• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COVID and football (proper thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same FA that moans about bigger clubs devaluing the competition by fielding inexperienced teams? Must be money at stake for them.

I'm guessing its the TV money from an entire weekend of footy related to the FA cup. For every cancellation the TV money would be reduced.
Same with a two legged tie in the Caramel cup. TV money from both is to significant for it to be reduced to a one legged tie. Awful.

I'm guessing its the TV money from an entire weekend of footy related to the FA cup. For every cancellation the TV money would be reduced.
Same with a two legged tie in the Caramel cup. TV money from both is to significant for it to be reduced to a one legged tie. Awful.
Yeah, the money bit was a sarcastic comment about how they've suddenly changed their tune now money is at stake.
But yes, the money will be driven by sponsorship and media. Ultimately, the concern for the FA would be that if they allow cancellations on covid grounds at the third round stage then fixture congestion could kick in as the competition progresses (plus they set a precedent at the start and have to make the same allowances all through). In a worst case, the competition falls apart and they lose a full season's revenue. More likely is that clubs become forced to forfeit fixtures (as with Tottenham in the Europa Conference) with the loss of TV revenue for every game that isn't played as you say.

Some other clubs wants the EFL to investigate. I cant really see what the club did wrong when an independent lab did the PCR tests and Public Health England shut the training ground down.

Most likely Arsenal trying to be relevant.

Arsenal fans were crying from anger about our game being moved after our request. This well funny.

*Play the kids for Gods sake. Just play. Etc etc.

Arsenal have asked for their game with Spurs to be called off, so far only one covid positive with Odegaard

Isn’t it more likely that it’s due to Covid plus quite a number of injuries…Saka went off at the end with a bad stomach I heard, and I think they have a few out…
it is ironic though the fuss that was made about us postponing…:D nobs !

Alphonso Davis out until further notice with Myocarditis

Pierre-Emirick Auba out until further notice with Heart Lesions.

Both after testing positive for COVID.

Thank you for clarifying this my child.

Some heretical scientists who investigate the physiological mechanisms rather than the data would blaspheme about the vaccine. They would say the inflammation is caused by the bodies own immune response. So if you train your immune response according to a vaccine that causes inflammation of the heart, then even though the vaccine wasn't enough to cause myocarditis for you, the training of your immune system has already been done. So then when you do get a high dose of the virus, rather than your body attacking the proteins it sees fit, it goes straight for the spike protein like it was trained to do, and now the response in a young supremely fit athlete with a very strong immune system is going to be strong enough to cause inflammation, that would not otherwise have occured but for the lord's gift already being in your blood.

This old way of working things out sounds tempting, but it is heresy, thank you again for clarifying the data my child.

Last edited:

Strange, didn't Ross and Dantes definitively prove that myocarditis can ONLY be a result of the Big Government Vaccine while the "natural" COVID infection is good for you or something? Now I'm confused...

Strange, didn't Ross and Dantes definitively prove that myocarditis can ONLY be a result of the Big Government Vaccine while the "natural" COVID infection is good for you or something? Now I'm confused...

Auba, Meye and Lemina.

Aubameyang was forced to sit out Gabon's opening victory over Comoros after testing positive for coronavirus upon is arrival in Yaounde on January 6, but had been primed to make his comebackagainst Ghana in their Group C meeting at the Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo on Friday after returning a negative test.

However, the Arsenal striker was omitted from Gabon's starting line-up on the day, with Gabon's Football Federation reporting on Twitter in the hours before the match that the Confederation of African Football's Medical Commission had prevented him and teammates Axel Meye and midfielder Mario Lemina from playing after tests revealed "cardiac lesions."

Neveu sought to set the record straight after Friday's draw.

"In the readings, it's clear that Aubameyang has no cardiac problems," Neveu told ESPN. "He [and Lemina] passed PCR tests and they were negative.

"They then did the second lot of exams, cardiac tests, and it seemed as though the pair of them had problems.

"It appears as though the virus has left residue, it's possible that the illness has left an impact, and two hours before the match, the team doctor and the doctor of CAF were on a phonecall with me, and they told me not to play them."

No my child, I explained the definitive proof above which I would suspect has not even occurred to any of the prophets of the holy church of medicine, since they lack my miraculous ability to predict data from its underlying physics. These things occur to me with little problem because I am one of the lord's highest prophets, from his most highest church. Never get that twisted.

I also explained that the proof I conjectured is utter heresy. You must not dwell upon these things, have faith in our lord and accept his fourth gift into your blood as soon as possible my child.

Should just make them play. Leeds played yesterday without 10 players out with injury and 7 U-23/U-18s on the bench.

Auba, Meye and Lemina.

Aubameyang was forced to sit out Gabon's opening victory over Comoros after testing positive for coronavirus upon is arrival in Yaounde on January 6, but had been primed to make his comebackagainst Ghana in their Group C meeting at the Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo on Friday after returning a negative test.

However, the Arsenal striker was omitted from Gabon's starting line-up on the day, with Gabon's Football Federation reporting on Twitter in the hours before the match that the Confederation of African Football's Medical Commission had prevented him and teammates Axel Meye and midfielder Mario Lemina from playing after tests revealed "cardiac lesions."

Neveu sought to set the record straight after Friday's draw.

"In the readings, it's clear that Aubameyang has no cardiac problems," Neveu told ESPN. "He [and Lemina] passed PCR tests and they were negative.

"They then did the second lot of exams, cardiac tests, and it seemed as though the pair of them had problems.

"It appears as though the virus has left residue, it's possible that the illness has left an impact, and two hours before the match, the team doctor and the doctor of CAF were on a phonecall with me, and they told me not to play them."
Auba and Lemina sent back to their clubs.

Smart strategy from Burnley. You can’t possibly be relegated if you postpone/refuse to play every game from now until the end of the season.

c4c7595468671d9714827134495a0df5.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom