• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COVID and football (proper thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first few Boxing Day fixtures in the Football League have been called off. The Coventry Cardiff and Northampton Walsall games now postponed.

COVID and injuries and AFCON CUP Lack of transfer spending derailing our challenge for the title .

AFCON wasn't this curve ball event which suddenly popped up last week. Our squad has been susceptible to injuries derailing our season for the last three to four years.

There was no vote on cancelling fixtures at the EPL shareholders' meeting so Christmas fixtures going ahead as planned (subject to whatever comes out of this cabinet meeting that's been going on since 2).

There was no vote on cancelling fixtures at the EPL shareholders' meeting so Christmas fixtures going ahead as planned (subject to whatever comes out of this cabinet meeting that's been going on since 2).

Lockdown on 27th appaz. Only eating / drinking outside and rule of 6.

Yes, sounds that way. Although I think the extend of what comes in next week and exactly which day is still yet to be decided. Whatever happens, I can't see football matches happening, at least not with fans.

Mind you, the cabinet meeting has been going on for hours and I suspect certain people there are very much pushing for full on lockdown now, while other certain people are pushing for no restrictions at all.

If he does that, it'll be career suicide.. the letters will be rolling in to the 1922 committee quicker than you can say "Wine and Nibbles on the terrace anyone? It's a business meeting, honest!"

269734506_10161639739272306_915107183117262728_n.jpg

New rules introduced with immediate effect last night, self isolation reduced from 10 days to 7 provided you test negative on lateral flow tests on day 6 and 7.

Could mean VVD, Fabinho and Curtis Jones available tonight but definitely on Boxing Day

Another example of our government doing irrelevant random shit which has no bearing with either tackling Covid or helping society.

What good is reducing by 3 days actually gonna do.....either keep as it is or get rid.

Had my Pifzer booster yesterday and then went to play football for the fist time in 2 months. So I was struggling today, but it was all football related.

Another example of our government doing irrelevant random shit which has no bearing with either tackling Covid or helping society.

What good is reducing by 3 days actually gonna do.....either keep as it is or get rid.
It allows healthcare workers to get back into their NHS roles earlier. Loads are and will be off with covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom