• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliot

I got the impression we were taking much more shots this season.

Maybe @King Binny can shed some light.

We are the 1st (in Europe) for no. of shots, 2nd for shots/90mins (behind Bayern Munich).

Untitled.jpg

I got the impression we were taking much more shots this season.

Maybe @King Binny can shed some light.
i'm talking more shots from distance. I'm under no illusions we've shot more as we've created more. Seems our average shot distance is 17.7 according to that site. Personally, i'd like to think that thats mainly down to nunez madness and trent screaming "gerraaaaard" in his head in the first half of the season

i'm talking more shots from distance. I'm under no illusions we've shot more as we've created more. Seems our average shot distance is 17.7 according to that site. Personally, i'd like to think that thats mainly down to nunez madness and trent screaming "gerraaaaard" in his head in the first half of the season
I think the majority of our shots this season came at home against United, when EVERYONE thought they were Gerrard.

Heartbroken for him for the fourth goal. That’ll haunt him for a while.

He’s been simply outstanding this season.

Honestly feel like he should be a nailed on starter for us at this point

Oh? In what position then?

RCM. Him and macca ahead of endo. Szob is off form, Jones favours left side, gravy is apathetic, gakpo shouldn't play there.

He's (at the moment) the best option for me. Work rate, creativity, already knows how to link with Salah, would run through walls for us

I understand the arguments that he's quite one footed and weak in the challenge; but I've not seen anything from anyone else to think he should be dropped. The lads a pressing monster, and with Macca that's a tasty pincer

Maybe. But that was also the position he played early in the season, when he was not doing well. Our midfield was overrun then.

Not convinced me once when he has started, have my doubts whether he’ll ever come good enough. He’s best being brought on against tired legs where he’s able to use his energy and stamina to his advantage. When it’s a level playing field, suddenly he has to find a new way to show himself and he hasn’t quite been able to find that yet.

Maybe. But that was also the position he played early in the season, when he was not doing well. Our midfield was overrun then.
Our midfield was overrun, but that was with macca in the 6 and also struggling a little.

Elliott at his best works perfectly in triangles, but with the inversion, there's less interplay down the flank, where a lot of our good work used to come from. For example, the united game, he was arguably the only who was willing to do a quick 1-2 on the flank in to the box to exploit space behind. Salah just ran headfirst at people (and failed) and diaz did similar. Quick direct football destabilises defences more than most other ways of build up, and thats where harvey excels.

In a wonderful world, he'd be a 10 and weave lovely interplays with the forwards. At RAM/RCM he's basically at the behest of salah (who isn't the same as he once was) and if he's lucky bradley (as trents cut inside to invert)

i'm more than willing to cut the lad slack, because he doesn't hide, and he always gives his all. He's also willing to take risks, and based o nthe passing percentages they usually work. If he had a slight bit more bulk on him, and less noodles on his head, the lad would be a fucking superstar

He has improved, but is actually a 10. Not quite good enough to be a ten, nor a central mid for me, due to being a midget.

He has improved, but is actually a 10. Not quite good enough to be a ten, nor a central mid for me, due to being a midget.
If we played with a 10, I think we'd see a difference from him.

RCM. Him and macca ahead of endo. Szob is off form, Jones favours left side, gravy is apathetic, gakpo shouldn't play there.

He's (at the moment) the best option for me. Work rate, creativity, already knows how to link with Salah, would run through walls for us

I understand the arguments that he's quite one footed and weak in the challenge; but I've not seen anything from anyone else to think he should be dropped. The lads a pressing monster, and with Macca that's a tasty pincer
He was absolute dog shite vs Atalanta hence why he was dragged off at HT. So how does that deserve a starting position? I'm very happy with him coming on to keep up the tempo but not starting.

He was absolute dog shite vs Atalanta hence why he was dragged off at HT. So how does that deserve a starting position? I'm very happy with him coming on to keep up the tempo but not starting.
Because thats still better than what his substitute provided, which was to gift a third goal and play like dog shite.

He shouldn't have been dragged off at half time. It's just easy for klopp to take off a 21 year old who cost 6m, and replace him with a 60m 22year old.

He has quiet a few chances to start and not been as good as he has been when he had come on from the bench. I would still keep Szbo on the right.
But szobs had quite a few chances to start, and still not been good enough either.

Because thats still better than what his substitute provided, which was to gift a third goal and play like dog shite.

He shouldn't have been dragged off at half time. It's just easy for klopp to take off a 21 year old who cost 6m, and replace him with a 60m 22year old.
Of course he should. Read the match thread. Fact is Szobo is in a little bit of a slump (post injury so can be afforded time) but his ceiling is world class. I like Elliott but he's not at that level. Yet.

Of course he should. Read the match thread. Fact is Szobo is in a little bit of a slump (but he's coming beck from injury so can be afforded time) but his ceiling is world class. I like Elliott but he's not at that level. Yet.
i watched the game, i don't need to read the match thread. Szob can be afforded time to come back from injury, but we should allow it now? At the crunch time, "its ok boys, we finished third but everyone got match fit and form by the penultimate game"

Its fucking irrelevant. It's do or die NOW

Jota comes on against atalanta and immediately looked more lively than the rest of the attack. He doesn't need match fitness?

Its a bollocks excuse for certain players underperforming. Its a mentality issue, as clearly the medical team wouldn't have allowed to participate in training, let alone a game if they weren't fully fit

If some of these players are playing within themselves or reserved, now is not the fucking time, so they should be dropped

Endo, Macca and Elliott was the midfield 3 that dominated Man City last time we played them. That’s much more important than what happened early in the season.

i watched the game, i don't need to read the match thread. Szob can be afforded time to come back from injury, but we should allow it now? At the crunch time, "its ok boys, we finished third but everyone got match fit and form by the penultimate game"

Its fucking irrelevant. It's do or die NOW

Jota comes on against atalanta and immediately looked more lively than the rest of the attack. He doesn't need match fitness?

Its a bollocks excuse for certain players underperforming. Its a mentality issue, as clearly the medical team wouldn't have allowed to participate in training, let alone a game if they weren't fully fit

If some of these players are playing within themselves or reserved, now is not the fucking time, so they should be dropped
Well there's something to that. Yes.

However Mac, Endo, Jones (another one slow to get up to speed when returning) Elliott and Szobo all had shite games (OK average for any other human by Mac), it was our whole midfield.

So I just can't see why Elliott deserves to start. And there's always the potential that the next game will be the one Szobo reforms to top form and wows us. More so than Vault Boy anyway.

Is it? One game versus something like 8+

Some think he shits golden eggs, I just don't agree.

Well there's something to that. Yes.

However Mac, Endo, Jones (another one slow to get up to speed when returning) Elliott and Szobo all had shite games (OK average for any other human by Mac), it was our whole midfield.

So I just can't see why Elliott deserves to start. And there's always the potential that the next game will be the one Szobo reforms to top form and wows us. More so than Vault Boy anyway.

Who knows and time will tell. Szob hstarted amazingly, got injured and struggled to make an impact (starting or off the bench). Elliott has started games poorly, but is usually one of the reasons we pick up points when he comes on as a sub.

If we're going off potential, then yes, szobs ceiling is higher. But this second right now we're looking for performances from players, and there's a few who aren't giving it. Szob at the moment is sloppier than Elliott.

If szob starts, has a stormer tomorrow then that's more than fair enough. I would be very surprised though. Equally, if Elliott starts, I wouldn't expect him to run the show; but I'd expect him to offer more than szob at the moment

Back
Top Bottom