• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

5503960-christian-poulsen-overvejer-landsholdet.jpg

Christian Poulsen - Ajax (free transfer)

2 yr contract until 2014.

Translated article:

Ajax have reached agreement with Christian Bager Poulsen. The agreement is subject to administrative and medical processing. The transfer free player then draws a contract in Amsterdam with a duration of two years, until 30 June 2014.

Poulsen was born on February 28, 1980 in Asnæs, Denmark. Last season, played defensive midfielder for the French Evian Thonon Gaillard FC. Previously, the former Danish international asset for Liverpool FC, ​​Juventus FC, ​​Sevilla FC, ​​FC Schalke 04 and FC Copenhagen.

"We are very pleased with his choice to come and play with Ajax, for he could to several clubs in Europe'', explains Ajax's director of football affairs Marc Overmars from. ,, Midfielder Christian Poulsen is the type that corrects and keeps sharp bunch. A leader, both inside and outside the field. And that we can help our young group of good use. '

Overmars:,, He's just in Denmark but yesterday he was here with his wife. I have the facilities at our training facility Future show and of course the ArenA. They have also been in and around Amsterdam looked at houses and visited a school. "

, Poulsen has in recent years a lot of experience gained at international level, both clubs in the big leagues and tournaments on multiple end with the Danish national team, where he played almost 100 matches and was often captain. He has already thanked the Danish union, to take 100% of the club football to focus. That is also an advantage for Ajax. "

'The coming days will be handled everything and it is intended that he as soon as possible to the group adds. "

bnbYPssj_G.jpg

Michael Krohn-Dehli - Celta Vigo(€1million)

Promoted Celta Vigo have signed Denmark winger Michael Krohn-Dehli, the La Liga club said in a statement on Wednesday without giving any further details.

The 29-year-old international scored two goals at Euro 2012 including the one that gave Denmark a surprise 1-0 win over World Cup finalists the Netherlands in their group opener.

Krohn-Dehli, who is to be presented later in the day, moves from Brondby and has had two unsuccessful spells with Ajax Amsterdam.

Celta opened their La Liga campaign with a 1-0 home defeat to Malaga last weekend.

article-0-14ACF8ED000005DC-174_306x423.jpg

Steven Fletcher - Sunderland (£12 million)

Sunderland have completed the signing of striker Steven Fletcher from Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old has signed a four-year deal on Wearside and goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home opener against Reading.

He becomes Martin O’Neill’s third signing of the summer following the acquisitions of Carlos Cuellar and Louis Saha.

O’Neill told safc.com: “It has been no secret that we needed to strengthen our attacking options and Steven has a proven track record of scoring goals.

“He is young and constantly improving and he will be a very welcome addition to the squad. I’m delighted that we’ve been able to bring him to Sunderland.”

The Scottish international began his career with Hibernian, scoring 52 goals in 189 appearances.

He joined Burnley – then newly-promoted to the Barclays Premier League – in June 2009, notching eight goals in his only season at Turf Moor.

Fletcher’s displays in the top flight earned him a move to Wolves, where he truly established himself as a deadly marksman at the highest level.

He scored 12 goals in each of the last two campaigns, leading the Molineux club’s goalscoring charts each time – a total of 24 goals in just 45 starts and a further 23 substitute appearances.

Fletcher also scored in two of his last three appearances against Sunderland, including a double at Molineux last season.

0,,10268~11154367,00.jpg

Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea (£7 million)

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Cesar Azpilicueta.

The 22-year-old right-back, who recently represented Spain at the London Olympics, arrives at Stamford Bridge following a two-year spell in France's Ligue 1 with Marseille.

Born on 28 August 1989 in Pamplona, Navarre, he began his career at the academy of his hometown club, Osasuna.

Having started out as an attacking midfielder, Azpilicueta is comfortable in possession with a good range of passing.

Having come through the ranks at Osasuna, Azpilicueta was handed his La Liga debut on 8 April 2007 against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

The following season, with Osasuna depleted by injuries, the youngster featured regularly and cemented his place in the team at right-back with a string of impressive displays, while the 2008/09 campaign saw him miss only two games.

In June 2010, Azpilicueta made the switch from Spain to France, signing a four-year deal with Marseille.

The youngster, however, endured a difficult opening to his career at the club suffering a knee injury which ruled him out for his first season.

Following the disappointment of the previous campaign, the 2011/12 season - with both the European Championships and Olympics on the horizon - was always going to be a big one for the young Spaniard.

He flourished, performing consistently well and catching the eye as Marseille reached the Champions League quarter-finals, eventually eliminated by beaten finalists Bayern Munich.

At international level, he has represented Spain since earning a call-up to the Under 16s in 2005, and was part of the Under 19 side which won the European Championships back in 2007, as well as the Under 21s who tasted success in the same competition in 2011.

He becomes the fourth Spaniard at Stamford Bridge, linking up with fellow countrymen Juan Mata, Oriol Romeu and Fernando Torres.

PAZZ1.jpg

Giampaolo Pazzini - AC Milan (Antonio Cassano + €7m)

AC Milan have confirmed that they have completed a swap deal Wednesday with Inter Milan involving Italy forwards Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini.

Cassano, 30, was at training with Inter and Pazzini, 28, with Milan on Wednesday morning and, following successful medicals, the Rossoneri announced the news on their official website.

A statement read: "AC Milan announces that it has acquired outright from FC Internazionale Giampaolo Pazzini and simultaneously has sold Antonio Cassano outright to FC Internazionale."

It is believed that Milan have paid Inter a fee in the region of €7 million as part of the deal, which came to pass after Cassano had grown disenchanted with the club after seeing the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva depart.

Inter welcomed their newest signing with a brief message on their own site. It read: "Today is the first day of Antonio Cassano's adventure at Inter. This morning the striker arrived at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti, where Andrea Stramaccioni and captain Javier Zanetti were waiting to welcome him."

Pazzini's new teammate, and long-term friend, Riccardo Montolivo was full of praise on Tuesday for his side's capture of the striker.

"As a person he is splendid and we have been friends for many years," he told Milan Channel. "Together we won the Coppa Italia Primavera with the Atalanta youth team, playing together for that club, at Fiorentina, in the Under-21 Italy side and for la Nazionale.

"It's wonderful to meet up here, at the club with the most trophies in the world, especially as I feel our squad is missing a player exactly like him."

0,,12562~11152581,00.jpg

Matt Jarvis - West Ham (£11 million)

West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of England international winger Matt Jarvis from Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee.

Jarvis becomes West Ham's club-record signing after agreeing a contract until 2017 - with an option for a further year - and could be in line to make his first appearance in claret and blue in Saturday's game at Swansea City. The 26-year-old leaves Wolves after five successful years that saw him earn his first England cap and be named Wolves' Player of the Year in 2011.

Jarvis' career began at Gillingham, where he made his debut in 2003 at the age of 17. He went on to make over 100 appearances for the Gills and he was named in the League One Team of the Year in 2006/07.

He moved to Wolves in June 2007 for an undisclosed fee and helped the club to gain promotion to the Premier League the following season. Jarvis' first game in England's top-flight was against the Hammers and he quickly made his mark in the Premier League with a number of eye-catching displays.

Jarvis, a quick and tricky winger capable of operating on either flank, continued to excel and in the 2010/11 season he was named Wolves' Supporters' Player of the Season and Players' Player of the Season.

It was in March 2011 that Jarvis made his first appearance for England in a 1-1 draw with Ghana at Wembley after being called up by then-manager Fabio Capello. Last season, Jarvis was the most prolific and accurate crosser in the top flight, firing over 218 and finding a team-mate 56 times. He also scored eight goals - his highest single-season tally.

Jarvis, who will wear the No7 shirt, is happy to have finally joined West Ham after being courted by a number of top-flight teams this summer.

He said: "I'm delighted to have signed. It's a fantastic club and I'm pleased to be here. It's a great club and it's got great history and tradition. I know about Bobby Moore and the history and tradition that go with that.

"I'll be playing with some fantastic players and it'll be great to get into training and I'm looking forward to playing with them. Hopefully I will add a bit of pace, crossing and deliveries that will provide some assists."

Jarvis is set to join up with his new team-mates at Chadwell Heath on Friday morning before travelling to Wales ahead of Saturday's mouth-watering clash.

"I've been told about how good the fans are hopefully they'll get behind me and I can show them what I can do.

"It'll be straight in and hit the ground running. There's no time to think about it, you've just got to get on with it, which is good. I hope to train with the team today and then travel up to Swansea."

Jarvis' new manager Sam Allardyce was understandably pleased to have secured the services of the wideman. He said. "From my point of view it is a big piece of business for a terrific young man who will add a lot of quality to our team.

"Certainly from an attacking sense he is one of the best final-third crossers in the Premier League and his stats were very good at Wolverhampton Wanderers. He delivers in the business end of the field and creates a lot of chances and is a player that can give opposition defences an awful lot of trouble. We are hoping he will produce that for us."

0,,10335~11146841,00.jpg

Matthew Connolly - Cardiff

Cardiff City are pleased to announce that Matthew Connolly has joined the Club from Queen's Park Rangers, following the completion of his medical and paperwork on Wednesday morning.

Defender Matthew - who is comfortable playing anywhere across the back four - joins on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee. He is expected to link up with his new team-mates on Thursday as the squad prepares for Saturday's visit to Bristol City.

A former Arsenal youngster, 24 year-old Matthew signed for Rangers in 2008 after impressive loan spells at Bournemouth and Colchester. He featured prominently in QPR's 2010/11 Championship promotion season, before joining Reading on loan towards the end of the 2011/12 campaign and helping them to the top flight.

0,,10335~11153452,00.jpg

Tommy Smith - Cardiff (£300k)

Cardiff City Football Club are pleased to announce that the deal to bring Tommy Smith to the club from Queens Park Rangers has been completed this morning.

Tommy has signed a two year deal for an undisclosed fee and will be available for selection for the match against Bristol City on Saturday, along with fellow newcomer Matthew Connolly who also signed from QPR this week. Matthew will take squad number twelve, while Tommy will be wearing number fourteen this season.

Alvaro-Pereira-495x329.jpg

Alvaro Pereira - Inter Milan (£8m)

Inter have completed the signing of Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira from Porto.

Porto confirmed the deal to the Portuguese stock market on Thursday, revealing they had reached agreement with the Italian giants on a €10million (£8m) deal.

Pereira has long been linked with a move away from Porto and was close to joining Chelsea last summer.

The valuation of the 26-year-old left-back has come down since then, although the fee paid by Inter could still rise to as much as €15m (£12m) depending on his appearances for the Nerazzurri.

Pereira joined Porto in 2009 and was part of the team that won the Europa League in 2011 as well as that year's Copa America with Uruguay.

Alvaro Pereira landed at Milano Malpensa airport a few minutes ago along with Nerazzurri technical director Marco Branca. He was immediately surrounded by a host of journalists who wanted to meet him and introduce him to their readers.

The Uruguayan left-sider spoke of his joy at being in Italy: "Inter is a dream: you just cannot imagine how much this club is loved and supported abroad. Inter is every player's dream and even more so in South America. I'm happy. The thought of playing for Inter is simply amazing. I can't wait to get the medical over so I can join the squad."

It was pointed out to Pereira that his name is Alvaro just like a certain Mr Recoba: "I have always watched Alvaro Recoba playing," he said smiling,"I've always followed his career."

No sooner had he arrived than he made his intentions clear: "Let's hope we can win a lot of trophies so we can make the Inter fans happy. I'll team up with Gargano and Guarin, fortunately I have these friends here who will help me settle in with the rest of the squad quickly. Where do I prefer to play? What's important now is being at Inter and meeting my team-mates. What have Guarin and Gargano told me? That Inter is a fantastic club."

Andrea Stramaccioni has voiced his delight with Inter's capture of Alvaro Pereira from Porto, and has thanked the club's general and sporting directors for their hard work this summer.

The Uruguay international, 26, completed his move to the Nerazzurri on Thursday and is expected to be presented to the press before the start of the season, much to the satisfaction of Stramaccioni.

"I would like to thank Marco Branca and Piero Ausilio for their hard work. The technical director has been in Portugal for the last 48 hours and has come back with the player we wanted, Alvaro Pereira," the young coach said to Inter Channel.

"I thank them because they, along with the president, have granted my wishes.

"A new Inter side is being created with a very clear vision. The president, coach and directors all share that. We've only brought in players who can help this project."

A0_b8i6CQAEE8AK.jpg:large

Walter Gargano - Inter Milan (loan with option to buy)

F.C. Internazionale would like to welcome Walter Gargano to the club. All of the documentation regarding the loan deal for the SSC Napoli player has been handed in to Lega Serie A, with Inter having an option to make the deal permanent.

The player has a signed a four-year contract.

Born in Paysandú, Uruguay on 23 July 1984, Gargano made his debut with Danubio, going on to win 2 Uruguayan league titles in 2004 and 2007. Last season he lifted the Coppa Italia with Napoli. He has 44 caps and one goal for the Uruguay national team.

Italian giants Inter have confirmed that they have signed Walter Gargano from Serie A rivals Napoli.

The 28-year-old has joined the club on a loan deal from the Azzurri, with the Beneamata having the option to sign him outright next summer.

The midfielder has agreed a four-year deal with the San Siro outfit.

Inter haven’t revealed the cost of the operation, but it is believed that he has been netted on loan for €1.5m. His buy-out has been set at €5m.

4077148.jpg

Ki Sung-Yueng - Swansea (£5.5m)

Swansea City have today completed the club record transfer of midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng from Celtic for an undisclosed fee, subject to a work permit and international clearance.

The South Korean international has signed a three-year contract after completing his medical and relevant paperwork at the Liberty today.

The 23-year-old, who becomes the most expensive footballer in South Korean history, won’t be part of Michael Laudrup’s squad for Saturday’s Premier League clash with West Ham United, although he will watch on from the stands.

Ki, who scored the final penalty in the Olympic quarter-final shootout against Team GB before helping his nation to a bronze medal, said his move to Swansea was an easy decision to make.

“When I look at Swansea I see a club that is growing and growing, and the style here is very attractive to me,” he said.

“Last year I watched them a lot in the Premier League and they did things very differently to a lot of the other teams. They wanted to keep the ball and pass it around, which I love to do. When they didn’t have the ball they worked so hard to get it back quickly.

“It was very impressive, and I think I can grow as a player here and help the club move forward.

“The manager is another big attraction. I remember watching him when I was younger and I was amazed by how good he was.

“Now I want to learn from him in order to help me become a better player. I learned a lot at Celtic – it helped me become more of an all-round player.

“This is something I have dreamt about since I was a child – playing in the Premier League against the best players in the world. I can’t wait to play my first game.”

While Ki looks forward to his first Swans appearance, possibly in the Capital One Cup match against Barnsley on Tuesday, he has already experienced the Liberty roar having featured in the Celtic side that went down 2-0

And he is looking forward to feeling the full force of the Jack Army in Saturday’s first home league match against the Hammers.
Looking out onto the pitch, he reflected: “I remember playing here for Celtic and the fans here made a lot of noise. This is a lovely stadium.

“I can’t wait to get out there and be a part of the team. But first I will enjoy watching the game on Saturday.”

Ki started his career at FC Seoul after spending four years in Australia, and was named the Asian Young Footballer of the Year in 2009.

He caught the attention of a number of top clubs in Europe, and eventually joined Celtic in January 2010.

While at the Hoops, Ki was named man-of-the-match after scoring in the 2011 Scottish Cup final win over Motherwell before helping them to the league title earlier this year.

Named the Korean FA’s footballer of the year in 2011, he starred in his nation’s third-place finish in the London Olympics, where he played against new team-mates Neil Taylor and Scott Sinclair.

Swansea City chairman, Huw Jenkins, said: “Having lost Joe Allen recently, it was vital that we invested the money wisely by bringing quality young footballers into the club with potential to grow further.

“Ki fulfils that criteria and everyone in the football club is excited about the prospect of him playing and developing with us.

“His tactical awareness and quality has been there for everyone to see, especially playing for his country, and he is well suited to our style of football.

“He has a good educational background behind him from his time in Australia and the few years he has spent at Celtic will make it easier for him to settle quickly and become accustomed to life over here.

“I know he is looking forward to the challenge of playing for the club and Premier League football. We see him as the perfect fit for Swansea City.”

Aly-Cissokho-single.jpg

Aly Cissokho - Valenci (€6m)

Valencia CF and Olympique Lyonnais have reached an agreement for the transfer of French international Aly Cissokho on a four-year deal. The transfer is subject to the player passing the relevant medical examination.

Braulio Vázquez, Valencia CF Sporting Director:

Aly is a player with vast international experience that belies his youth. He has played for the French national team and has participated in high-level games in competitions such as the Champions League. Cissokho is physically powerful, very strong defensively and someone who will increase the competitiveness of of the team -especially on the left side. With him and Mathieu , we have the position extremely well covered. This latest signing completes a very strong squad in all aspects, which excites us immensely. We have a lot of quality in every position and can approach the current season with plenty of optimism -both that the fans will enjoy watching us play and that we can achieve great things in this campaign."

Decent price for Aly Cissokho. Highly rated at one stage. Valencia did lose Jordi Alba for half nothing to Barca though.

Oh i thought they got him for 12 million euro which would have been a right bargain for Spain left back for the next 8-10 years.

14 is still good value. Alba looked a class act.

The Sunderland fans are so excited by the signings of Fletcher and Johnson, they flogged to the website and it crushed. Good signings by O'Neill.

article-2193250-14AE4C29000005DC-914_468x3221.jpg

Adam Johnson - Sunderland (£10m)

SUNDERLAND have beaten off competition from Spurs to sign £10m Adam Johnson in a stunning transfer coup.

The Black Cats capped a day of frantic transfer activity on Wearside – which began with the confirmation of Steven Fletcher's £12m move from Wolves – by announcing Johnson's arrival from Manchester City.

The Easington-born England winger opted to join his boyhood heroes rather than move to White Hart Lane, despite Spurs being able to offer him European football.

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill had played his cards close to his chest where Johnson was concerned, but finally confirmed his interest in the 25-year-old yesterday.

Sunderland had already agreed the fee – which was officially undisclosed – with City, and after a meeting with Johnson's agent at the Academy of Light, O'Neill was able to put the finishing touches to the deal while the player underwent a medical.

The move was finalised after the noon deadline for Johnson to be involved in today's home game against Reading today, but he could make his debut at the Stadium of Light in Tuesday's Capital One Cup second round tie against Morecambe.

O'Neill said: “Adding quality players to the squad has been our main aim this summer and Adam certainly fits that bill.

“He has terrific ability, great delivery and I’m sure he is a player who will excite our fans. I couldn’t be more delighted to have him at the football club.”

0,,1~11154163,00.jpg

Ishmael Miller - Middlesbrough (loan)

STRIKER Ishmael Miller is delighted to be reunited with Tony Mowbray after joining Boro on a season's loan from Nottingham Forest this afternoon.

The powerfully-built 25-year-old renews a successful acquaintance with Mowbray, having enjoyed the most successful spell of his career to date when the Boro manager was his boss at West Brom.

Miller, who is 6ft 3ins tall, began his career with hometown club Manchester City but his career took off after he joined up with Mowbray on loan at The Hawthorns in July 2007. He scored seven goals in 21 league games and was called into the England U-21squad.

His form led to a move to the Baggies on a permanent basis for £1.4m in the January transfer window that season and now he's hoping to repeat that success with Boro.

"I'm very happy and excited to be reunited with Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus," Miller told mfc.co.uk this afternoon.

"Tony gave me my first shot of playing regular first-team football and I will always be grateful to him for that.

"Playing for Tony was the best time of my career so far."

Miller spent 14 months on the sidelines with a cruciate knee ligament injury sustained after a clash with Portsmouth goalkeeper David James in December 2008. He later went on loan to Queens Park Rangers, helping Neil Warnock's side win the Championship title.

He moved on to Forest for an initial fee of £1.2m in August 2011 and he scored four goals in 13 starts for the Midlands club last season.

"I have had a few injuries but hopefully they are now all behind me. I'm feeling great and feeling strong," Miller said.

"I'm just relishing the opportunity to play for Boro. I was excited when I heard Tony Mowbray was interested in me. I had a few different options, but Tony knows what I can do and I really enjoy working with him.

"I like the style of football his teams play and he also made me a better player. I would have liked to work with him for longer and now I have that opportunity.

"I had ups and downs with Forest but I am very grateful to them. They are a massive club with a great fan base and wish them all the best.

"Tony Mowbray is clearly stamping his own authority on the team and hopefully I can show the fans what I can do."

N0155421345745728713A.jpg

Victor Moses - Chelsea (£9m)

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic.

The 21-year-old winger's last appearance in Wigan colours came in Chelsea's 2-0 win at the DW Stadium last weekend, when he caught the eye with his strong running out wide.

The Nigerian international is a product of the Crystal Palace youth academy and made his first team debut in late 2007.

After establishing himself with the Championship side, Moses transferred to Wigan at the end of January 2010 and quickly settled into life in the Barclays Premier League.

In total he played 74 league games for the Latics, following 58 for Crystal Palace.

At international level, Moses appeared for England from schoolboy up to Under 21, but has opted to represent Nigeria at senior level, and made his debut in February against Rwanda.

Chelsea have paid Wigan £9m to sign the 21-year-old forward, who completed a medical on Friday evening.

Moses departs Wigan having scored nine goals in 80 appearances for the club. His final game as a Wigan player came in the weekend's defeat to his new employers.

Prior to confirming the signing of Moses, Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo said: "(Wigan manager) Roberto Martinez has done a wonderful job with this player since signing him. He's really developed him.

"He had a very good season last year and hopefully we can progress his development.

"He can play on either wing and will give the team width. He has good dribbling ability, has pace and is powerful.

"We've tried very hard to get this player. We like him very much. He's young and hopefully he'll be the future of the club."

tettey-norwich-4-3132-333392_478x359.jpg

Alexander Tettey - Norwich (€ 1.25 million)

City can confirm the signing of Norwegian International Alexander Tettey from French side Rennes on a two-year deal, with the Club having an option for a further year.

Joining for an undisclosed fee subject to international clearance, the 26-year old defensive midfielder arrives as Chris Hughton's seventh signing of the summer, ending a three-year spell in the French Ligue 1 with Rennes.

Tettey made a total of 82 appearances in all competitions for 'Les Rouges et Noirs' including 10 appearances in the UEFA Europa League last season.

International clearance will not be received before tomorrow's game with QPR, although Tettey will be present at the match.

On his arrival, Chris Hughton said: "I’m delighted to have Alexander on board and I firmly believe he will be a valuable asset for us.

“He’s a very good player with international experience, and he’s at a good age for us."

Although born in Accra, Ghana, Tettey is a naturalised citizen of Norway and started his career at the country's most successful team Rosenborg, with 22 league titles to their name. Tettey joined the club in 2003 and eventually went on to captain the side in the absence of club legend Roar Strand.

The Norwegian international spent six years with 'The Troll Kids'. He made his senior debut in 2007 and went on to amass 89 appearances, including 12 in the UEFA Champions League, before leaving for Rennes in 2009. He also scored an impressive 12 goals from the heart of midfield.

Tettey has represented Norway at under-18, 19 and 21 levels and has 14 caps in total for the Norwegian national side. His first appearance came in the Drillos' 2-1 win over Argentina in August 2007.

24206.jpg

Jean Il Makoun - Rennes (loan)

Aston Villa midfielder Jean Il Makoun has joined Ligue 1 outfit Rennes on a season-long loan.

The Cameroon international failed to secure a UK work permit for the coming campaign and has been forced into a second spell away from the Midlands club.

The 29-year old made 35 appearances on loan at Greek side Olympiakos last season, after being deemed surplus to requirements by then-manager Alex McLeish.

And Rennes boss Pierre Dreossi has hailed Makoun's arrival, telling the club's official website: "We were looking for an experienced midfielder. I know him very well because I signed him when I was at Lille."

98416114973033560792.jpg

Angelo Henriquez - Man Utd (£3 million)

Angelo Henriquez will be the fifth and final summer signing for Manchester United, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The exciting Chilean striker has said his farewells at Universidad de Chile and is due to finalise his dream switch to Old Trafford in the next few days. Sir Alex has been impressed with the teenager's development after monitoring his progress for a few years.

"Henriquez is on his way back to Manchester and he should be here on Sunday," declared the boss. "He had to go back to Chile after he got the work permit on Tuesday. We've had an option [on him] since he was 14 when he played against our youth team.

"He came over when he was 15 and then 16. We kept in close contact with him in that respect and, when he got to 18, it was a matter of whether or not we left him for another year or brought him in. But he had such a good summer with Chile's Under-20s, that we thought it wasn't worth waiting. We may as well do it now. That took away a lot of interest from other clubs. We had the option on him, but options only last so long and we decided to take him in. He’s quick and a good finisher and he has a terrific physique for a boy of 18."

Although it's unlikely to stop speculation about other additions before the August 31 deadline, Sir Alex insisted he will not be making any more signings. "We definitely won't be buying anyone else. There is no movement about anyone going the other way."

Back
Top Bottom