• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Playoffs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstrung_pigeon

Well-Known
Well, none of our business! Ha! But okay, for anyone interested - the draw is today I think, with the following setups:

LEAGUE ROUTE
Seeded: Arsenal FC (ENG), FC Porto (POR), FC Zenit (RUS), Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER), SSC Napoli (ITA)
Unseeded: Athletic Club (ESP), LOSC Lille (FRA), FC København (DEN), R. Standard de Liège (BEL), Beşiktaş JK (TUR)

CHAMPIONS ROUTE
Seeded: FC Salzburg (AUT), FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), APOEL FC (CYP), FC BATE Borisov (BLR), PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
Unseeded: NK Maribor (SVN), Legia Warszawa (POL), ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK), Malmö FF (SWE), Aalborg BK (DEN)

The League Route looks pretty easy for the seeded teams. Athletic Bilbao will probably be the most tricky opponent these teams can get, so hopefully Arsenal draw them, and Bilbao pulls off an upset.

Warsaw's status seems precarious at this point as it allegedly fielded an "ineligible" player against Celtic.

If true, then Legia Warsaw are complete morons. 6-1 up on aggregate and they field a suspended player for a few remaining minutes.

MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 43m BREAKING: Celtic reinstated into the Champions League at the expense of Legia Warsaw

What an absolute joke. The lad played for 4 mins at the end of a 180 minute tie in which Legia trounced an awful Celtic 6-1.

Once Celtic became aware that he was ineligible they had a moral choice to make. Had they NOT filed a complaint the result would have stood.

Pathetic.

Apparently the "offence" means that Celtic are awarded the match on a 3 0 scoreline which was what they needed to go through.

As Dave says, Legia are morons.

Celtic are the morons ffs. Legia made an honest minor mistake (how many of those have you made this week?) and Celtic are being pricks about it.

I've always had a soft spot for the hoops, but they can fuck off with this bullshit. I hope this comes back to haunt them.

I'm not absolving or blaming Celtic, as I am not aware of their part in it.

Warsaw were 6 1 up and put on a suspended player for 4 minutes ffs. That is pure stupidity or incompetance. It wouldn't or shouldn't happen at the lowest level of Sunday League football.

Celtic are the morons ffs. Legia made an honest minor mistake (how many of those have you made this week?) and Celtic are being pricks about it.

I've always had a soft spot for the hoops, but they can fuck off with this bullshit. I hope this comes back to haunt them.

Yeah but what are Legia doing fielding an illegible player? That's amateur at best.

I've no affiliation towards Celtic at all so this isn't a defense of them but we'd probably exercise this loophole if it meant getting into the CL.

I'm not absolving or blaming Celtic, as I am not aware of their part in it.

Warsaw were 6 1 up and put on a suspended player for 4 minutes ffs. That is pure stupidity or incompetance. It wouldn't or shouldn't happen at the lowest level of Sunday League football.

What were the fcukers doing bringing him on for 4 minutes, indeed? Incompetence and stupidity both in equal measure, I'd say. And you know who suffers the most? Legia's fans.

They should be replaced by the next in line in their league. Not by a team they just battered over two legs. Or the next best team in the rankings or something. Anyone but fucking Celtic!!

Nothing at all wrong with whatever Celtic did. Does anyone think we'd have turned down CL footy in that scenario? I'd have been furious if we had.

Beşiktaş (TUR) v Arsenal (ENG)
Standard Liège (BEL) v Zenit (RUS)
København (DEN) v Leverkusen (GER)
LOSC Lille (FRA) v Porto (POR)
Napoli (ITA) v Athletic Bilbao (ESP)

Apparently the "offence" means that Celtic are awarded the match on a 3 0 scoreline which was what they needed to go through.

As Dave says, Legia are morons.

The worst of it is Legia also missed two penalties in that first leg. Just one would have ensured that the 3-0 given to Celtic meant nothing as they would still have lost on aggregate.

Celtic are cunts. The SPL are idiotic cunts too.

Didn't we launch a complaint when Spurs fielded an ineligible player in the next gen tournament? Or was it spurs who admitted it and bowed out?

Is there any suggestion that Celtic actually objected? I haven't seen it.

Article 14bis

Forfeit

1 A match is declared forfeit if a player who has been suspended following a
disciplinary decision participates in the match.
2 A match is also declared forfeit in application of Article 19(1) of these
regulations.
3 A match may be declared forfeit if a player who is ineligible under the regulations
of the competition concerned participates in the match, as long as the opposing
club files a protest.

I would assume UEFA are applying #1 here.

The worst of it is Legia also missed two penalties in that first leg. Just one would have ensured that the 3-0 given to Celtic meant nothing as they would still have lost on aggregate.

Celtic are cunts. The SPL are idiotic cunts too.

If it was us we'd have done the same thing, they did nothing wrong. It's no their fault that Legia are fuckwits. I'm sure the manager has been sacked already. Should be anyway.

Feel for Legia. They were the better team by far. Stupid mistake and the rules are clear.
Celtic cant be blamed for this at all.

hold on , any decision made should have nothing to do with celtic . Uefa should have their rules and it should be up to them to apply them . Which is what it sounds like they did .

anyway lets get celtic now and batter them !!

So why are Celtic cunts then? Or am I reading your post incorrectly?

They're cunts anyway for their behaviour in the Ranger's debacle but in this case if they had any honour they'd have not sought to take advantage. Or is that really asking too much ? That a club should behave with dignity ?

They were reinstated. What would you expect them to do? Do you think we or any other club would have done differently?

What did they do on Rangers?

Incidentally I couldnt give a fuck about Celtic or Rangers

What did they do on Rangers?

Actually it was both the SFA's and the SPL clubs' own fault (led by Celtic). The SFA offered the option to the clubs in the Scottish Premiership to vote on whether Rangers should be permitted to retain their status or be demoted to the lowest level. Pretty much out of spite they chose the later.
It is difficult to imagine a worse case of cutting your nose off to spite your face and the subsequent lack of income from matchdays vs a powerful Rangers team has not only hurt the SPL teams but pretty much destroyed the league as a competitive entity and it's attractiveness to Euro players on the up and looking for exposure. They are reaping exactly what they deserve for their shortsightedness.

Now the other SPL teams are suffering along with Rangers. Shortsighted spitefulness in the extreme. Idiotic in fact. They could have found other ways to punish them, such as points deductions on top of their fines etc. etc.

Anyway not that I give a shit about the SPL but it was incredible to see them rush headlong to their doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom