• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Dodge the brodge

Prefix for Poll Threads

• Sack the cunt

Votes: 65 67.0%
  • Keep him

Votes: 32 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pro Rodgers camp:

Almost_empty_campsite_in_mid-summer_-_geograph.org.uk_-_857527.jpg
Too Big Too Beautiful. does look like a cul de sac though.
Is that Dreamy in there?

[article=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11627545/Brendan-Rodgers-says-if-Liverpools-owners-want-him-to-leave-then-hell-go.html]Brendan Rodgers accepted his job as Liverpool manager is in doubt after ending the season with humiliating defeat to Stoke City.

The Northern Irishman knows his immediate future in now in the hands of American owners Fenway Sports Group after a 6-1 defeat he described as ‘embarrassing’. It is Liverpool’s worst loss since 1963, and resulted in the manager issuing an apology to fans.

The consequences for Rodgers could be severe. Asked directly if he accepted there would be questions about his future, Rodgers said:

“Absolutely I have always said if the owners want me to go, I go it is as simple as that. But I still feel I have a lot to offer here,” said Rodgers.

“Last season when everything was working well you have the support of everyone but performances like today do not help you. I am fully aware of that.

“There is a lot that has happened here which has made the job difficult and we have kept fighting right to the very end. But I totally understand that.

“My pride makes me want to be in this job. I love this job and I love this club and it has been a difficult season but like I said if the owners every say to me to go, I go. But I want to be here I love the club but I also understand that we need to be better than that we have shown in recent weeks.

“There are a number of key elements of the performance today that didn’t surprise me if I am being honest. There are areas which will we address in the summer that will help us become much more competitive and consistent and be up there from the beginning of the season. We as a club will work very hard to make that happen.

“The (supporters) have every right to be angry. These supporters have been brilliant, in particular away from home, so we can have no complaints. The supporters were angry at half time and rightly so that was awful in the first half. Absolutely awful.

"This season has been a tough season and towards the end this period now we have come up short and the only way you get support is by winning games. We haven’t won enough games in this last couple of months so they have every right to be angry and frustrated and of course I take full responsibility for that as the manager. But our job now is to go away and reflect on the season.

"There is an awful lot of work to do, an awful lot of work. Our job is to go and fix that and make sure we come back with the omoitivation greater than ever to push on next season. We have finished in sixth which is where we deserve to finish and we have to start today the climb to get back up again."[/article]

He signed a new deal last summer.

He's going nowhere, I suggest you spend a bit of time acclimatising to the idea of him being here next season

12 May 2011
[article=http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/13378374]Kenny Dalglish has signed a new three-year contract as Liverpool manager.

The 60-year-old Scot has been rewarded with an extended deal after taking over in January in a caretaker role following Roy Hodgson's sacking.[/article]

16 May 2012
[article=http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/18073446]Kenny Dalglish has been sacked as Liverpool manager after finishing eighth in the Premier League.

Dalglish, 61, led the club to Carling Cup glory and the FA Cup final, but could not seal a Champions League spot.

"Results in the Premier League have been disappointing and to build on the progress that has been made, we need to make a change," read a club statement.[/article]

You'd think anyone half competent would have a clause in for failing to get CL.

I doubt his sacking would be particularly expensive.

Given how 'stringent/prudent' FSG has been in handling contractual details, fingers crossed.

FSG seems the type that will put performance related clauses into contracts. Rodgers didn't win a trophy or get into the CL so it'll be no surprise if he goes.

Dear Mr Brown,
I would like to reiterate that Brendan Rodgers has our firm backing as manager of Liverpool Football Club. We gave him a new contract last year to help create our vision for this fantastic club. At this point in time we urge all of our fans to stand firmly behind the manager. I would like to add that an announcement will be made about a new signing in the next few days from the manager himself.
Yours Sincerely
John W Henry (Chairman of Liverpool Football Club)

Cannot vouch for the voracity of this, 95% bollocks probably, but if true very disappointing - how do you unlike your own post !

Looks like bollocks to me. There's no way I can imagine Henry revealing a signing will be made to a fan in an email.

I think we'll have to fire Rodgers - the players have had their 'say' ... I guess Suarez was just that good then.

I for one, will not stand by a manager that makes King Binny angry.

He's crossed a line, the midlifecrisis having gimp.

Dear Mr Brown,
I would like to reiterate that Brendan Rodgers has our firm backing as manager of Liverpool Football Club. We gave him a new contract last year to help create our vision for this fantastic club. At this point in time we urge all of our fans to stand firmly behind the manager. I would like to add that an announcement will be made about a new signing in the next few days from the manager himself.
Yours Sincerely
John W Henry (Chairman of Liverpool Football Club)

Cannot vouch for the voracity of this, 95% bollocks probably, but if true very disappointing - how do you unlike your own post !

This is from the Telegraph live blog, quite a few fake ones come in mentioned getting Moyes in etc.

None of this would have happened if Suarez had been replaced somewhat. At least half his goals, and assists.

None of this would have happened if Suarez had been replaced somewhat. At least half his goals, and assists.
It'd still be bad though, Suarez goals & determination, plus the confidence it gave the squad papered over a lot of cracks.

The fact that we've never had a reasonable defence or been able to defend corners has never changed in all the time Rodgers has been here. It's arguably got worse.

We defended well during the turnaround. I thought he had figured it out and goals were the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom