• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Playoffs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Neil Lennon was a bit out of order calling or implying that Rangers were cheats and asking them to be stripped of any titles because they went broke.

It's not like they ran up the debts on purpose like some nob with a stolen credit card, they were just badly run and in debt like a shit load of clubs. They got punished for it and that has allowed Celtic to have a free run at all domestic titles, not very classy to kick a club whilst their down even if they are massive rivals.

Well they did deliberately not pay taxes to get superior players which sounds a bit like cheating to me.

Well they did deliberately not pay taxes to get superior players which sounds a bit like cheating to me.

Premier League clubs made more than £150m profit yet paid less than £3m in corporation tax, according to analysis of their most recent accounts. This is an effective tax rate of 2 per cent.

Then everyone is cheating.

Probably. They are big businesses after all.

Not sure they all use Employment Benefit Trusts to pay their players though.

Fair enough, sounds like you know more than me about it.

I just don't like Neil Lennon and his tax avoidance schemes commenting like that, it's like a player asking the ref for a yellow card and kicking the clubs fans while. they're down simultaneously.

Was it not Rangers fault for not paying their taxes then?

Of course. But then, apart from the average man in the street, who does (pay as much as they should) ?

The point is/was that the SPL (led by Celtic) turfed Rangers out so that they could win more SPL titles and Scottish cups. It was incredibly short sighted and the Death Knell for the SPL.

Of course. But then, apart from the average man in the street, who does (pay as much as they should) ?

The point is/was that the SPL (led by Celtic) turfed Rangers out so that they could win more SPL titles and Scottish cups. It was incredibly short sighted and the Death Knell for the SPL.

If they done it properly it could have strengthened the SPL. If the money was split up more evenly among the other sides after the old firm had been destroyed for a few seasons it would have made it more competitive.

But they didn't do that.

Regardless of the Celtic/Rangers thing, I fail to see how Celtic can have any blame put on them for Warsaw (stupidly), playing an illegal player.

If they done it properly it could have strengthened the SPL. If the money was split up more evenly among the other sides after the old firm had been destroyed for a few seasons it would have made it more competitive.

But they didn't do that.

Which still wouldn't have replaced the income from the Ranger's matchdays (3-4 in the SPL at that time, I forget which). In addition to which as soon as Rangers were booted out the TV companies abandoned the SPL. The greed shown by the other SPL teams in blindly following Celtic's lead was beyond comprehension.

Which still wouldn't have replaced the income from the Ranger's matchdays (3-4 in the SPL at that time, I forget which). In addition to which as soon as Rangers were booted out the TV companies abandoned the SPL. The greed shown by the other SPL teams in blindly following Celtic's lead was beyond comprehension.

Either way, I don't know why people pay money to watch the SPL.

Regardless of the Celtic/Rangers thing, I fail to see how Celtic can have any blame put on them for Warsaw (stupidly), playing an illegal player.

Everywhere else I'm hearing that Celtic made an objection (which would correspond to sub-clause 3) of the relevant regulation I quoted above). I can't quote a source for that though so maybe that is accurate and maybe not.

Everywhere else I'm hearing that Celtic made an objection (which would correspond to sub-clause 3) of the relevant regulation I quoted above). I can't quote a source for that though so maybe that is accurate and maybe not.

So what?

They weren't the ones that did anything wrong, it was Warsaw. It was stupid of them to play that player, amateur really.

So what?

They weren't the ones that did anything wrong, it was Warsaw. It was stupid of them to play that player, amateur really.

So what isn't the point. It's the morality of it. Who knows who failed to register the player (or thought it wasn't necessary or that they had) fact is Legia didn't seek to gain any advantage from it. UEFA should look at this from it's true perspective .. as they did when including us in the CL despite the regulations.

Article 14bis

Forfeit

1 A match is declared forfeit if a player who has been suspended following a
disciplinary decision participates in the match.
2 A match is also declared forfeit in application of Article 19(1) of these
regulations.
3 A match may be declared forfeit if a player who is ineligible under the regulations
of the competition concerned participates in the match, as long as the opposing
club files a protest.

I would assume UEFA are applying #1 here.

Did you mean to say "UEFA are applying #3 here"?.

I presume they applied #1.

It's #3 I think. Player wasn't registered apparently.

Still, it's amateurish from Legia. Dot the i's and cross the t's.

So, Celtic just took what was given to them. Legia Warsaw are silly. But it is the rules.

I think it we good for Scottish football. Gave the other clubs a chance to get into Europe attract more players and catch up. Oh and some good draws in the CL

So what isn't the point. It's the morality of it. Who knows who failed to register the player (or thought it wasn't necessary or that they had) fact is Legia didn't seek to gain any advantage from it. UEFA should look at this from it's true perspective .. as they did when including us in the CL despite the regulations.

Rules are rules. I'd rather UEFA stuck to them.

Having said that, we all know that this is one of the few times they will do. It may not have happened if the more well known team was on the other end.

None of that is actually Celtic's fault though. Do you have a small agenda against them for some reason given what else you've brought up?

The oversight is even crazier when you see that he actually sat out the games during the previous round and for the first leg of this tie, but because he wasn't registered for the last round, he was considered to have served just one game of his three-game suspension.

Crazy shit really.

I imagine Celtic bring in a lot more money that Warsaw.

I doubt this would've been enforced if Celtic fielded the ineligible player after thrashing Warsaw, rather than the other way around.

Rules are rules. I'd rather UEFA stuck to them.

Having said that, we all know that this is one of the few times they will do. It may not have happened if the more well known team was on the other end.

None of that is actually Celtic's fault though. Do you have a small agenda against them for some reason given what else you've brought up?

Ha ha - yeah, they stole (OK started) YNWA as well !

It's #3 I think. Player wasn't registered apparently.

Still, it's amateurish from Legia. Dot the i's and cross the t's.

I thought it was because he hadn't served his suspension for a sending off in his final Europa League match last season.

Abderdeeen stocked with brazillians, cowdenbeath and stenhousmuir are heading for the champions league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom