• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Monday 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't it come out that Rodgers was approached at some stage for the England job but had no interest

Ratings:

Hart - 2. Allowing that goal is not the mark of a top goalkeeper. Won't last the year with Pep.

Walker - 2 - shite.
Smalling - 5 - one of England's best players
Cahill - 5 - see Smalling
Rose - 2 - shite.

Dier - 2 - shite
Alli - 2 - shite
Rooney - 0 - worse than shite
Sterling - 3 - won a penalty, booed again and I hope every single fucking young player at small clubs like Liverpool look at Sterling as an example of why you don't listen to fucking twat managers who only look after $$$.

Studge - 2 - shite
Kane - 0 - worse than shite.

Wilshere - 0 - shouldn't even be at the tournament. Shouldn't be on the pitch ahead of Milner.
Vardy - 5 - for effort.
Rashford - 6 - MoTM. More problems caused to the Icelandic defense in 5 minutes of trying than every single English player combined in 90 minutes.

I'm embarassed, and I'm not even English.
That was one of the most pathetic, gutless, cowardly displays I've ever seen from a team. I hope this fucks up all those Spurs players beyond repair.
I actually thought Alli was ok (relatively speaking). He was at least trying - making runs, closing down, looking to play the ball fucking forward. But, when 1 one of 3 midfielders are doing anything of merit, you are going to look shite.

I think Kane is the same.

Kane's weird. I still think he could be very good, but it's as if he read a scrapbook of match reports before he went out to France and decided he was indeed that bloke who always shot really, really early no matter where he was on the pitch. Bizarre.

I actually thought Alli was ok (relatively speaking). He was at least trying - making runs, closing down, looking to play the ball fucking forward. But, when 1 one of 3 midfielders are doing anything of merit, you are going to look shite.

Maybe I'm being harsh but he's meant to be the key attacking mid - and the player who was so good for Spurs was not even half that player. Drek.

Hopefully the next manager can see that Kyle Walker is 1 per cent pace and 99 per cent shite. Pissed me off during the tournamnet how much praise he was getting regardless of none of his crosses finding an England shirt. Talentless cunt.
In Clyne's 1 game he was miles better.

Hopefully the next manager doesn't try and 'fit' Rooney into the team. Or have square pegs in round holes.

Hopefully the next manager has a formation and sticks to it.

What was the point of taking Ross Barkley if you're not going to give him any playing time at all. He might not have had a great season for the blueshite but i reckon he would have been a site better than fucking Wilshere.

Here they go with the tired players winter break pish
If they do thats a fucking laugh

Wilshere had a whole season break
Rashford only started 'playing' in the final quarter of the season
The Spurs players all took the final 3 games off.

What was the point of taking Ross Barkley if you're not going to give him any playing time at all. He might not have had a great season for the blueshite but i reckon he would have been a site better than fucking Wilshere.
Milner had a fucking stormer of a season, setting up scoring twenty goals, yet gets zero minutes.

If they do thats a fucking laugh

Wilshere had a whole season break
Rashford only started 'playing' in the final quarter of the season
The Spurs players all took the final 3 games off.

It was suggested by the ITV guy and rejected by everyone, but Roy seemed to escape a lot of criticism like a magic malaise overcame every player.

Hart has always peed me off. He has this chest out, head up, sgt major pose, but he's a wimp. He loves to do the post match 'I'm the big man who'll come out and take the flak' - it would be better if he actually played consistently well. Butland has such a better attitude. And he's a better keeper.
You forgot belting out 'God Save the Queen' twice as loud as anyone to prove just how passionate he is.

You forgot belting out 'God Save the Queen' twice as loud as anyone to prove just how passionate he is.
I don't mind that.. Our Rugby players put the Football players to shame. Its the meek ones who mumble the words who piss me off. Your getting paid millions a year yet you can't put your heart intomthe national anthem. Poor

Hart is a moron. He did it again, he came out after the games and basically said everyone was great but they didn't have the luck. Then he acknowledged he made a couple of mistakes, as if that candour deserved applause. It's like employing a plumber who meets you at the end of the day, soaked through, saying, 'I made an error, but I'm big enough to admit it'. Then you hire him again and the same thing happens. He's worse than a moron. He's a proud and pompous moron.

Last edited:
I don't mind that.. Our Rugby players put the Football players to shame. Its the meek ones who mumble the words who piss me off. Your getting paid millions a year yet you can't put your heart intomthe national anthem. Poor

This may be controversial but it's a fucking shit national anthem. Why should the National anthem be about one person, particularly when that person has inhereted a life of extreme wealth and privelege and has nothing in common with most English people?

England going out shouldn't surprise; they're a really bad side. They created nothing in 4 games, and never looked like a team with a solid enough structure or rhythm to their game to trouble anyone. It's always the same; no ability to manage games effectively.

Anyway, enough of that.

Whoever the fuck those two centre backs for Iceland were deserve to have statues made in honour of them. What performances. Won everything thrown at them, batted away top forwards, and threw themselves into everything. Even in the final minutes they still didn't look like they'd be defeated. Imagine you're one of those blokes and you've just beaten England to get to the quarter final of the biggest tournament of your life. Immense.

That's what football's about.

My wifi stopped working today so I went the bar for this. Fucking hell. Loads of England shirts. I even knew some of them. Some of them were Scousers. Fucking hell.

My wifi stopped working today so I went the bar for this. Fucking hell. Loads of England shirts. I even knew some of them. Some of them were Scousers. Fucking hell.

Imagination in the final third (lack of) - could not help thinking about Liverpool's season and how hard it was with all the pressing to break down the 10 men defense teams we came up against. They just don't teach movement in that England side, there is only one way to break through teams like that and that is to attack with pace when the opposition defense is slightly out of position which it was on a number of occasions but we started passing backwards in those instances which gives them time to re-group. Really disappointing with all that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom