• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea Fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH as long as they don't spend money with reckless abandon any more, i don't care who buys them.

Is one of them Ricketts?
A lot of Chavski (can I still call them that?) fans are against them.
I really don't understand that.

He's a racist, so are Chsea fans. Some may say that's a perfect fit, no?

Mike Ashley or the glazers would do
Glazers can't unless they dispose of utd and right now they're doing a great job there. Ashley might be a good shout but can't see him flittering away £2.5bn although he's bought some right shit in the past

Glazers can't unless they dispose of utd and right now they're doing a great job there. Ashley might be a good shout but can't see him flittering away £2.5bn although he's bought some right shit in the past

yea i wasn’t being serious but fingers crossed that’s the type of ownership they end up with

This is an evergreen photo:

FO8_6glWQAQKeV1

Fuck me... Russia actually tried to poison Abramovich.

It made me think. What is the real story here... He says" I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery."

On this I would say that he is giving up any money from the sale of Chelsea and walking away with nothing choosing instead to donate every penny to the people of the Ukraine...
What was not reported widely was that he seems to be selling up all his property he owns all over the world..,

Seems that he is doing this because he feels Putin has gone too far and is no better than the Nazi's

I don't think it was order but Putin that he does this, and the money used to support Putin's war. He seems to be doing the oppersite…
Surely Roman Abramovich must know by defying Putin he has sign his own death warrant

I don't know maybe he intents to trying a live out the rest of his life in Israel with what ever money he has from the sale of his other assets
After all Abramovich has been granted Israeli citizenship and his family are Jewish.

It would not surprise me if he turns up dead in the next two years or so. I think he knows this and is trying to make some sort of stand against Putin

[article]
The race to buy Chelsea is down to three candidates after the consortium led by the Ricketts family withdrew on Friday.

In a statement the group said: “The Ricketts-Griffin-Gilbert Group has decided, after careful consideration, not to submit a final bid for Chelsea FC. In the process of finalising their proposal, it became increasingly clear that certain issues could not be addressed given the unusual dynamics around the sales process. We have great admiration for Chelsea and its fans, and we wish the new owners well.”

[/article]

Chelsea sale thrown into doubt as Roman Abramovich demands £1.6bn loan be 'repaid'

[article]Roman Abramovich is considering a U-turn on his vow to write off Chelsea's £1.6bn debt as part of the club's sale, according to a report from The Times, despite the takeover appearing to be nearing a conclusion.

Club officials last week told the government that they they want to restructure the way the club is being sold, the report said, with a demand that the debt linked to parent company Fordstam is paid off to a Jersey-based company called Camberley International Investments.

Fordstam's latest accounts say that "Camberley International Investments Ltd provides funding to Fordstam Ltd and its subsidiaries as required to enable the Group to continue as a going concern." But it is unclear who has ultimate ownership of Camberley International Investments Ltd, a company established in August 2020

A spokeswoman for Abramovich has not replied to a request for comment. Neither has a government spokesman.

When the club was put for sale in early March Abramovich said in a statement that "I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid." He also said that any profits from a sale would go to victims of the war in Ukraine.

The latest development comes four days after it was revealed that the consortium led by American businessman Todd Boehly had entered exclusive talks with Chelsea over a deal that will break records for the sale of a sports team.

Two other shortlisted groups, fronted by former British Airways chairman Sir Martin Broughton and American Stephen Pagliuca, were informed that they were no longer being considered as viable next owners.

That news broke two hours after Britain's richest man S ir Jim Ratcliffe announced that he would table a bid to buy the club that would, in total, be worth more than £4bn. But the fact his offer arrived nine weeks into a process that was being handled by US merchant bank Raine Group raised eyebrows.

Ratcliffe spent the weekend meeting with stakeholders involved in Chelsea, including the supporters' trust, and could step in should the Boehly bid collapse.

A deal needs to be completed by the end of May, when the operating licence created by the government when Abramovich was sanctioned because of his links to Russia president Vladimir Putin is set to expire. Minister Nadine Dorries last week warned that the clock was ticking.[/article]

Never quite understood the economics of this deal.

The buyers are apparently paying £3bn for the club including the debt. They must also commit to £1.75bn for a new or revamped stadium over 10 years.

I guess the stadium will pay for itself with other loans but the £3bn goes into a suspense account because it is owed to Abramovich's companies who are sanctioned. The suggestion is that all or some of this cash goes to Ukraine charities or is seized by the Government.

Chelsea receive nothing as a club and the new owners must service the debt AND provide the capital to invest in the team because Chelsea have failed over many years to make profits to self-sustain their top 4 status.

These are investors not donors so I just don't get how this can work on the same scale as their fans are used to expect

They were fools to themselves for not going with the bid headed by Martin Broughton. Not only is he one smart, tough operator, as Hicks and Gillett found out to their cost in those dark days (I'd have found it harder to despise Chelsea if he'd become chairman), he's also a genuine long-time Chelsea fan.

They were fools to themselves for not going with the bid headed by Martin Broughton. Not only is he one smart, tough operator, as Hicks and Gillett found out to their cost in those dark days (I'd have found it harder to despise Chelsea if he'd become chairman), he's also a genuine long-time Chelsea fan.
Not to mention he'd have found some loophole to leave Roman calling it an 'Epic Swindle Part II'

Maybe time to rename the thread "Chelsea Dodgers"

Chelsea have agreed terms on the £4.25bn ($5.2bn) sale of the club to a consortium led by Todd Boehly, co-owner of the LA Dodgers baseball team.
The club was put up for sale before owner Roman Abramovich was sanctioned for his alleged links to Russian president Vladimir Putin following the invasion of Ukraine.
A Chelsea statement said the new owners will pay £2.5bn for the club's shares.
The proceeds will go into a frozen bank account to be donated to charity.

The consortium is led by Boehly but Clearlake Capital, a Californian private equity firm, would own a majority of the shares in Chelsea. Other investors include US billionaire Mark Walter, also a co-owner of the LA Dodgers, and Swiss billionaire Hansjoerg Wyss.
BBC Sport has learned the new owners have agreed to not sell a majority stake in the club until 2032 and have given assurances over dividends and debt.

The consortium said it will provide £1.75bn to invest in the Premier League club, including "investments in Stamford Bridge, the academy, the women's team and Kingsmeadow and continued funding for the Chelsea Foundation".
In the statement, Chelsea said the sale was expected to complete in late May. The takeover will require approval from the English football authorities and the UK government.
Chelsea are operating under a special licence from the UK government which ends on 31 May, but last month, Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries said the club were on "borrowed time" to complete the sale.
Any sale can only be signed off by the bidder passing the Premier League's owners' and directors' test.

Boehly, an American investor and businessman, has a reported net worth of $4.5bn (£3.6bn), according to Forbes.
He is a part owner of the Dodgers - a US baseball franchise - and US women's basketball outfit the Los Angeles Sparks, and owns a stake in the renowned LA Lakers NBA franchise.

His consortium also includes American PR executive Barbara Charone, British businessman Jonathan Goldstein and British journalist Daniel Finkelstein.
Other consortiums who had been in the running to buy Chelsea have been headed by Sir Martin Broughton and the co-owner of the Boston Celtics, Stephen Pagliuca, but they were told in late April that their bids were unsuccessful.
British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe - majority shareholder of chemical group Ineos - made a late offer, but it arrived on 29 April, several weeks beyond the initial deadline for bids of 18 March.
Ratcliffe's bid was dismissed but he said on 4 May that he was "not giving up".
On Thursday, Abramovich said he has not asked for his £1.5bn loan to Chelsea to be repaid when the club is sold.
A spokesperson said Abramovich "remains committed" to making sure the proceeds from the sale "go to good causes".

Is Chelsea still going to be a major player in the transfer market or is the money gone now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom