• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabs might come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here's what he said to the u21 Boss:

"Being in the Under-21s no longer brings any benefit," Jorge replied when he was asked for some clarification behind Carvalho's shock decision, with a fresh report from Cabine Desportiva claiming that the Portuguese boss was left 'hurt' after learning the news.

He continued: "We are from different generations, I know, but I thought he would call and that we could talk. I make a point of telling all the players that only I want in this space anyone who really wants to be here."

When he was asked if he had a message for Carvalho after his abrupt withdrawal, Jorge bluntly retorted: "All of us here wish you luck in your career."

------

Don't know about you, but to me that sounds like a cunt.

If we don't rate him why didn't we sell him to Leipzig as they originally wanted?

I guess that if we offload him after just one season, when we didn't play for half of it, teams are not likely to pay very much.

If he has a season out on loan where we actually plays, and we can make out (whether it is true or not) that we would be happy to keep him if he don't get a decent offer, then we would be in a better bargaining position.

Obviously that didn't work out but I guess it might still to an extent, which is probably also why Klopp sent him straight back out on loan again.

As for whether he's a cunt, he probably isn't totally, but it does sound a bit like he has a higher opinion of himself and where is career is at than the reality.

What doesn't make sense to me, is if Klopp rated him why isn't he back with squad just like Beck? I'm not even sure if Klopp rates Beck but he sure as hell put him on the bench. We have 4 healthy attackers Gakpo, Jota, Nunez and Diaz and we're entering a phase when we have a game every 3-4 days. The Europa League will start soon as well. Despite all this, why isn't Carvalho part of the rotation?
Think you've answered your own question here Modo, he isn't back with the squad because we have 4 healthy attackers.....+Harvey to call upon, at the time he was resent on loan, Mo was playing for Egypt not limping off and was due back in 2-3 weeks so it didn't make sense to keep Fabio around.....especially when he didn't impress at Leipzig.

Beck on the hand you have to ask yourself if he would've been recalled had both our senior LB's not been injured.....recalling him became almost mandatory. Maybe the plan at the start of the season was for Fabio to get as much game time elsewhere as possible, these aren't discussions the fans are privvy to. Carvalho wasn't named in the EL squad, I don't think he would've been eligible?

Does Klopp rate him? Possibly, I'm sure he would say he does but he can also think he's not yet ready to play any part in the rest of our season.

Ok here's what he said to the u21 Boss:

"Being in the Under-21s no longer brings any benefit," Jorge replied when he was asked for some clarification behind Carvalho's shock decision, with a fresh report from Cabine Desportiva claiming that the Portuguese boss was left 'hurt' after learning the news.

He continued: "We are from different generations, I know, but I thought he would call and that we could talk. I make a point of telling all the players that only I want in this space anyone who really wants to be here."

When he was asked if he had a message for Carvalho after his abrupt withdrawal, Jorge bluntly retorted: "All of us here wish you luck in your career."

------

Don't know about you, but to me that sounds like a cunt.

Not good, that. I don't want to write him off but the signs are all bad.

Think you've answered your own question here Modo, he isn't back with the squad because we have 4 healthy attackers.....+Harvey to call upon, at the time he was resent on loan, Mo was playing for Egypt not limping off and was due back in 2-3 weeks so it didn't make sense to keep Fabio around.....especially when he didn't impress at Leipzig.

Beck on the hand you have to ask yourself if he would've been recalled had both our senior LB's not been injured.....recalling him became almost mandatory. Maybe the plan at the start of the season was for Fabio to get as much game time elsewhere as possible, these aren't discussions the fans are privvy to. Carvalho wasn't named in the EL squad, I don't think he would've been eligible?

Does Klopp rate him? Possibly, I'm sure he would say he does but he can also think he's not yet ready to play any part in the rest of our season.
Having 4 + Harvey isn't enough, not when we're playing every 3-4 days. It's very risky imo and we're lucky that none of them got injured during Christmas period. Did you see the impact Jota had when he came back from injury? I'd definitely want another player in the rotation for the FA cup and League cup games.
Also, yes he would be available for the EL because he was developed in England, I think he counts as home grown. Anyway EL registration is open until the end of the month, you know for new signings.

Having 4 + Harvey isn't enough, not when we're playing every 3-4 days. It's very risky imo and we're lucky that none of them got injured during Christmas period. Did you see the impact Jota had when he came back from injury? I'd definitely want another player in the rotation for the FA cup and League cup games.
Also, yes he would be available for the EL because he was developed in England, I think he counts as home grown. Anyway EL registration is open until the end of the month, you know for new signings.
It's going to have to be enough until at least Mo is back. We're already unlucky enough with injuries as it is, willing on further injuries in our front line to prove a point to fit in a player that isn't currently part of the plans is futile. I doubt all this whataboutery comes into Klopp's thinking, if the time comes then he'll come up with a solution, just like he did when we had 3 CB's out for 6-8 months. For 5 years we had Sadio Bobby Salah playing virtually every minute of every game, never phased them.

I'm not too sure of all the rules with UEFA but Fabio isn't a new signing though is he and he isn't homegrown until the start of next season......does playing in the CL with Leipzig make him cup tied? Would we need to take a player out in order to put him in? In any case we'll probably be going close to full strength in the EL from here.

Last edited:
It's going to have to be enough until at least Mo is back. We're already unlucky enough with injuries as it is, willing on further injuries in our front line to prove a point to fit in a player that isn't currently part of the plans is futile. I doubt all this whataboutery comes into Klopp's thinking, if the time comes then he'll come up with a solution, just like he did when we had 3 CB's out for 6-8 months. For 5 years we had Sadio Bobby Salah playing virtually every minute of every game, never phased them.

I'm not too sure of all the rules with UEFA but Fabio isn't a new signing though is he and he isn't homegrown until the start of next season......does playing in the CL with Leipzig make him cup tied? Would we need to take a player out in order to put him in? In any case we'll probably be going close to full strength in the EL from here.
I'm not too sure either regarding the rules, but I do know that he isn't cup tied. Those rules changed a few years ago

I think it's unlikely he makes it here but given his need to kickstart his career and our desire to improve his value as an asset, our interests are aligned with his.

Wish him the best at Hull and we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom