• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliot

Yeah Modo is right. He’s inconsistent, like the rest of the team for the past 6 weeks. And he’s 20 years old.

I think I was wrong about Elliott. He’s having some storming matches and hopefully will get better with age.

Inconsistent.
Absolutely. Consistent 21 year olds are fucking rare as anything though.

For me, we've bought a 10, loaned him out as a rw for a year, had a year out with injury, to the convert him to an 8, then this year klopps had him in and out the side. Are we surprised he's been inconsistent?

Make him a 10, free him of some defensive responsibility (like covering for Trent) and the lad will shine. He's got the lot.

Inconsistent.
He's no less consistent than a few other more experienced players, who the majority on here champion and have championed previously. The constant chopping and changing in the side (and injuries) have helped no one. When have we really had a settled backline, midfield or attack this year? He's covered for Salah, he's played ahead of a defensively awful right back and he's been dropped to the bench more often than not for Szobo who has been just as frustrating and up and down form wise.

Next season is a big one for him, he has all the attributes to play that central role, he just needs a consistent run and a bit more belief to try things in the final third. It'll be interesting to see what Slot does with those players who haven't really found their "best" role under Klopp - Trent, Elliott, Gapko, etc.

He's no less consistent than a few other more experienced players, who the majority on here champion and have championed previously. The constant chopping and changing in the side (and injuries) have helped no one. When have we really had a settled backline, midfield or attack this year? He's covered for Salah, he's played ahead of a defensively awful right back and he's been dropped to the bench more often than not for Szobo who has been just as frustrating and up and down form wise.

Next season is a big one for him, he has all the attributes to play that central role, he just needs a consistent run and a bit more belief to try things in the final third. It'll be interesting to see what Slot does with those players who haven't really found their "best" role under Klopp - Trent, Elliott, Gapko, etc.
Yes there's some extenuating circumstances with regards to Elliott but the way he's inconsistent compared to others is that it's very noticeable. His lows are very low.
In one game he'll look like he should be playing for England and in the next he looks like he isn't built for the Prem. I've seen him get bullied by players on the pitch and it's not a good look.

Some like Trent could have stinkers too but they've got tons of credit in the bank.

I don't think it's possible to not "chop and change" a team constantly, unless there's no Europe.

If you try not to do it, you'll have to do it anyway.

I don't think it's possible to not "chop and change" a team constantly, unless there's no Europe.

If you try not to do it, you'll have to do it anyway.

Especially when we have players like Konate, Jota and increasingly Mo who needs their minutes managed

We also have Fábio Carvalho as a potential 10 - same age. He's been an ever present for Hull since January, scoring 9 goals plus 2 assists

Back
Top Bottom