• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Dodge the brodge

Prefix for Poll Threads

• Sack the cunt

Votes: 65 67.0%
  • Keep him

Votes: 32 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than that though.

He uses the term right mentality' every time when discussing potential targets and cites it again after he's managed to overpay for the player. It's as if he thinks the Liverpool mentality is a spineless, lazy loser.

It seems as if Luis Suarez led that dressing room more than anyone else

I hate the way he describes results as 'disappointing', as if he'd hoped we'd win and its a shame we didn't. It's not disappointing to lose at home, it's unacceptable. That's the message he should be giving to the players. It doesn't matter whether it's a friendly or a meaningless game.

The way this season has unraveled after the defeat to Man U in my eyes is reminiscent of the last couple of months when Kenny was manger, post the League Cup final win and Arsenal game.
We seem to have been playing as if there was nothing to play for in both those periods and how much both managers are responsible for that I don not know.
I do know that Kenny got the flick and Rodgers can't have too many complaints if he he follows suit.
I would have argued at the time that Kenny deserved more time and I am willing to give Brendan a little more time too but if there was a manger of the quality of De Boer or Klopp happy to take over the reins then, I would be happy to say adios as well.
Rafa usually has a good league campaign followed by a bad one so perhaps that trend will continue for Rodgers

I'm getting close to the point where I don't think he can fix it. We keep doing the same things wrong.
Players are cunts aswell, the majority of them. There was 2 captains out there today, the old one and the new one, and they were both fucking shite, can't wait for the new one to 'lead' us to glory.

If I weren't so drunk I'd redo that interview macca did & be twice as harsh.

He basically blames his players for not doing the basics. There's only one person I blame when professional players continually make basic mistakes, & that isn't the player.

The wall wasn't organised & didn't communicate nor move in unison.

The centre backs didn't communicate nor cover each.

The centre backs panicked & quite literally ran into their own goal instead of defending.

The wingers continually passed the ball into empty space as they didn't know where the attackers would be.

The midfield had gaps in it whether attacking or defending through lack of organisation.

The team was not only disjointed, but lacking motivation due to the better performing players being subbed.

Not one of those issues is down to the players. Not one.

How long has he left on his contract?
Could we buy him out with a whip round?

... ... ?!
CFJf0bnWYAA2ef4.jpg
CFJf0cIW0AECAn-.jpg

How long has he left on his contract?
Could we buy him out with a whip round?
Sadly we couldn't.

Neither could FSG, hence the reason he'll be here next season, with a lot of our fans not listening, or cringing, everytime he opens his mouth.

He's lost me. Sorry Andy, I hope you get to prove me wrong, but he's well & truly lost me. He can't fix basic errors & he can't get the team motivated when it counts.

Sadly we couldn't.

Neither could FSG, hence the reason he'll be here next season, with a lot of our fans not listening, or cringing, everytime he opens his mouth.

He's lost me. Sorry Andy, I hope you get to prove me wrong, but he's well & truly lost me. He can't fix basic errors & he can't get the team motivated when it counts.

Is that for real? Surely they'd at least include something about CL qualification etc?

Amateur stuff if not.

Don't give me cause for hope dude. Someone get a copy of his contract and fast.

Is that for real? Surely they'd at least include something about CL qualification etc?

Amateur stuff if not.
I was being glib, I'm sure fsg as an organisation could easily afford it.

Whether 'lfc' itself could easily do it bearing in mind the relatively tight margins we are working under with ffp thanks to last seasons spending I don't know. I do know it would leave a financial hole.

That said, the inability to win a CL place this season leaves us with a similar sized financial hole & as the blame for that sits with both 'the transfer committee' & Rodgers (proportions of which no one truly knows but them) then I'd say if they actually believe they gave him enough resources to get fourth place that they will certainly be running the numbers & looking at potential replacements.

Personally he's lost me. I have no faith in him as a person. He got this job & then reinvented himself, using clichés to do so, from envelopes to teeth whitening.

For our all mocking about his wife's looks, he left his long term wife & mother to his three kids for a 20 odd year old blonde girl shortly after coming here.

None of these things suggest a person who is ready to be a leader of men, bit rather a man who aspires to be a leader of men & is trying to reinvent himself to do so.

Perhaps I'm over analysing, but I suspect our Mr Rodgers is still learning, & in many respects he himself is unaware just how much he doesn't know at this level.

If indeed he is learning, and improving in the process, then maybe that's a good reason to wait and see how the first few months of the next season progress.
Personally, I think risking another transfer window and another disastrous start to the season maybe risk too far.

If indeed he is learning, and improving in the process, then maybe that's a good reason to wait and see how the first few months of the next season progress.
Personally, I think risking another transfer window and another disastrous start to the season maybe risk too far.
That just it though, earlier in the season I lauded him cos he was learning, & then since then he's proved the opposite. As soon as the three at the back was found out pundits & fans alike wondered what he'd do.

He did nothing. He just let teams run riot & looked bemused. Then he reverted back to the old formation & again looked bemused.

A big factor for me is this end of season. We have no real striker option bar lambert. Yet he's barely played Lambert & has persisted with a knackered/half arsed/out of form(you choose) young midfielder upfront, instead of playing a young up & coming striker.

Makes no sense at all. None.

Another huge factor for me losing faith is the coaching.

No coach worth his salt would allow the repetitive defensive errors we show. I honestly don't think we train defensively at all, otherwise why would all our defenders turn the wrong way on set pieces? Why would we be so bad at defending set pieces? Why do we let Joe Allen mark the opposition's most dangerous attacking player time & again?

There's no organisation whatsoever to be seen.

Lovren was clearly a quality defender for Southampton, comes here & looks like a schoolboy. It's coaching, or lack of.

I agree. Said months ago that we need a defensive coach. That, or a new manager.

It will be stupid yo sack the manager now. There is a cost assosiated with evrything and given what we are doing with the stadium and what we need to do with the squad, i really see no point in just changing the manager....its not like that will solve everything.

He has shown a lot of positives in three seasons and deserves one more.

If the players are getting too big for the manager, then may be they also need to be taught a lesson. Given thay we dont have any superstar players its a bit silly to give into thwir whims and fancies....I really hope we sell Sterling if what I read in the press is true.

*Accomodatong StevieG at various stages cost us, but in some aspects he deserved that kind of indulgence.
×The run of games in the middle when Stevie was injured showed we can still play.

What defenitwly needs to change is the people on the transfer commitee. I have not seen anything positive about it up to now.

The transfer committee won't change though.

Fsg wanted director of football & a head coach.

They then went for a halfway house to accommodate Rodgers.

Clearly, they should have either gone all in on Rodgers or rejected him, as this approach really isn't working.

Does klopp usually work under a DoF?

I've succumbed to a vacuum of Meh.

The whole club appears dead from the inside to the out, from the owners who see only profit from mediocrity, to a manager who emits a volcano of platitudinous bullshit following every setback (or interview, cringe) to a playing squad who look like they'd rather go skiing on Venus than actually give a fuck about giving an ounce of effort during the 90 minutes that they are paid around x hundred thousand a week to do.

I haven't got a fucking clue where we go from here, don't even think Klopp, Ancelotti or de Boer would be interested in working for this shower of shit.

I was in the "one more season" camp, but then I remembered, under every manager we have had, they never bounce back from a bad season. Once the knives are out, that's it, it's just a matter of time. At this point, the momentum is so negative, we would be writing off next season if we kept him. So yes, it's got so bad, I don't see him reversing momentum.

This is it, I'm officially finally saying the manager should go. I'm done with loyalty to those who aren't good enough.

Seeing how shite the top 4 are, and how mighty villa, palace, brom and hull have turned us over, he has to go

But only for a manager with a similar style, so we don't have to buy a new bloody esquad.

Rafael would be a mistake, much as I want it. Klopp seems like the best option. Maybe DeBoer? Koeman?

Was thinking De Boer would be the only realistic replacement that we could be optimistic about. Shuddered remembering Villas Boas was also linked to us at some point and might possibly be approached by FSG with their 'young and promising' model.

The worst part of this for me is that Liverpool are coming to Malaysia in 2 months time and I'm nowhere near feeling stoked about it.

His biggest problem is that he's a petty person with a big ego. He can't help but get involved in spats with his people who've been less than fulsome in their praise of him. That barb at Pepe Reina when he sent him on loan to Napoli after Pepe called Rafa the best manager he worked with? His almost sneering dismissal of critics after the initial success of the 3-4-3? Not to mention the incessant insinuations that he hadn't always agreed with our transfer strategy or purchases, or that Sturridge's injuries are in his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom