• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea want to sign Caicedo from Brighton, we want to sign Caicedo from Brighton.

Brighton want to sign Colwill from Chelsea, we want want to sign Colwill from Chelsea.

Yeah, can't see this ending well for us unfortunately
Yep, unless Colwill doesn't want to join Brighton

Chelsea want to sign Caicedo from Brighton, we want to sign Caicedo from Brighton.

Brighton want to sign Colwill from Chelsea, we want want to sign Colwill from Chelsea.

Yeah, can't see this ending well for us unfortunately
Yeah I guess when you put it tha…..*Enters Al Watfifack with a 150m bid for both players.

He may wanna go back….but not in preference over a move to us.
He has categorically stated 'he wants to be first choice and play regularly'.

Brighton gives him that.

Us? I'm not so sure. He'd only come here because he's a fan.

He has categorically stated 'he wants to be first choice and play regularly'.

Brighton gives him that.

Us? I'm not so sure. He'd only come here because he's a fan.
He wasn’t a regular at Brighton though was he?

That’s still a big enough incentive, if he joins us he knows after a few years he’ll be the best defender in the league….what will he go to Brighton for when after a few years there he’ll probably be at a club like Liverpool anyway. We are gonna potentially play with 3 CB’s next season.

That fast?
The message basically says, "the deal is done, Fabs to Al-Ittihad"

Saudis: here's £40 mill

LFC:

bite-finger-bite.gif

Fabinho and Henderson both leaving will be a bit much I have to say.
If both go we ain’t winning the league next season so why not bed in the new brigade in a season of transition. Top 4 and a crack at the league in 24/25. Klopp 2.0

If these reports are true, it's stick or twist time. I'm inclined to twist.

We've all bemoaned how we've hung on to declining stars for too long, and this is ultimately going to be a season (or two) of transition. Fabinho and Henderson were both woeful last season, and while they may not be as bad this season, they're basically in decline, and neither has the legs for a Klopp midfield any more. So let's say goodbye to the last golden era and usher in a new one.
Once upon a time a rival sold three stars of their team in the same window and were told you can’t win anything with kids. Those kids won the double beating us in the FA Cup final.

Bit ah both Larry, don’t think there’s a position up top or in midfield he hasn’t played other than DM.

He can play on the wings, as a #10, second striker or an #8.

We’ve been linked to too many not to. Honestly would be happy with Ndidi or Adams, doesn’t need to be anyone flashy, just someone who’s got a bit about them physically, aggressive in the duels (aerially and on the ground) and tidy on the ball.

So if Hendo, Fabs and Thiago all went, our MFs would be

MacAllister
Curtis
Elliott
Bajcetic
Hungarian

Am I missing anyone?

Definitely a couple light that. Numbers and experience.

I'm not dead set against offloading all 3 but I hope there's a plan in place to get a couple of beauties in. 1 hard bastard and 1 baller.

MacAllister
Curtis
Elliott
Bajcetic
Hungarian

Am I missing anyone?

I'm not dead set against offloading all 3 but I hope there's a plan in place to get a couple of beauties in. 1 hard bastard and 1 baller.

Tyler Morton 😀

The Hungarian

Am I missing anyone?

Corrected

Yep, sell.

His legs have gone and he needs a player next to him. Now we have two new 8's we simply shouldn't be forced to persist with the inverted fullback position to give his slow legs some support. It should be a tactical option and weapon, but not a cover-up for Fabinhos decline.

We're getting back what we paid and have extracted what we needed. It may get messy in the short term, but you have to trust your recruitment to get right.

We missed the boat on gradually transitioning our midfield by handing out contract extensions to both Fabinho and Henderson and buying Thiago. Fairly confident all three on near 200K in wages and as a collective are not worth 600k per week. To be fair to the club, no one saw the Fabinho deterioration coming.

Lot of people to integrate if even two of Fabinho, Hendo, and Thiago leave but we have the best person to handle that challenge.

I know he had a horror show last season but there was a time when he was one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Ahead of anyone else in midfield.

A monster in the middle of the park with telescopic legs breaking up attacks, beautiful weighted passes over the top and the odd thunderbolt into the back of the net.

The dismissive comments in the thread so far seem a tad.. unfair. He was an integral part of our recent success.

I think the whole team suffered from the physical and mental strain that the "quadruple" season ultimately weighed on the team and the failures of it.

I will be said to see him go. It's been sad to see this team being dismantled overall, but I guess that's just my blind sentiment.

You haven’t read the script, this is a one time offer they we can’t refuse apparently. We can sell our 3 dud midfielders for 50m and sign a raw 19yr old who was so amazing his team got relegated. What could go wrong…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom