• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do Newcastle ambitions inspire concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be pleasantly surprised if Newcastle aren't genuine title contenders within five years.
Their takeover underlines how much we should enjoy our current team and management.

If Leicester can come up from the Championship and win the PL then I see no reason why Newcastle can't do similar especially given the money they now have.

If Leicester can come up from the Championship and win the PL then I see no reason why Newcastle can't do similar especially given the money they now have.

Of course they can. They will challenge and they will probably win the league at some point. The point is that they have a lot of work to do. They have been a joke of a club run by idiots for years and their squad is dire.

They might be both clever and fortunate in getting proper management and coaches in and then buying exactly the right players and doing it really quickly, but it’s more likely that they will have a few problems along the way.

Lampard is not such a horrible manager – the Chelsea job was too big for him, but he'll get Newcastle playing some entertaining football and probably mold Willock into a star. And West Ham will now they finally have someone who will pay £80M for Declan Rice.

Yeah lampard took Derby county from the depths of sixth in the championship to the heights of sixth in the championship and was rewarded with the Chelsea job, where he was given a blank chequebook and still managed to make such a fucking mess of it that he had them in relegation form, where Tuchel only needed half a year to win more games than Arsenal managed all season, and won the CL with the same bunch of rentboys

Just pray Newcastle get him.

Newcastle should hire Ted Lasso. Their new owners probably thinks he’s doing well in the Championship with Richmond, and could be a great PR move.

i know

Last year I would have considered Lascelles.
Now only St Max.

It makes you wonder how many players Dreamie would take “in a heartbeat” from a decent team that wasn’t in the relegation zone without winning any games this season.

It makes you wonder how many players Dreamie would take “in a heartbeat” from a decent team that wasn’t in the relegation zone without winning any games this season.
Our squad depth is shite and you obviously have zero ability to comprehend potential in a player.

Klopp can do wonders.

You’re the poster who would have scoffed at Jota being mentioned as a player someone would take from Wolves and would claim you’d only take Jimenez.
Their dozens and dozens of players in the EPL that would improve us.

You’ll be the same guy shocked when these ‘rubbish’ players look world beaters in 6 months and bemoan the fact we didn’t snap them up when their value was rock bottom.

Newcastle should hire Ted Lasso. Their new owners probably thinks he’s doing well in the Championship with Richmond, and could be a great PR move.

Who is the closest equivalent to Ted Lasso among the current managers? There is only one correct answer.

You have to feel slightly sorry for Steve Bruce. Not very much at all obviously, but a tiny bit.

I mean, he hasn’t actually done a lot worse than their other recent managers. He’s kept them up and they have tended to have got a similar number of points.

He’s also a Newcastle fan I think so would probably have been quite excited that his club might actually win something, yet it’s an absolute given that he’s going to get the sack. The club don’t even seem to be pretending that he won’t.

You have to feel slightly sorry for Steve Bruce. Not very much at all obviously, but a tiny bit.

I mean, he hasn’t actually done a lot worse than their other recent managers. He’s kept them up and they have tended to have got a similar number of points.

He’s also a Newcastle fan I think so would probably have been quite excited that his club might actually win something, yet it’s an absolute given that he’s going to get the sack. The club don’t even seem to be pretending that he won’t.
Know what you mean.

Also concerned about how they will sack him.

A normal sacking or invite him in, hack him to death and then load his bits into the back of a bin lorry.

Our squad depth is shite and you obviously have zero ability to comprehend potential in a player.

Klopp can do wonders.

You’re the poster who would have scoffed at Jota being mentioned as a player someone would take from Wolves and would claim you’d only take Jimenez.
Their dozens and dozens of players in the EPL that would improve us.

You’ll be the same guy shocked when these ‘rubbish’ players look world beaters in 6 months and bemoan the fact we didn’t snap them up when their value was rock bottom.

Your heads up your arse Dreamie, as usual.

I didn’t scoff at Jota.

We have people that actually identify players that we should take “in a heartbeat”.

Picking every half decent player from every team in the land doesn’t make you a fucking talent spotting genius - it makes you look like an idiot that can’t tell the difference between good, bad or average, so just picks them all and hopes.

Klopp can do wonders if the talent is there.

What Klopp can’t do is take bang average players and make them into superstars by giving them a hug or something.

By all means continue to make an idiot of yourself.

I don’t. His reputation is enhanced. He’ll get another job and get a huge pay off.

Your heads up your arse Dreamie, as usual.

I didn’t scoff at Jota.

We have people that actually identify players that we should take “in a heartbeat”.

Picking every half decent player from every team in the land doesn’t make you a fucking talent spotting genius - it makes you look like an idiot that can’t tell the difference between good, bad or average, so just picks them all and hopes.

Klopp can do wonders if the talent is there.

What Klopp can’t do is take bang average players and make them into superstars by giving them a hug or something.

By all means continue to make an idiot of yourself.
Lol insults. Good man. Can’t wait to hear your next scouting report.

I don’t. His reputation is enhanced. He’ll get another job and get a huge pay off.

He'll get a huge pay off and another job if he wants one, yes. But I don't see how his reputation is remotely enhanced? It's been very publicly accepted by pretty much everyone that he isn't good enough!

Look, I am not about to shed any tears for Steve Bruce, but if you are managing the club you support and you actually do as well as recent managers then they get wealthy, look like they will challenge and the one thing that the whole of football is united on is that you should be fired, well, that's gotta hurt hasn't it? Pay off or no pay off.

bounce2.gif

Steve Bruce is a Championship manager, or at best a manager to fight against relegation in the Premier League.
His football is outdated, but he's been doing alright at Newcastle with limited resourced and a shite squad.
I doubt he'll be surprised to see someone else come in given the direction the club wants to go in.
He'll get a pay off, and get a job for a a club that is either in a relegation scrap and in need of a new manager or a Championship side.

He'll get a huge pay off and another job if he wants one, yes. But I don't see how his reputation is remotely enhanced? It's been very publicly accepted by pretty much everyone that he isn't good enough!

Look, I am not about to shed any tears for Steve Bruce, but if you are managing the club you support and you actually do as well as recent managers then they get wealthy, look like they will challenge and the one thing that the whole of football is united on is that you should be fired, well, that's gotta hurt hasn't it? Pay off or no pay off.
He isn’t good enough to manager essentially one of the best clubs in the world. His market has always been championship promotions hopefuls and lower premier league teams trying to stay up. He did that at Newcastle and is going to fired before he potential would have gone to shit. He’ll be on the wanted list of half a dozen teams list if they are struggling in the second half of this season and rightly so.

He isn’t good enough to manager essentially one of the best clubs in the world. His market has always been championship promotions hopefuls and lower premier league teams trying to stay up. He did that at Newcastle and is going to fired before he potential would have gone to shit. He’ll be on the wanted list of half a dozen teams list if they are struggling in the second half of this season and rightly so.

I never said he was good enough! I absolutely agree that they should sack him. My point was that it has got to be hard to take. Everyone has had their say about the Newcastle takeover. It’s been fairly controversial in many ways. The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that Bruce is shit and needs to be sacked ASAP.

Well if you really want to get into it...our “squad depth is shite” and you’d take “in a heartbeat” the following :

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Fraser (we also looked at)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

So let’s look at Dreamies scouting brilliance.

Lascelles - a sixth choice for CB behind Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Konate and Phillips - not counting Koumete and the other 3 CB’s we have our on loan.

Genius.

Lewis - bullet dodged - been awful in a shit Newcastle side and would be lucky to be a third choice LB.

Ryan Fraser - 22 games for Newcastle - zero goals- “we looked at” then rightly decided a traffic cone would be better utilised. This is him at his peak mind...

Almeron... we’d be better signing Santiago Munez - another bang average player who has been coveted by precisely zero top teams.

Willock - the youngster Arsenal we’re happy to fuck off - is he shite? Maybe not... but he’s certainly not on anybody that’s not a half wit’s list of “in a heart beat” signings

Wilson - you banged that drum when you were proudly telling the world that him and Ryan Fraser would make us much better team - another average player that’s found his level - they were key players in the Bournemouth team that went down - and now they’re helping Newcastle struggle.

Saint-Maximin - truth is I wouldn’t sign him in a heartbeat either - even if he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the team - I don’t think he’s got the end product for a top side.

There’s a reason that Newcastle are bottom of the league - it’s because their players are shite - and I’d touch none of them with a barge pole.

So yeah... there are plenty of players I’d sign “in a heartbeat” to improve our “shite” squad depth... just not 7 from one of the worst teams in the league.

And yes... I will call you a idiot... because you’re being idiotic... like you were when you originally wanged on about signing Wilson & Fraser... like when you were wanging on about how excited you were that Roy Hodgeson was going to be managing us... like when you were telling us about what a great manager Ange Postecoglu is.. and all the other dumb ass things you keep coming out with over the years for reasons no one can ever quite fathom other than to be contrary or because you’re a dumbass.

If you had said Saint-Maximim might be a potential option from the bench at the right price or Willock or Lewis might be ones to keep an eye on to see if they can develop into something that MIGHT be an option from the bench, you’d have had a at least the beginnings of a point.

But you didn’t... you went full Dreamie.

Here... have one of your green smiley faces :D

Last edited:

Nah. He's a manc

I never said he was good enough! I absolutely agree that they should sack him. My point was that it has got to be hard to take. Everyone has had their say about the Newcastle takeover. It’s been fairly controversial in many ways. The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that Bruce is shit and needs to be sacked ASAP.
I don’t think so. I think everyone agrees he’s not the same level as the very best managers in the world. That’s a long way off ‘he’s shit’. He’s just not good enough now that so many things have changed at the club. If West Ham had the same owners I’m sure every fan would want Moyes replaced for the same reason. Bruce is never outsmarting or out manoeuvring Klopp or Pep.

Translation : We all know who he played for, therefore I am stuck with my head so far up his hole I can see the back of his teeth

I beginning to think that Dreamie would sign all those Newcastle players “in a heartbeat” because of his love of the Mancs - it would certainly weaken us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom