• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has the potential to be a shit show.

All matches on the same pitch & apparently it's been raining loads. In fucking Qatar. Where they don't get much rain, & pitches that presumably aren't designed to drain water that effectively to allow for consecutive matches.

This has the potential to be a shit show.

All matches on the same pitch & apparently it's been raining loads. In fucking Qatar. Where they don't get much rain, & pitches that presumably aren't designed to drain water that effectively to allow for consecutive matches.
They did that agreement with FIFA to pack those stadiums up and send then to poorer nations didnt they ? It was one of the official reasons why FIFA accepted their world cup bid along with the unnoficial.l reasons. Fuck me flat pack, IKEA like stadiums, have to wonder if they are safe.

Plastic pitches ?! We're going to be playing on plastic ?!! Oh do fuck off.
Well I haven't heard Klopp complain about the plastic pitch (yet) so maybe it's a sign that is not that bad. But yeah I think the general belief is that plastic pitches can cause more injuries... Maybe they are hopefully using a high grade plastic pouch, maybe the technology has advanced, I hope...

I think Van Dijk is being rested. Otherwise Klopp would have flown in Hoever.

McAteer: "That's why we didn't win the league.
Barnes: "I did win the league".

Well I haven't heard Klopp complain about the plastic pitch (yet) so maybe it's a sign that is not that bad. But yeah I think the general belief is that plastic pitches can cause more injuries... Maybe they are hopefully using a high grade plastic pouch, maybe the technology has advanced, I hope...

I just read on Wikipedia that both stadiums used in this tournament have grass surfaces, but that could be incorrect.

Saw the highlights of Monterrey's win, at whichever stadium that was played, and it looked to be a very high quality grass surface.

Hoever and Van den Berg have been added to the squad. They'll fly out after the Villa game.

I'm really struggling to give a shit about this Club World Cup thingy. Just want the players to come through the two games unscathed and be good to go against Leicester Boxing Day.

Yeah given a flying fuck about the club world cup.

I'd actually prefer the kids won at villa out of the two comps

Yeah given a flying fuck about the club world cup.

I'd actually prefer the kids won at villa out of the two comps

I don't get it. You don't want to be World Champions? A tournament we haven't won, yet our major rivals have and also Manchester United?

I want to win it and get it up on the wall. I want it to be part of our quadruple or quintuple or sextuple or whatever the ridiculous number of trophies we are going to win this year is.

I don't just want to know in my head we're the best team in the world. I want proof.

It seems like it's a bigger deal for the players than many of the fans. One of the Neville cunt-brothers were saying as much recently. It's also like to become more and more prestigious so having our name up on the board would be pretty cool.

Personally, I'm loving the fact that most people agree that we're probably the best club team in the world right now. It would be nice to cement that with the appropriate title.

That’s very true plus at a club as successful as us and with such a long history of winning things, not many players yet to say they were the first.

Even if we win the league it’s no 19 not no 1.

But winning this tournament will be an achievement this set of players and Klopp can look on with pride.

It’s also another opportunity for us fans to beat our cheat and piss off everyone else in the process.

The unbearables indeed!!

Everyone in football is saying that long term this competition is gong to be as big as the champions league.

Think about it like real Madrid winning the European Cup repeatedly playing shite teams when it wasn't even really the European Cup.

Then it starts to make a little more sense.

Everyone in football is saying that long term this competition is gong to be as big as the champions league.

Think about it like real Madrid winning the European Cup repeatedly playing shite teams when it wasn't even really the European Cup.

Then it starts to make a little more sense.
Based off?

A few journos have said it's being opened up to more teams in the coming years, big sponsors lined up, & much much bigger prize money.

Haven't looked into it myself, but I've heard the same thing said a few times now on shows & podcasts.

It seems like it's a bigger deal for the players than many of the fans. One of the Neville cunt-brothers were saying as much recently. It's also like to become more and more prestigious so having our name up on the board would be pretty cool.

Personally, I'm loving the fact that most people agree that we're probably the best club team in the world right now. It would be nice to cement that with the appropriate title.
I know I said exactly this recently. It's like when the European Cup started and gave Real a 5 win head-start on everyone else. You know FIFA want to make this the global equivalent.

Isn't it meant to be going to a once every 4 year format, with the CL winners from each of the preceding 4 seasons participating?

I thought I'd read that we had already qualified for the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom