perturbed by people criticising Kenny, in the league he absolutely deserves it, it's the monotonous nature of the same posters sticking the boot in without ever having anything good to say.

You look at the usual response from the moaning cunts, it's almost like pointing the finger at the RCDNW brigade, except if you read Sunny, Judge, Oncy, Sheik, Macca, Rosco and co's posts, they're usually fairly balanced and will have a go and point to the negatives but, most importantly, support when it matters, that's the difference between them and the lads getting the flack in this thread.

I guess some posters might be seen as being too negative but i don't think there's any sinister or malicious about it. Maybe they're just being misunderstood or don't express themselves in the right way.

Also, some people are just genuinely more pessimistic(in terms of supporting their team) than others, and that comes out in their posts - doesn't make them any less of a fan, it's just the way it is. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing.

Why be defensive about being negative at this moment?

The truth is tied up in the fact that some negativity is vented precisely because we want more positive outcomes than we have now become slowly used to.

I'm generally a pretty positive bloke but when we do poorly due to clear managerial gaffes I find it hard to swallow that somehow I'm a worse fan because I'm frustrated that we don't seem to want to fix our problems.

Not a chance in hell does Liverpool mean less to me because of it. I just want things to be better And it's hard to see that Kenny knows how to get there. In many ways the negativity is actually a cry for positive changes that cannot happen if we just grin and bear it.

Why be defensive about being negative at this moment?

The truth is tied up in the fact that some negativity is vented precisely because we want more positive outcomes than we have now become slowly used to.

I'm generally a pretty positive bloke but when we do poorly due to clear managerial gaffes I find it hard to swallow that somehow I'm a worse fan because I'm frustrated that we don't seem to want to fix our problems.

Not a chance in hell does Liverpool mean less to me because of it. I just want things to be better And it's hard to see that Kenny knows how to get there. In many ways the negativity is actually a cry for positive changes that cannot happen if we just grin and bear it.
Riiiiight, so if your kid is failing at school, you should beat him, yell names until he improves. Because you're only venting right, and it's go no bearing on how you love your kid.

Riiiiight, so if your kid is failing at school, you should beat him, yell names until he improves. Because you're only venting right, and it's go no bearing on how you love your kid.

What a weird analogy.

No, it's more like talking about it with your wife when the kids arent around and have no knowledge of your concerns.

It's not like we're going straight to kenny and calling him shit.

It's like keni said, or like talking to your mates in the pub about your thick kid.

Indeed it was a great first post.

But people have been saying that for months. We've declined since then. When will enough be enough?

We have a sunny says been through a slump in form, especially at home in the league. We have to little quality in depth to make a real treath when our big guns ain't firing on all cylindres. Stevie have been absent and I don't know if it is just physical or he is mentally worn out. The defence has been hampered by Aggers injury. Suarez have been good, and Big Andy has improved a bit, but the main headache is the midfield. A midfield of Spearing (Not even close to be a good dominant midfielder), Henderson (Far to inexperienced to carry the loads ot his level) and Gerrard (Not been up to his standards as mentioned) have not been able to dictate the engine room in important matches. the wide players have been very inconsitent and you can point that finger at all of them (incl bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt) except Downing who has been consistantly innefficient in all aspects of the game. He is a physical hard worker though so I can see why Kenny uses him especially in away games. For me however it is not good enough.

We have seen the team play very well without getting anything throughout the autumn. this was very frustrating. The form fell apart with the Suarez case. Xmas and new year was piss poor, and even if we have been playing well in some games (Arsenal particulary) we have not been clinical in either end. it have cost us 10 points at least, and even that hadn't been enough to fight for 4th place.

But we have to play who we got to play with. We can't avoid playing a central midfield even if what we got is not good enough. When the 4th place dissapeared we still have to finish of the season. if we end up number 6 or 8 is irrelevant in that perspective. The younger players will learn how to climb a mountain,a nd the older ones will have to show they deserve to be part of this club. But to hang our heads over a poor Fulham match just days before we play Chelsea in the FA cup shows that the fans doesnt understand the mechanics in neither the sport itself nor in the human body. if you play on 90% of your capasity you will not make it in PL. Against Fulham our passing, movement and attitude was the worst I have seen in the whole season. For the first time I felt the team was far out of its depth. But with the focus on an extremelly tough Final on saturday I am not surprised at all, and as long as the game meant shit, I don't bother to much. Yes there is pride for the shirt, and no the Final shouldn't mean that the players couldn't hit a pass the whole evening. But that game was different from most other games the whole fucking season. I hear we get what we deserves. And maybe we didn't desereve to beat Arsenal as long as we didn't put away our chances. But ask yourself, Have other teams got what they deserved? Did Arsenal deserve a win? QPR? Did Stoke, Swansea and Norwich deserve to hang on to draws without trying to create jack shit? Man U and City?

It's not like we're going straight to kenny and calling him shit.

It's like keni said, or like talking to your mates in the pub about your thick kid.

That never happens fabs. Everyone has a genius child prodigy, it just seems most of them are misunderstood by everyone but their parents, or their friends lead them down the wrong path.

I know my kids gonna be thick.

He's just gonna know about omar from 8 years old.

Oh indeed.

Rage epitomised the problem during Rafa's time. It wasn't just - or even - a sober analysis of the problems of the time. It was an incessant, one-note rant that was more concerned with the preservation of its own perspective than it was with taking part in a serious debate. When it got to the point where he'd practically celebrate in match threads every time we conceded a goal - presumably because it 'proved' his point - there was nothing to do but either ignore him or rant back at him. Something similar is happening now. Once you care more about your 'position' than anything else, you've surrendered, possibly quite unconsciously, to a dogma. You see everyone else on here as either for you or against you, rather than a fellow fan with slightly different views and styles of expression. The only thing that's essential is mutual respect.

The shit times just make the good times feel so much better with everything in life, football is no different. Whether or not the King will bring back those good times is another question altogether - there are two important issues here:

A) The Carling Cup
B)The FA Cup

If we win tomorrow afternoon, as far as im concerned hes the man for the job- we were never going to get into the top four and some poor signings from The management team have clearly contributed the league performance, , his passion and a potential domestic cup double absolutely lends him another season to rectify the league performances.

Its not rocket science, we desperately need 2-3 quality players this summer, I just hope that he gets the opportunity to make things work, just as Rafa should have. But yeah, win tomorrow and this should be put to bed for the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom