• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Summer Transfers 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude 'the only one' Bellingham to Madrid for £88m. Confirmed by Dortmund, we are cunts
AliMac will be lifting at least 2 trophies next season whilst Jude will be taking his place on Madrid’s bench next to Vazquez and Lunin watching on as they get beat in the CL final to…..

Imo Jude turned us down

i dunno. I can see klopp looking how this shitshow season panned out, and realising we needed a fair few players. 80m (not including wages) on one limits us drastically in the market. for 100m there's every chance we could get kone, ali mac and thuram. That sorts us out for a close to a decade in 3 positions

i dunno. I can see klopp looking how this shitshow season panned out, and realising we needed a fair few players. 80m (not including wages) on one limits us drastically in the market. for 100m there's every chance we could get kone, ali mac and thuram. That sorts us out for a close to a decade in 3 positions

If they all work out and stay injury free.

Obviously that's the risk. 3 players being injured is usually less of a risk than 1 player being injured.

I like the idea of us buying three midfielders because two of them will probably work out. Since they are young, we can fuck one off with some minimal risk, as long as we keep moving along and there isn't an injury. This is the thing I don't like about a position being "sorted." A position is almost never sorted, not as far as the medium/long term of the club.

And for a decade? Never.

But then again, everyone seems to know these players. I've never seen any of them play at all. Never heard of any of them. I'll have an idea of how sorted we are about 10 games in. Honestly, it's one of the most fun things in football, I think, realizing that we got it very right. Distant second to just winning.

I’m not sure we’ll ever know 100% but Klopp did make noises to suggest what you’re saying is true and i find him very honest. I just get the impression that around that time Jude gave some indication that he wasn’t coming to Liverpool or was open to other offers and that’s what prompted our diversion from the Bellingham or nobody strategy.

We were giving off basket case vibes at the time, possibly up for sale, staff leaving every other week, playing badly and no champions league. Not a good look to new recruits with options.

I like the idea of us buying three midfielders because two of them will probably work out. Since they are young, we can fuck one off with some minimal risk, as long as we keep moving along and there isn't an injury. This is the thing I don't like about a position being "sorted." A position is almost never sorted, not as far as the medium/long term of the club.

And for a decade? Never.

But then again, everyone seems to know these players. I've never seen any of them play at all. Never heard of any of them. I'll have an idea of how sorted we are about 10 games in. Honestly, it's one of the most fun things in football, I think, realizing that we got it very right. Distant second to just winning.

Over the next 10 years you'd expect them to pick up injuries. Ideally we just need to make sure we have capable backups, which for the longest time we've not really had in midfield. The hope is they'd be fit for 90%+ of a season.

I also hugely agree with your 2nd point. Thats why i get excited for transfers, because it's the unknown. You could watch a player for years play for a different team; doesn't mean they'll work for you. It's the uncertainty i love.

"Naby is a technically gifted and ... is dangerous in front of goal and can also provide assists too."

A decade? On this forum there'll be demands we sell 1-2 of them next year !

Ansgar Knauff to Frankfurt from Dortmund for €4-5m plus add-ons.

Last edited:
Ansgar Knauff to Frankfurt from Dortmund for €4-5m plus add-ons.

PinkyandtheBrain.Pinky.png

Finally a JWP link... though having been linked to Thuram, Kone and Viega, this now feels underwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom