• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Call M. E. baby

I think it's quite normal for two powerful and well regarded people at an organization to not get along professionally, or at least feel that they are in each other's way. That doesn't mean that they hate the other person, or are unable to tolerate them; it could just be that they feel they may be better off working in another way. This Klopp v Edwards thing is blown out of proportion.
I agree with this post. And to be fair I consumed probably hours of Edwards content today and didn’t hear or read a single person suggesting that there was anything more than a professional disagreement. So no one is blowing it out of proportion, as far as I can tell.

Edwards at Liverpool 2011-2022
Klopp at Liverpool 2015 - 2024

7 years working together.

Edwards left because he's an ambitious man and is returning because he's an ambitious man (and let's not forget he turned down United and Chelsea and rumoured Real Madrid and PSG too).

Edwards at Liverpool 2011-2022
Klopp at Liverpool 2015 - 2024

7 years working together.

Edwards left because he's an ambitious man and is returning because he's an ambitious man (and let's not forget he turned down United and Chelsea and rumoured Real Madrid and PSG too).
Yup, and why did it take so much convincing for him not only to return but to gain a better position as CEO even though he knew Klopp wouldn't be there? Klopp vs Edwards has nothing to do with him leaving and not going back into any football club for the last two years. Unless he hates all managers. Then rurikbird would have a point.

Yup, and why did it take so much convincing for him not only to return but to gain a better position as CEO even though he knew Klopp wouldn't be there? Klopp vs Edwards has nothing to do with him leaving and not going back into any football club for the last two years. Unless he hates all managers. Then rurikbird would have a point.
Yeaahhh it's almost as if Edwards is total bitch to negotiate with, who always makes the other side overpay

If they both announce Solanke as their first signing that’s me done with football forever.

FBv7bSvXIAI7T9Z.jpg

I’m not implying they hate each other or anything like that. But clearly there was a professional conflict or difference of opinion serious enough to cause Edwards to leave. He is coming back now because Klopp is leaving, it’s pretty obvious.

And I’m not picking sides here. Like I said before, it’s possible that from their respective vantage points both Klopp and Edwards were right about things they disagreed about.

I thought the same to be honest. I mean, we were in for him before and he wasn't interested, then Klopp announces his departure and he's back onboard? It's perfectly normal and probably pretty common, I don't think it's a conspiracy theory at all.

That’s an old picture surely. I don’t think it takes a genius to work out that the timing of Klopp’s departure and Edwards’ return isn’t coincidental.
Yeah I think it’s old, it’s not coincedental but I think some are reading too much into the reasons. FSG’s MCO strategy probably is the biggest factor here, I doubt Edwards would leave his new consultancy to return just as director of football at LFC regardless of Klopp’s departure. It’s a more free ranging role and probably something they have been dicussing a while prior to Klopp’s decision.

Last edited:
Over the last 2 years, there were news about how there were differences in opinions regarding handling of the medical sides of things and transfer/contract offers approach so I guess it might have been one of the factors of consideration for Edwards too.

- Klopp’s decision to appoint Kornmayer vs. Edwards' bringing in of Phil Jacobsen, which came to a sour end
Special report: Inside Liverpool’s medical department

- Liverpool: How Jurgen Klopp's Reds have been hurt on the pitch by a 'brain drain' off it
"There is large sentiment at the training complex that Andreas Kornmayer, head of fitness and conditioning and one of Klopp's most trusted figures, wields too much influence and is hard to work with."

- Jude Bellingham: Did Liverpool hang on to idea of signing Borussia Dortmund midfielder for too long?
"In fact, in the summer of 2021, some of Liverpool's recruitment team were flagging that the squad was veering away from the 'right football age.' They felt blanket new contract extensions were not the best strategy for a spine that had multiple seasons of exacting football taking its toll on their bodies and minds."

Way too many people on social media love rushing to conclusions in the absence of any real information. As has been said, there were likely plenty of professional disagreements behind the scenes over the 7-8 years they worked together, and many smaller incidents can add up to the idea that they are no longer completely aligned. Also, Edward was here 9-10 years, which is longer than most people have ever worked for one organisation. Whilst the club would never give all the details leading to Edwards's (and Ward's) departure, the real reasons are likely far more mundane than the explosive falling out many subscribe to.

I suspect Edwards was warning about the squad completely falling apart long before it happened last year. It has only reminded FSG of his importance since his warnings played out into reality.

Last edited:
For a start, it's promising that Bournemouth signed 3 of the names mentioned in the Interesting Young Players thread :p

- Ouattara
- Kerkez
- Scott

Since Hughes' promotion to the role of first-team technical director in 2016, Bournemouth have made some notable signings (either developed to be good players at the club or sold on for sizable profit):

- Ramsdale @ 18 yrs old
- Solanke @ 21 yrs old
- Ake @ 22 yrs old
- Kelly @ 20 yrs old
- Danjuma @ 22 yrs old
- Billing @ 23 yrs old

Fair to say Semenyo can be added to the list too? Bought for £10m at 23 yrs old from Bristol City. 2nd top goal scorer (7) for Bournemouth in all competitions this season, behind Solanke (17).

Richard Hughes confirmed. Starts 1st of June.

Tried to sign Virgil from Celtic appaz, so he’s the Goat. No doubt.

Gibraltar FA. I'm sorry lads, Bournemouth and Gibraltar. Can't we do better?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jansen-moreno-68b99b2a/?originalSubdomain=gi

Ok I snooped his Linkedin.

- Grew up in Gibraltar - hence his Gibraltar connection
- did his degrees at LMJU and did internships at Everton and Liverpool
- Right out of school was an U-10 coach at Wigan and "First Team Performance Analyst" at Brighton for a year
- Critically, speaks Spanish and Portugese as well

Can see why it makes sense to hire him for something or the other.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jansen-moreno-68b99b2a/?originalSubdomain=gi

Ok I snooped his Linkedin.

- Grew up in Gibraltar - hence his Gibraltar connection
- did his degrees at LMJU and did internships at Everton and Liverpool
- Right out of school was an U-10 coach at Wigan and "First Team Performance Analyst" at Brighton for a year
- Critically, speaks Spanish and Portugese as well

Can see why it makes sense to hire him for something or the other.

Ok, possibilities looking better. Just no underperforming people please. Rock stars only.

Back
Top Bottom