• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

European Games 12th-14th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant - if we win Europa League and get automatic qualification - does that mean if we finish top 4, another team gets in?

Or would that only apply if we finish outside the top 4.
In that situation, the extra CL place goes to the team finishing third in the fifth-ranked league in Europe (currently France) so the extra place doesn't go to another PL team. That team gets automatic qualification for the League stage, where currently they have to play a qualifier.
In theory, 7 teams could qualify in 2024-25:
Top 4
Team in 5th (if England finishes with1st or 2nd highest national co-efficient)
Winners of EL and Conference League (if they are not in the top 5).

Both United really didn’t help the PL’s cause, a bit pants having won one game each. City and Arsenal will now clean up the TV money. Is this England’s worst CL performance at this stage since Everton managed to get battered in both early rounds in CL and Uefa cup in 2005?

Both United really didn’t help the PL’s cause, a bit pants having won one game each. City and Arsenal will now clean up the TV money. Is this England’s worst CL performance at this stage since Everton managed to get battered in both early rounds in CL and Uefa cup in 2005?
It depends on Arse and City. And I'd think both will go deep deep into the tournament, both semis at least. And that'll be good enough for 5 CL shots. Especially if we do very well too.

Utd set some kind of English record for goals conceded in the group stages I think.

In that situation, the extra CL place goes to the team finishing third in the fifth-ranked league in Europe (currently France) so the extra place doesn't go to another PL team. That team gets automatic qualification for the League stage, where currently they have to play a qualifier.
In theory, 7 teams could qualify in 2024-25:
Top 4
Team in 5th (if England finishes with1st or 2nd highest national co-efficient)
Winners of EL and Conference League (if they are not in the top 5).
Winners of Conf League goes into Europa no? So theoretical 6 unless they changed that

Winners of Conf League goes into Europa no? So theoretical 6 unless they changed that
I read an article that said they went into the CL but Europa would make more sense. I think they were just speculating because they thought all bets were off next year because if the format changes.

I read an article that said they went into the CL but Europa would make more sense. I think they were just speculating because they thought all bets were off next year because if the format changes.
Well West Ham are in EL this season

The first four to drop into Europa League to play off with the 2nd place clubs are:
  • Galatasaray
  • Lens
  • Sporting Braga
  • Benfica
Tomorrow the second lot of four will be:
  • Feynoord
  • Newcastle/PSG/Milan
  • Young Boys
  • Porto/Shaktar
So Shaktar and AC Milan are the final two to drop down into the EL play-offs

• Galatasaray
  • Lens
  • Sporting Braga
  • Benfica
  • Feyenoord
  • AC Milan
  • Young Boys
  • Shaktar Donetsk

FYI, the 2nd placed teams in the EL groups will play the CL drop outs.

The winner of those ties will play the winner of the EL groups.

So basically.
Milan could be drawn against Toulouse.
The winner of that game will play us.

So basically.

Gonna be some tasty ties, a lot of 50/50s, I'm hoping for something like this;

Milan v Brighton
Feyenoord v Rangers
Lens v Freiburg
Sporting v Galatasaray
Young Boys v Toulouse
Braga v Villarreal
Shakhtar v Qarabag
Benfica v Roma

Then in last 16 Liverpool v winners of Young Boys/Toulouse or Lens/Freiburg

So 1/2 the groups done

Straight through

• Bayer Leverkeusen
  • Liverpool
  • Slavia Prague
  • Rennes
Into the play-offs
  • Quarabag
  • Toulouse
  • Roma
  • Villareal

As it stands 22 of 24 teams have made it through. The only side left to be confirmed is group C....which 2 of Betis, Rangers & Sparta will it be?

So basically.

Not quite. The Round of 16 is drawn with the 8 EL group winners seeded and the 8 play-off winners unseeded. It’s the last round where you can’t play your own country

Not quite. The Round of 16 is drawn with the 8 EL group winners seeded and the 8 play-off winners unseeded. It’s the last round where you can’t play your own country
I fail to see what I wrote that was wrong?

Did anyone know if you hit the post/bar from a direct free kick/pen without the keeping making a save or the ball being deflecting and it rebounds straight back to you, a free kick is awarded to the other side?

Incredibly rare occurrence which saw Rennes' last min equaliser ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom