• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do Newcastle ambitions inspire concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manure have had loads more money than us since forever and they're still shite.

They've always possess stupid levels of loyalty to having a core of english players and kids in their teams, presumably to preserve some imaginary connection to their history for their deluded fans. Newcastle won't be constrained by those feels.

They're stupidly wealthy and have Fred and Mctominay in central midfield. I have no further comment at this stage.

It depends on how quickly they want to achieve “success”.

The noises suggest they’re looking at doing it in stages - the managers being mentioned aren’t likely to take the team to Premier League or Champions League glory - they’re more likely to establish the team as knocking on the door of the top 6 at best.

Same goes with the players that have been mentioned.

That makes sense - Chelsea and City were much better established and position to push in to the top 4 or challenge for a title than Newcastle are.

Even these stages are fraught with danger - it’s not just a matter of personnel in turning a team around from relegation fodder to challenger - they need a cohesive system or style and the players to fit that - and even then, they need time for players to adjust and gel.

Let’s be honest - none of the current Newcastle would get a game for any of the top teams - Saint-Maximin might make the bench of a couple.

Avoid relegation this season. Comfortable mid table finish next season. European contention the following. Top 4 push in 3 seasons if they’re lucky. Title challenge in 5 years if they’re very lucky. Actually win something of note within a decade and they’ll be doing well.

Most of us will be dead by the time they win anything, the way this world is going.
Rubbish. Title challenge in 5 years if they are very lucky ha.

It took City 4 years. 5 is not a bad shout given Newcastle will have more teams to compete with and their second season will be in the Championship.

I highly doubt Bellingham will be going to Newcastle.
Why..? Money talks, and If he is get two,three or even four time the money that he is on now with a team that will be going places it will be hard for him to no to the "NewBarca' Utd" ...

Last edited:
It took City 4 years. 5 is not a bad shout given Newcastle will have more teams to compete with and their second season will be in the Championship.

I expect the Newcastle team to be more robust now that they have new "Shit Rich" owners and fight harder to prove their selves and hope to get a bit from a bigger cherry £££ and better and more lucrative contact

Why..? Money talk, and If he is get two,three or even four time the money that he is on now with a team that will be going places it will be hard for him to no to the "NewBarca' Utd" ...

It will be to soon I reckon as he will move in 1-2 years. Newcastle wont have CL footy or be top side in that time.

Yes very worrying, if we had any other coach other than Klopp we would be fucked even with City and Chelsea. Look at Man United, even they cannot cope, so how fucked up do you think we would be ?.

I can understand why our owners wanted that super league. They probably knew this was coming and really we cannot compete.

Rubbish. Title challenge in 5 years if they are very lucky ha.

Come on Dreamie - they’re starting from a position being relegation fodder with a shite squad and shite manager.

They aren’t challenging this season, next season or the next - and if they want to challenge they’ll have to compete against City, Chelsea, Utd and us - who already have strong squads and will still be strong in 3 years time.

3 years - they’ll get be at Spurs/Leicester Level... and that’s if they get every decision right and don’t fuck up along the way.

Whoever takes the Newcastle job from Bruce is a dead man walking the minute they start - their first appointments and signings will be keep them in the league and establish them as a top half team - then they’ll be sacked and replaced with a manager that is expected to win the league.

Come on Dreamie - they’re starting from a position being relegation fodder with a shite squad and shite manager.

They aren’t challenging this season, next season or the next - and if they want to challenge they’ll have to compete against City, Chelsea, Utd and us - who already have strong squads and will still be strong in 3 years time.

3 years - they’ll get be at Spurs/Leicester Level... and that’s if they get every decision right and don’t fuck up along the way.

Whoever takes the Newcastle job from Bruce is a dead man walking the minute they start - their first appointments and signings will be keep them in the league and establish them as a top half team - then they’ll be sacked and replaced with a manager that is expected to win the league.
You are under-estimating them as both a club and the new ownership. You have these arab emirate owners who compete in buliding tall buildings, now they compete with thier football clubs. Newcastle are actually in a better position than City before they had their first take over.

I think the one thing it might do is push the competitiveness to a level where FSG have to have a rethink and either start finding ways of changing their business model, or look to sell on. I'm loathed to see us change hands, better the devil you know and all that, but the more bottomless pit clubs that are out there, the harder the whole money-ball thing is to sustain.

As much as I complain about FSG and their lack of transfer spending, I would rather stick with them than taking chances with another ownership. I am reasonably confident if competition in football remains somewhat fair, FSG will improve our commercial operations to the level where we don't need a sugar daddy owner to remain competitive. Whether the football landscape remains somewhat fair, I am pessimistic about it.

If the CL becomes City, Newcastle, PSG, Chelsea becoming regular semifinalist every year in 5 years' time, I am sure something will change with the UEFA. I cannot see legacy clubs like Madrid, Barcelona, us, Man United taking that mutely.

It's disheartening really, let's be honest.

Yeh I was initially really disheartened but then thought

big finances defo are a massive help …but, so much can go wrong even with great players…ya can’t buy good relations between all those involved, and force humans to gel …..money does help a lot but curve balls happen….
I feel a bit less concerned, and it will take time…we have to keep up somehow. I believe we will find a way ! Hope I’m right :)

I’m gonna share a hunch based on nothing. I fucking bet they buy Isco! Maybe then my news now feed will shut the fuck up about him (whoever the hell he is)

As much as I complain about FSG and their lack of transfer spending, I would rather stick with them than taking chances with another ownership. I am reasonably confident if competition in football remains somewhat fair, FSG will improve our commercial operations to the level where we don't need a sugar daddy owner to remain competitive. Whether the football landscape remains somewhat fair, I am pessimistic about it.

If the CL becomes City, Newcastle, PSG, Chelsea becoming regular semifinalist every year in 5 years' time, I am sure something will change with the UEFA. I cannot see legacy clubs like Madrid, Barcelona, us, Man United taking that mutely.

We already have. The PSG guy is in tight with UEFA and on the board or something. Money talks.

If their new owners stick around and put as much money in as everyone fears then they will definitely challenge. Question is when. We shall see when they start appointing people to run the club and manage the team.

Ultimately I don't think they will have it all their own way though. Chelsea never did. City never did. It hasn't been the case that the super rich clubs have run away with it every year.

It will make things harder for us for sure but we have competed and got ahead of rich clubs before and we can again. I'm not QUITE ready to say it's the end of the World yet.

Maybe we should co create a closed league like the have in US.

We already have. The PSG guy is in tight with UEFA and on the board or something. Money talks.

I think the PSG guy also chairs the FFP committee or is on the executive committee which decides the direction of FFP which is a big pisstake.

It will be to soon I reckon as he will move in 1-2 years. Newcastle wont have CL footy or be top side in that time.
Quite possible, but they only need a couple of good signing. Not currently top players Like Salah,Kane,KDB etc.
If they signed Youssef En-Nesyri, Karim Adeyemi,Coutinho, Dusan Vlahovic or a combonation of these four and that would go a long way to seeing they in a 5th -8th place in the prem'
Also afterwatch the BBC's doc' on Paul Merson and gambling (worth a watch) I realised that there are a lot of good footballers out there with habits who would sign just for the money because of

a) hooked gambling and need the money to fund thier habit
b) have not spent or vested their money well and need a big play out before they retire

Yes very worrying, if we had any other coach other than Klopp we would be fucked even with City and Chelsea. Look at Man United, even they cannot cope, so how fucked up do you think we would be ?.

I can understand why our owners wanted that super league. They probably knew this was coming and really we cannot compete.

Spend all the money in the world would not hurt if you can not get relegated Fsg thinking is "what's another 30 year wait, money will be rolling in because of the Super League"

Also afterwatch the BBC's doc' on Paul Merson and gambling (worth a watch) I realised that there are a lot of good footballers out there with habits who would sign just for the money because of

a) hooked gambling and need the money to fund thier habit
b) have not spent or vested their money well and need a big play out before they retire

Yeah, that’ll certainly guarantee them success. A team full of cokeheads, alcoholics, gamblers and skint has-beens. What a transfer strategy!

If their wealth didn’t dwarf even City’s I would agree. Can seen them going all guns blazing for the best talent and be challenging within 3

It comes down to money and history. I can’t any valid reasons top players wouldn’t go there. City and Chelsea have proven that signing for a stupidly rich team almost guarantees success. What a player doesn’t want that? They get big signings early doors. And keep building. The amount of money they have is insane. If Rodgers does take the job he’ll have them competitive very early.
I also don’t buy the idea that they have a shit squad at all but I guess the next 8 months will decide if that that assertion is incorrect.

Yeh I was initially really disheartened but then thought

big finances defo are a massive help …but, so much can go wrong even with great players…ya can’t buy good relations between all those involved, and force humans to gel …..money does help a lot but curve balls happen….
I feel a bit less concerned, and it will take time…we have to keep up somehow. I believe we will find a way ! Hope I’m right :)
On the flip side it’s amazing what winning matches can do for harmony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom