• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Monday 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine looking over at the bench with twenty minutes to go and seeing this lot:

Roy-Hodgson.jpg
Nail on head-alert.

Oh and Rooney has come out saying it's 'down to bad luck - we played well', and he will probably be backed in his sentiments from all who wants to keep their job and power intact within the FA.

Someone has to wake the fuck up and tell these players, managers, FA and whom else who might actually want to listen, that it has NOTHING to do with luck at all, that England time and time again fail to deliver at the big stage.

PS How amazingly thick is Rooney btw, coming out with a statement like that after having played probably by far the worst game of his career? Bad luck, played well? Obviously you did.

Last edited:
Really? Like Everton would celebrate if we lost something? Yeah, really admirable, if you like small time teams and small time mentalities.

They have a population of fuck all, and have got further than a neighbour who are meant to be a big deal in world football. Go crazy I say.
To be fair, they are only celebrating like I did when the final whistle went last night.

I was openly cheering Iceland on, I like them, they're underdogs. I hate the FA, their players and their manager, they're all cunts. Fortunately the fans were too suicidal to contemplate the worst mistake of their life by taking a swing at the best god damn lawyer in the city. I almost felt sorry for them.

Colin Murray, supposedly an LFC fan, is now pondering on the radio why Hodgson suddenly changed before the tournament into an arrogant and negative manager who talks nonsense. Does he have some kind of memory problem? Weird little bloke who gets weirder by the day on TalkSport.

About a team you profess not to be at all bothered about. Will you be buying the DVD? Closet bluenose!

Sorry, I'll be clearer. I am bothered by them in as much as I hope they lose every match they ever play. I hate their players, their fans, their band, their bosses and their supporters. Apart from that they're ok I suppose.
No one buys DVDs anymore granddad. It's all about streaming, yo!

Really? Like Everton would celebrate if we lost something? Yeah, really admirable, if you like small time teams and small time mentalities.
The amount of people on here who laugh and celebrate the misfortune of United surely means we're a small time team then?

Pretty sure some of our players in the past would have been elated if United lost as well

It's the nature of sport. You revel in your rivals misfortune

England got what they deserved.

And can someone please explain to me why the fuck Wayne Rooney is playing in a midfield 3?

I think he is a fantastic centre forward but if he not going to play in that position then he should be on the bench, not in a midfield 3.

What's the point in that?

He offers absolutely nothing in midfield - does absolutely nothing more than collect and play the simple pass.

What does he offer in midfield that other midfielders not select dont?

Sorry, I'll be clearer. I am bothered by them in as much as I hope they lose every match they ever play. I hate their players, their fans, their band, their bosses and their supporters. Apart from that they're ok I suppose.
No one buys DVDs anymore granddad. It's all about streaming, yo!

Sounds very sad to me. If I don't care about something I block it out and enjoy something else.

Nail on head-alert.

Oh and Rooney has come out saying it's 'down to bad luck - we played well', and he will probably be backed in his sentiments from all who wants to keep their job and power intact within the FA.

Someone has to wake the fuck up and tell these players, managers, FA and whom else who might actually want to listen, that it has NOTHING to do with luck at all, that England time and time again fail to deliver at the big stage.

PS How amazingly thick is Rooney btw, coming out with a statement like that after having played probably by far the worst game of his career? Bad luck, played well? Obviously you did.

If you walk up to Rooney and take a closer look you'll find a ring of Velcro round his neck holding his head on. Regardless of his ability (which is now on the Wayne anyway) the fact that he's England captain is an embarrassment in its own right.

The amount of people on here who laugh and celebrate the misfortune of United surely means we're a small time team then?

Nope, that's considered your equal and rival. And actually, don't include me. I never get the obsession with other clubs. I enjoy my club doing well. Mourinho has encouraged the opposite - he doesn't enjoy winning so much as seeing his opponent lose. Arsenal fans are the same. I don't get it at all. I want my team to win, I hate it when we lose, but I couldn't care less about the other team. Some fans sound like jilted husbands forever monitoring what their ex-wife is up to and praying something bad happens, whilst insisting they're over it. It's not at all healthy and it's very pathetic.

Nope, that's considered your equal and rival. And actually, don't include me. I never get the obsession with other clubs. I enjoy my club doing well. Mourinho has encouraged the opposite - he doesn't enjoy winning so much as seeing his opponent lose. Arsenal fans are the same. I don't get it at all. I want my team to win, I hate it when we lose, but I couldn't care less about the other team. Some fans sound like jilted husbands forever monitoring what their ex-wife is up to and praying something bad happens, whilst insisting they're over it. It's not at all healthy and it's very pathetic.

I enjoy it when Everton, United and Chelsea lose. And City.

And Arsenal. And Spurs....actually everyone really.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I do enjoy them losing but it's neither here nor there compared with us winning. If the Mancs or Everton winning a particular game is key to us winning something, I'm not going to hope they lose then.

While I enjoy seeing the likes of United and Chelsea lose it goes a bit far at times. There was one prick on here during the 13-14 season shouting for City at Old Trafford when we were neck and neck at the top with them because Man United losing was as important as us winning. It was pathetic.

While I enjoy seeing the likes of United and Chelsea lose it goes a bit far at times. There was one prick on here during the 13-14 season shouting for City at Old Trafford when we were neck and neck at the top with them because Man United losing was as important as us winning. It was pathetic.

Innit. Regrettably no club is immune from Idiot Supporter Syndrome.

And can someone please explain to me why the fuck Wayne Rooney is playing in a midfield 3?

I think he is a fantastic centre forward but if he not going to play in that position then he should be on the bench, not in a midfield 3.

He offers absolutely nothing in midfield - does absolutely nothing more than collect and play the simple pass.

Nothing.

Why did England select a captain who clearly wouldn't / shouldn't be a started for much longer when they have the mentality that the big name captain has to start.

Creates these unnecessary problems.

So, say for example, Everton are playing in a semi-final or final, you have no preference or interest in whether they win or lose?

These days, since Hillsborough, I've no appetite for the derby or any of the stuff that goes with it. I guess I'd prefer Everton not to win, but that's it. And even that would be more about relief than pleasure. The fashion for crowing about other clubs' defeats and other fans' sorrow, I honestly don't get it or like it. Sure, there are times when the worst culprits, such as gooners, intrude so much into my view I do respond to them, but that's a weakness. I really don't like schadenfreude.

More pertinently, why was he only deciding to play Rooney in midfield when we started the tournament? The fact that Hodge was still trying to figure out what his team was and how they were going to play by the time the first game came around is pretty incompetent. But not surprising, really.

He did, once, play a brilliant through ball that Ashley Young scored a goal from against somebody.

Roy-Hodgson.jpg

Neville: 'If only I had my special Sky touchscreen here. I could've solved this mess in a minute. Just tap on Rooney, put a white tracker on Alli, put a red circle around Sturridge...'

At the time Iceland’s second goal went in, England had faced five shots and conceded four goals in the tournament, with Hart at fault for two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom