• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea Fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in no uncertain terms - he totally rimmed them !

Championship club Middlesbrough said they would challenge the "bizarre" and "ironic" request - which was set to be discussed at an FA meeting on Wednesday - "in the strongest possible terms".
Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson told the Athletic: "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.
"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.
"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?
"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."
Chelsea Supporters' Trust had earlier asked the club to withdraw the request, saying it "does not benefit" any fans.

So not much sympathy Chelsea then in general?
So Chelsea have now backtracked then anyway.

And in no uncertain terms - he totally rimmed them !

Championship club Middlesbrough said they would challenge the "bizarre" and "ironic" request - which was set to be discussed at an FA meeting on Wednesday - "in the strongest possible terms".
Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson told the Athletic: "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.
"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.
"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?
"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."
Chelsea Supporters' Trust had earlier asked the club to withdraw the request, saying it "does not benefit" any fans.
I think your definition of rimmed and mine.. don't match up.

The UK sports minister has emphasised the importance of the country’s close ties with Saudi Arabia as concerns about the Gulf Kingdom’s dismal human rights record raise awkward questions as to whether its Public Investment Fund (PIF) should have been allowed to buy Newcastle United.

Nigel Huddleston’s comments to the digital, culture, media and sport select committee on Tuesday may have offered Saudi Media, one of several companies reportedly interested in purchasing Chelsea, tacit encouragement.

Kai Havertz after his superb touch and finish gave Chelsea victory over Newcastle
Havertz avoids red card before striking late to give Chelsea win over Newcastle
Read more
“The UK’s relationship with Saudi Arabia is really important,” said Huddleston, who maintained the decision to allow PIF to purchase Newcastle was made solely by the Premier League and remained independent of a government he said was unafraid to serve as critical friends of their counterparts in Riyadh.

Maybe at some point the Premier League should look at some other billionaire owners and their record of crimes against humanity. Just a thought.

Yeah I read this. I know two Toon fans. One is my brother the other is a bezza and both are a little punch drunk. Both openly admit that it doesn’t sit well with them. I told my brother to never watch ‘The Dissident’ - He did and now hates me for it. My bezza is like “How can you quantify one shit owner for another? I know I’ll chart their substained abuse of human rights on the horizontal (not including anything before 1996 ) and the seemingly empty pockets without a care for financial gain on the vertical.. “ According to him Ashley was Looking good until it was pointed out that the child labour involved in his business was astonishingly high

. He’s now… “Fuck it… I’ll ride this gravy train until it no doubt implodes…. It’s all anarchy innit’

My mate is sound but maybe not the brightest bulb in the box.

I’d like to think I’d be all ‘I’m never supporting them as long those beadings continue…. But then there’s a part of me that says if Mbappe signs then maybe t.hose headless corpses deserved it. Never steal your neighbours chicken! (Or whatever it is they behead people for over there)

Last edited:
Struggling to get my head round how anyone at Chelsea thought this was a good idea

I mean…. It could be worse - they could have all the players wearing Roman Abromovich t-shirts during the warm up.

Chelsea get the best owners, it’s almost like they have their own definition of “fit and proper”

Chelsea get the best owners, it’s almost like they have their own definition of “fit and proper”

So either a state ownership which has a poor human rights record.

Or racist American owners.

Fit and proper is a joke isn't it?

Screenshot_20220316-190357_Twitter.jpg

When we were on sale from 2004 to 2008 at a price of around 200-300 million, the options were DIC, Gillette and Hicks, and later FSG. How come Chelsea at 1.5-2.5 billion appears to have buyers lining up within a week. Were we overpriced by 2004-2008 standards?

When we were on sale from 2004 to 2008 at a price of around 200-300 million, the options were DIC, Gillette and Hicks, and later FSG. How come Chelsea at 1.5-2.5 billion appears to have buyers lining up within a week. Were we overpriced by 2004-2008 standards?
London baby.. and football clubs are more of a status symbol to launder your money now.

Losing their best defender now as well.

There are three leaving this Summer : Rudiger was always going to go but Azpilicueta and Christensen will be on their way to Barca, via free transfers, it seems.

Silva, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho & Barkley's contracts all expire in 2023 and any one or more of them could hold out for frees, especially with the likelihood of less funds available for wages (Chelsea will need to spend, once sold, on recruiting defenders). Niguez's loan period ends this Summer.

There are three leaving this Summer : Rudiger was always going to go but Azpilicueta and Christensen will be on their way to Barca, via free transfers, it seems.

Silva, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho & Barkley's contracts all expire in 2023 and any one or more of them could hold out for frees, especially with the likelihood of less funds available for wages (Chelsea will need to spend, once sold, on recruiting defenders). Niguez's loan period ends this Summer.
Azpi isn't leaving I don't think. Apparently before it all kicked off they had the option to extending his contract for a year.

Has he played much football this season ?

They’ve been trying to sign that Kounde guy for a couple of years now, he’ll probably come in.

Thé FT is reporting that Chelsea’s parent company will be allowed to inject £30m cash into the club. This confirms to me that they had no cash when they were sanctioned (the company in question is the one they seem to borrow from).
This is, in m view, a relaxation of the sanctions and not an extension of their licence. The government has caved and clearly prizes the votes of Chelsea fans more than the lives of Ukrainians. [Climbs down off soap-box].
it also shows the extent of the mess their finances are in. Any new owner is going to have to plough 100s of millions in over the next few years before they get on an even keel - huge losses are baked in via transfer payments and wages, spending beyond their means. The fact they can be in this position and still pass FFP tells you all you need to know about the usefulness of FFP.
I suspect the sale process will lend itself more to another sportswasher rather than a legitimate investor. Anyone who has run the numbers will see the underlying issues and discount their offer accordingly, pricing themselves out of the process. Anyone who wants to just associate their grubby reputation with a major PL club won’t care what.it costs.

Thé FT is reporting that Chelsea’s parent company will be allowed to inject £30m cash into the club. This confirms to me that they had no cash when they were sanctioned (the company in question is the one they seem to borrow from).
This is, in m view, a relaxation of the sanctions and not an extension of their licence. The government has caved and clearly prizes the votes of Chelsea fans more than the lives of Ukrainians. [Climbs down off soap-box].
it also shows the extent of the mess their finances are in. Any new owner is going to have to plough 100s of millions in over the next few years before they get on an even keel - huge losses are baked in via transfer payments and wages, spending beyond their means. The fact they can be in this position and still pass FFP tells you all you need to know about the usefulness of FFP.
I suspect the sale process will lend itself more to another sportswasher rather than a legitimate investor. Anyone who has run the numbers will see the underlying issues and discount their offer accordingly, pricing themselves out of the process. Anyone who wants to just associate their grubby reputation with a major PL club won’t care what.it costs.
Spineless government. I’ll bet that money will go to the millionaire players and not the small caterers and the like they’ll owe.

Story going round that Putin will bid to hold Euro 2028 championship. Could be fake news but It's only a matter of time before Putin offers to buy Chelsea...fecking eejit..

"I will bid 10 trillion, zillion,twillion Roubles.."......that's only about 3 quid mate..

Story going round that Putin will bid to hold Euro 2028 championship. Could be fake news but It's only a matter of time before Putin offers to buy Chelsea...fecking eejit..

"I will bid 10 trillion, zillion,twillion Roubles.."......that's only about 3 quid mate..
Not realistic though is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom