• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Pots 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW POTS
* Team in play-offs. Should this team fail to qualify for the group stage the others below would move up a position. So for instance if FC Porto fail to qualify then Schalke would move into pot 1, and therefore Leverkusen into pot 2.​
Pot 1
Real Madrid​
Barcelona​
Bayern Munich​
Chelsea​
Benfica​
Atletico Madrid​
Arsenal *​
FC Porto *​
Pot 2
Schalke​
Borussia Dortmund​
Juventus​
Paris Saint-Germain​
Shakhtar Donetsk​
FC Basel​
Zenit St Petersburg *​
Man City​
Pot 3
Bayer Leverkusen *​
Olympiakos​
CSKA Moscow​
Ajax​
Napoli *​
Liverpool​
Sporting Lisbon​
Galatasaray​
Pot 4
TBA but Anderlecht, AS Roma and AS Monaco will feature.​

So The Group of Death for us would be

Real madrid
PSG
Liverpool
AS Roma

However I would happily take

FC Porto
Schalke
Liverpool
Anderlecht

I fear dortmund more than PSG personally. Plus I'd rather benfica than fc porto. But the rest I agree with.

If we get either Juve/Zenit & Roma - it literally will be the group of death.

Would not fancy an away trip to either of those.

If we get either Juve/Zenit & Roma - it literally will be the group of death.

Would not fancy an away trip to either of those.

Yeah - it would've quite a hike from Brisbane.

:)

We're going to have to beat all the big guns anyway on the way to the final.... why not get some of them out of the way early....bring it on!

Reactions: C/O
Nobody will want us but obviously a nice draw would be

Benfica
Basel
Liverpool
Cannon fodder

Whoever we get it'll be an achievement to get past the group stage. I'm not that arsed so long as we do well in the league.

It'll be a tough job to get out of the groups with us being in pot 3, we're likely to get 2 other top teams in there with us.
Hopefully we'll get a bit of luck with the team we draw from pot 2.

I wish they'd let teams opt out of being bunged into the Europa League because that will really be an unwelcome change to our season if it happens.

I reckon all those teams will be fearing us.

Yep, Real included. They've never even broken their duck against us, let alone beaten us. Likely as that might be to change next season, you can bet they'll be nervous at the prospect of a European night at Anfield and, if they are, how much more will the rest be?

I've never feared any team in the CL. We always held our own and got the results. More than ever, the type of football that we're playing will cause them problems. to be the best, we have to beat them all. Looking forward to an epic journey.

can we not anymore? Cos we definitely played them in the groups before haven't we?

They changed the rules to let us into the Champions league in 2006. We had to start in the first qualifying round, and we weren't considered an English team which allowed us to be placed in a group with Chelsea. It's unlikely something like that will ever happen again (as UEFA changed the rules so that the winner always gets to defend their title).

Group of death pffft....

Our reaction to this should be like when Rorschach was in prison...

tumblr_mt1vnrIOrm1shbh93o1_500.gif

So, fuck em. Bring it on.

i dont want an easy group or something...we are in CL because we want to play football, not hide away and expect small clubs. Anyways, we are not going to win CL in next season unless we are certain to go into administration after 3 years or more...so lets frrack them all whoever comes in our way

You know what? I don't overly care who we get to an extent. I just can't wait to hear that sweet sweet CL music ringing around Anfield on a Tues/Wed night.

The music is shite.

I love being in the CL, I love cl nights at Anfield, but everyone bangs on about the music. It's tosh, although it's linked to memories I love, it's still shite.

I've never feared any team in the CL. We always held our own and got the results. More than ever, the type of football that we're playing will cause them problems. to be the best, we have to beat them all. Looking forward to an epic journey.

With Rafa yes, but not really with GED. It's a different game in Europe, and it'll be interesting to see how the wee man manages the difference,

The music is shite.

I love being in the CL, I love cl nights at Anfield, but everyone bangs on about the music. It's tosh, although it's linked to memories I love, it's still shite.

Spot on. It isn't even properly original, but a nasty little alteration of a famous classical piece. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom