• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COVID and football (proper thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

This is picking up just in time for the Christmas fixtures. I'm sensing an unholy mess with cancellations and schedule.

Well, with our luck all Christmas fixtures will be rescheduled to be played during AFCON.

I reckon we’ll all be told to use our common sense when planning Christmas by the end of the week.

Last week my mate who works in govt said Gove was gonna come out talking heavier restrictions the next day, and at 6pm the next day he did. Apparently he wants to look tough on everything even though he doesn't give a shit, he's trying to capitalise on how shite Boris is doing and launch a leadership bid at some point. Anyways, at the same time she said that there's a two week lockdown planned early in January. I know these things are subject to change on any given day but that was how it was last week.

We’re close to lockdown here. Its gonna happen. Footy will be off before Christmas.

I reckon it'll be tied to deaths .. if that figure rockets then lockdown but if people aren't dying from Omicron (and it seems it's more transmissible but with lower mortality) then it won't happen (though with tougher restrictions).

I reckon it'll be tied to deaths .. if that figure rockets then lockdown but if people aren't dying from Omicron (and it seems it's more transmissible but with lower mortality) then it won't happen (though with tougher restrictions).
Probably hospitalisations. NHS are expecting that to shoot up.

Not many will adhere to another lockdown at Christmas.

Probably hospitalisations. NHS are expecting that to shoot up.

Not many will adhere to another lockdown at Christmas.
Yeah I guess based on the NHS's ability to cope.

I really can't see another major lockdown (not that I can judge the feeling from over here) as with a high vaccination rate lowering the chance of infection or at least the body's response to it, there's far less reason to. And people will likely just not accept it to the same degree this time around.

Covid pass to go to the footy and other large events has now become law. Despite a rebellion of 99 Tories.

Apparently the main concern is not necessarily Covid travel restrictions, but the growing violence in Cameroon - one of the stadiums due to host the games even had an IED planted not long ago.

Looks like the decision to postpone will be made very soon:

Leicester haven't got 7 out with Covid. It's a combination of Covid, other illness and injury.

Leicester haven't got 7 out with Covid. It's a combination of Covid, other illness and injury.
Yeah I was about to write the same until I saw this:

Daniel Amartey - Illness
Jannik Vestergaard - Illness
Ayoze Perez - Illness
Ademola Lookman - Illness
Kelechi Iheanacho - Illness
Vontae Daley-Campbell - Illness
Filip Benkovic - Illness
Hamza Choudhury - Illness

Sauce: https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Status
Not open for further replies.