• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea (H) - 22 July 20:15 Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
The champions tour is coming home. The wait is over. Henderson will go full kit wanker to meet commercial obligations. The title will be lifted on the Kop.

I’ve no idea what Chelsea side will turn up but we are better than them. So I’m going conservative with a 4-0 win.

Hopefully, Alison and van Dijk pull their heads out of their arses for this one. Trent needs to find his crossing boots too.

Alison

Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Milner
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mané

It’s on Sky One, Pick, Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League.

Alisson Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson Fabinho Keita Jones Salah Minamino Mane

But we all know Bobby and Ox will start.

I’d forgotten about Keita. Easily done. I’ll change my team and put him in for Wijnaldum.

Yep. They’re gunning for CL footy whereas our lads will have one eye on lifting the trophy they’ve already won. No records left for play for.

I'm struggling to be arsed for this one, a bit like the players since they got enough points. As they were not arsed about going for records etc might aswell shut down the league for this season due to the Rona. The league is won, chelsea can get to fuck.

I'm struggling to be arsed for this one, a bit like the players since they got enough points. As they were not arsed about going for records etc might aswell shut down the league for this season due to the Rona. The league is won, chelsea can get to fuck.

Yeah, just want the game out the way before the trophy presentation an shit. I know it's not going to be the same without fans, but it'll still be a special moment and it seems the Club have done everything they can to try make it as real as possible.

If we go out all guns blazing we could do this 5-2 or similar. Lets GOOOOO

It will be boss whatever happens. Hendo will do the tippy tappy shift and then lift off!

We're gonna go for it like it's a cup final ourselves.

I reckon Klopp will tell them they need to prove they can lift that trophy with one more win, & I think they will do.

Pigs say stay at home.

[article]
The chief constable of Merseyside police has warned Liverpool fans that his officers “will take action” should crowds gather outside Anfield for the Premier League trophy presentation on Wednesday.

Jordan Henderson will receive the league title at a special ceremony on the Kop following Liverpool’s final home game against Chelsea. The club and local authorities are anxious to avoid a repeat of the scenes that greeted Liverpool’s confirmation as champions on 25 June, when thousands descended on Anfield to celebrate and police were forced to close roads around the stadium. Serious disturbances in the city centre on the Friday night resulted in 20 arrests.

Jürgen Klopp’s pre-match press conference on Tuesday was opened by the chief constable, Andy Cooke, who appealed for supporters to adhere to social-distancing measures while watching the ceremony and warned there will be consequences for those who flout the rules.

Cooke said: “We will have a full policing operation in place at the ground and surrounding areas tomorrow night and my officers will take action if people fail to adhere to social-distancing regulations and potentially put other members of the public at risk.

“Both the club and the city council have said there’ll be a celebration when it’s safe to do so. We understand the desire to celebrate and show the team our appreciation and have a massive party, but now is not the time for celebration. We’ve waited 30 years, so a few more months isn’t too much to ask.

“Too many people have lost their lives already, so please let’s work together to keep our families, friends and neighbours safe. Please listen to LFC, listen to Mr Klopp and the players, and trust them when they say that the celebration will come. That day really is not tomorrow.”

Klopp claimed the celebrations that followed Leeds’s promotion to the Premier League at the weekend – when one police officer was seriously injured and an estimated 7,000 fans gathered in the city centre – needed to be avoided in Liverpool on Wednesday.
The Liverpool manager said: “I understand it’s a tricky situation. People will probably say now after what happened with Leeds, which was a big success as well and congratulations to them, but you see the pictures from there and think: ‘Wow, that is strange.’ You don’t want to say it is completely wrong but it is wrong. We cannot excuse one wrong thing with another wrong thing, saying: ‘But they did it so we’ll do it.’ That’s not how we can do it.

“The situation is really different to all situations we have ever faced, longer back than the last 30 years, and I can promise we will have the party that everybody deserves at an appropriate time – pretty much the first possibility we will use it. But we can do it only if everybody behaves appropriately.

“In the stadium we are in a safe place so watch the pictures, it will be as emotional as possible, much more than we thought would have been possible a few months ago. Now we have it and we should do the right thing again. I can only ask you for exactly that.

“I understand it is a personal challenge but as a club we had bigger challenges in the past. Stay at home, celebrate there with your families or at a second house. Keep it in your mind that we will be together when it is possible again.”[/article]

I'm afraid Mr policeman is gonna get a shock cos there's fucking loads coming to L4. And if they have properly cordoned it off then all those same fans will head to town to do the exact same thing anyway.

Today is the day. 30 years of waiting. Premier League trophy covered in red ribbons, at Anfield, waiting for the Champions elect to finish their final home game of the season.

Guard of honour from Frank Lampard.

All i hope from the game is that we don't get embarrassed - no one needs to seem doom merchants on the day we finally win the league.

Dreamy, what do you mean by that? I don’t think you’ll see fireworks being fired at buildings during the celebrations.

I want to see hundreds of thousands in the street, on lamposts, pyro, flags, songs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom