• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you waiting for? Quick tell us everything there is to know about Florian Neuhuas and Joško Gvardiol. Now!!

What about Goretzka? Coman?? Are they coming to Liverpool? Baumgartner? Brandt? Is Taiwo Aiwonyi any good???

Neuhaus is a no brainer from my side. Player with high upside, not to expensive, and you will always be able to sell him again.

No too familiar with the first league in Croatia. The others are okay but I just would go for Goretzka if you want the get the best players. But do you know Sascha Mölders? A machine and the best striker in the 3. Bundesliga (and he even has a beer belly but scores like no one else). I would go for him!

211743812_4597985096925784_4233058392625161722_n.jpg

England vs Denmark

Firstly I don't think that the Eriksen incident will have any bearing whatsoever on this game. Once underway it won't even be a thought in their heads. Note also that Denmark have played 3 games at home so, like England, have had an advantage. Now however they'll be at Wembley with 59,000 English fans raising the sound level.

I see in some quarters people pointing out that England failed to beat Denmark in two matches during the Nations cup last year. 0-0 in Copenhagen and losing 0-1 at Wembley but that was with 10 men after 30 mins and conceding a penalty. Also of course with Eriksen and England are certainly now performing at a much higher level.

I can't see Delaney and Pierre-Emile Højbjerg winning the midfield without Eriksen and we saw the Czechs running that midfield after changing their formation at HT. England should do the same as their midfield is much stronger than that of the Danes. The Danish defence can be got at too, the Czechs were winning a good amount of headers, give the same amount of opportunities to Kane, Maguire and Stones and England will score from them.

The Danish strength is in their FBs (WBs) in Mæhle & Waas but I can see their effectiveness being limited up against Sancho or Saka & Walker on one side and Trippier and Sterling on the other. As for Germany and Ukraine, having to contain Sterling and Saka/Sancho meant less opportunity for their FBs to go forward, and that could be same for Denmark, more especially if they are losing the midfield battle.

I haven't seen many weaknesses in this English side. Maybe Mæhle vs. Walker if Mæhle can evade Saka/Sancho but Walker's pace usually gets him out of his occasional lapses. When considering the strength in depth to come off the bench for England it's going to be very very tough for the Danes (who also had a much more energy sapping match vs an energetic Czech Rep. than England's vs. Ukraine) to maintain their levels.

It would be a shock if England were to lose this, maybe Denmark will score but 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 to England is a more likely final score.

Yeah England should win... they bore the opposition to sleep then pounce on the counter attack.

2-0
Lol thats what my wife said in a round about way...its Englands greatest gift as a football team. But i cannot help and think back to thats how we Liverpool played in some of our games to win the title, all that passing at the back....

Lol thats what my wife said in a round about way...its Englands greatest gift as a football team. But i cannot help and think back to thats how we Liverpool played in some of our games to win the title, all that passing at the back....
Yeah, my wife also complains that I bore her to sleep & then pounce on the counter attack.

Chiesa scores after a great break by the Italians.
1-0 Italy but Spain should be ahead just since ... tons of chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom