• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet- There was a poll
Honorary Member
Liverpool name Fifa Club World Cup squad
Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Williams.

We are therefore leaving no senior players for the cup match with Villa even the young players I thought would feature aren't going to be available

It's almost a pity that Jones, Brewster, Elliott and Williams are in this squad as they would have been guaranteed game time against Villa.

So who does that leave for the cup?

Kelleher
Hoever VdB Larouci
Other players I've never heard of?

Jones, Elliott, Brewster, Lonergan and Williams should say to Klopp that they want to stay. It's pointless taking them overseas.

I’d imagine the young players plus Milner and maybe ox will play and fly out for the final

Eh, I see it as the kids being in the WCC squad but will stay behind to play the League cup game and join the team for the final, if we get there.
Would be strange otherwise.

Eh, I see it as the kids being in the WCC squad but will stay behind to play the League cup game and join the team for the final, if we get there.

That’s what it’ll be 100%

I don't think they can fly out later, I'm sure I read somewhere that the squad need to be in the country 4 days before the first match a bit like the Champions League where you have to arrive at least 24 hours before the game

I don't think they can fly out later, I'm sure I read somewhere that the squad need to be in the country 4 days before the first match a bit like the Champions League where you have to arrive at least 24 hours before the game

BBC says that the four younger lads will play the league cup and fly out after

BBC says that the four younger lads will play the league cup and fly out after
where are you reading that?
from the bbc...............

Liverpool have named a strong 23-man squad for the Fifa Club World Cup - which clashes with their Carabao Cup quarter-final at Aston Villa.
Eighteen of the 19 players named in Jurgen Klopp's two Premier League matchday squads over the past week will travel to Qatar.
Youngsters Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams have also been named in the party.
It means the quartet are set to miss the cup match at Villa.

Liverpool have named a strong 23-man squad for the Fifa Club World Cup - which clashes with their Carabao Cup quarter-final at Aston Villa.
Eighteen of the 19 players named in Jurgen Klopp's two Premier League matchday squads over the past week will travel to Qatar.
Youngsters Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams have also been named in the party.

Aha I read it wrong from another section that word it as clearly. Made it sound like they would do both.

Wtf, who’s playing in the league cup?

We are actually binning the League cup now. I hope the kids in the squad get to play the semi final in the WCC now.

It would seem the only players left that have played for the first team are:
Kelleher, Hoever, Van den Berg, Chirivella & Kane. I don't think Larouci and Lewis have

Liverpool name Fifa Club World Cup squad
Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Williams.
Notice the absence of Matip. He's gonna be out for a long while it seems.
Pity about Fabs too.

Notice the absence of Matip. He's gonna be out for a long while it seems.
Pity about Fabs too.

Just when Matip had won everyone over. He needs replacing in the squad with a cb who isn’t made of glass.

We are in the final or 3rd place play off.

This is our team from the last U23's game, a draw with Huudersfield:

Liverpool U23s: Atherton, Walls, Clayton, Boyes, Gallacher, Chirivella, Kane, Dixon-Bonner (Corness), Christie-Davies, Longstaff, Varesanovic.

And this was the game before vs Brighton:

Liverpool U23s: Winterbottom, Gallacher, Larouci, Van den Berg, Clayton, Chirivella, Elliott, Dixon-Bonner (Cain, 74), Longstaff (Varesanovic, 85), Christie-Davies (Clarkson, 80), Jones.

On a side note, this is a massive 'fuck you' to the league cup, as it should be. It's a pointless cup, with no financial reward or prestige any more. Should have the FA cup and fuck it off. No wonder they're always out begging for sponsors.

Just like I thought, Klopp's solution for this conundrum is pretty much a giant "fuck you" to the FA for putting us in this position with their scheduling. Liverpool is participating only on paper.

Just like I thought, Klopp's solution for this conundrum is pretty much a giant "fuck you" to the FA for putting us in this position with their scheduling. Liverpool is participating only on paper.
The FA are just going to tell us to go fuck ourselves if we don't get more teams on our side. If the big teams in England collectively tell the FA to reduce the amount of games, for example only playing one League cup semi final, they will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom