• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs India

Haha, i wouldn't miss Blowers, Boycott on the other hand, i love listening to him, knows his shit and he tells it how it is, probably in a minority there ; )

I didn't like Boycott in his batting days, but I really like him on TMS. Classic Yorkshireman: "I say what I like and I like what I say."

Lol...Dhoni is a walking wicket in these conditions.

Bhuvneshwar and Ashwin look more like batsmen than Dhoni and Jadeja manage to do...

I can't see England making a big score on this wicket. I put £10 on India at 11/2 during the tea interval.

Really good knock from Rahane.

Not surprised. The volume of runs he has scored in domestic cricket is incredible...same with Pujara. Hope he can keep going like this.

Great innings from Rahane. Jimmy Anderson's c & b to dismiss him was a smart piece of cricket.

Cookie needs to return to County cricket and work on his batting technique. At the moment we are going into test matches with effectively 10 men.

Not sure about his CC form but Compton should be allowed another crack at it, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth how he was treated.

Cook probably needs a break from all cricket, go and get away from it and refresh the mind.

Cookie needs to return to County cricket and work on his batting technique. At the moment we are going into test matches with effectively 10 men.

Yes. It's just painful now to watch. Personally I'd give the captaincy to Root and let him grow into the job.

Stuart Broad could make a good captain in my opinion. Admittedly he is abrasive but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Abrasiveness seems to be part of the job description for Australian captains!

Who's gonna win then?

Its that same old (but true) line about the next session being crucial ain't it?

England to chase down 260 odd and win by 3/4 wickets.

It's a tricky one to call isn't it? I would guess that the Indians will end up with a bigger lead than England were hoping for and England will be faced with the dilemma of whether to go for the runs, or bat out for a draw. Cook isn't adventurous in those situations.

But it could all work out completely differently! England might rip through the Indian order in the morning and cruise to an easy win.

Wonderful first test as captain from Amla - the young De Kock (whom I mentioned last year) seems to be developing into quite a player for SA on the ODI level, and for his first test, he was pretty solid too (9 catches and some great work with the bat). Steyn as usual was great (9 wickets) and Elgar replaced Smithy with style (a century). It's a big win for SA.

Oh well, at least the ECB now has a happy dressing room. Well done, Downton and Co, you might have made the team even worse but at least there are no bad apples in the squad. Just a whole lot of shite ones.

After Root and Ali had given England the sniff of a win with their sensible batting before the lunch interval, Prior, Stokes and Broad throw their wickets away thrashing at short balls thus falling into a glaringly obvious trap set by Dhoni.

I don't know what goes through their heads. I do think they must be a bit thick.

I'd get Buttler in for Prior straight away. I'd sack Cook altogether and get Morgan in as captain even though his county form isn't too good. And I would get another fast bowler in for Stokes who can't now claim to be an all-rounder.

Peter Moores was babbling away like a mad thing afterwards, saying how Cook was the right man for the long term. It's not as if Cook's shown any nous in the field, he's just reacted to events and consistently chased the ball. They need to put the poor bloke out of his misery.

Peter Moores was babbling away like a mad thing afterwards, saying how Cook was the right man for the long term. It's not as if Cook's shown any nous in the field, he's just reacted to events and consistently chased the ball. They need to put the poor bloke out of his misery.

Agreed. As a captain he is no better than adequate. And he's not scoring runs. It's a no-brainer. I hope the ECB don't just take the captaincy away from him and leave him opening the batting. I just don't believe that this would lead to a repeat of his multiple centuries.

Someone on the radio was suggesting Chris Read as wicketkeeper/captain at least for the short term. I'd have thought that ship had sailed myself, but what do others reckon?

I am so glad this has blown up in the face of the ECB, so glad, i do have sympathy for the young new players though, they have been thrown into a shambolic situation and at the lowest point English cricket has been for a long old time, they have done really well considering.

If those bunch of patronising arrogant suited cunts had actually addressed the real problems after Oz instead of pinning the blame on one of Englands best players of the last 20/30 years then we wouldn't be in this utter clusterfuck of a mess.

Cook cuts such a tragic uninspiring clueless figure, everyone can see it, all his team mates know it as well although of course they wouldn't admit that in public, instead we are continually patronised with these fucking tedious ECB scripted lines, anyone hear Farbrace saying there are no issues with the senior players and nothing to worry about? unbelievably patronising to us fans, the endless stream of shite like that is why its impossible to wish the team well, its a complete and utter cuntfest.

Apologies for the language but its true, the England set up is full to the brim with cretinous cunts.

Also David Saker? wtf is he still doing stinking the place out? this bloke has failed miserably in his job for long enough now and should have been gone 6 months ago.

Don't worry though, Peter Moores is the best coach of his generation don't you know? the dressing room is a happy place now and Cook has the right sort of family we want from an England captain, all this is far more important than winning games of cricket.

Damn you really could go on and on and on, what a mess, a self inflicted mess most of it, don't mess it up now India, keep going and really lay the boot in please!

Someone on the radio was suggesting Chris Read as wicketkeeper/captain at least for the short term. I'd have thought that ship had sailed myself, but what do others reckon?

I agree. It would be such short-term as to be pretty pointless.

I wouldn't blame Peter Moores. The England setup had been royally fucked up by Andy Flower and Moores is reaping the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom