• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46538.msg1383612#msg1383612 date=1313918569]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=46538.msg1383570#msg1383570 date=1313899171]
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=46538.msg1383497#msg1383497 date=1313881561]
So you can see the similarities too then Count?

Don't you recall the same sheep creaming themselves about Riera after 2 games? He was a smart player, with a good left foot who gave us balance, and I think that's what Downing will be. I'm glad we bought him but the praise he's getting right now is just the usual horseshit.
[/quote]

Think you are well out of the dip. He wouldn't have been my first choice but I didn't bleat about him when we won the auction. Since then he's been a wolf in sheep's clothing. He has become the flock leader, taking control of midfield and now everything goes straight through him. From here on in it's all sauce. There, I've baared my soul and the wool has truly been lifted from my eyes.
[/quote]

Ewe certainly ram the point home in that post. Downing's been mint for us so far. At this rate it'll be a long time before he gets the chop.
[/quote]

LOL !

[quote author=Brizzle link=topic=46538.msg1383628#msg1383628 date=1313922241]
I think he's a good signing but I found myself getting very frustrated whenever we were attacking and a player would look left to continue the move down the wing to find no one there as Kuyt, Downing and Henderson would all be in the centre. I think it he holds his position a bit more then he really will have transformed our attack but for now I don't like how much he leaves the left flank
[/quote]

Having not really seen the game yesterday (only highlights) - was Downing actually on the left?

In the line-up graphic it showed him in the hole with Dirk wide left - anyone care to enlighten me?

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=46538.msg1383656#msg1383656 date=1313924686]
[quote author=Brizzle link=topic=46538.msg1383628#msg1383628 date=1313922241]
I think he's a good signing but I found myself getting very frustrated whenever we were attacking and a player would look left to continue the move down the wing to find no one there as Kuyt, Downing and Henderson would all be in the centre. I think it he holds his position a bit more then he really will have transformed our attack but for now I don't like how much he leaves the left flank
[/quote]

Having not really seen the game yesterday (only highlights) - was Downing actually on the left?

In the line-up graphic it showed him in the hole with Dirk wide left - anyone care to enlighten me?
[/quote]

He switched between the right flank and the left. Never played in the hole. That's where Henderson played.

Downing was on both wings and tried his hardest. Dirk or hendo should have been in the middle but neither tended to do much

didn't get a mention because suarez's pass took all the plaudits but downings run and first time shot from suarez's shot (which henderson eventually converted into a goal) was magnificent and derserved a goal.

If any deserves a goal at the moment it's Downing. Been really impressed with his overall play at the moment, an exciting signing, and a proper wide man. What a treat!

needs to stay on the left, he (downing) may be adapt at switching wings but henderson most certainly is not.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46538.msg1393516#msg1393516 date=1314979573]
didn't get a mention because suarez's pass took all the plaudits but downings run and first time shot from suarez's shot (which henderson eventually converted into a goal) was magnificent and derserved a goal.
[/quote]

Absolutely. The subtle touch he applied to the Suarez cross was very impressive and drew a great save from their 'keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom