• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabs might come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to him then..play on the wing or don't play. Clearly other clubs feel similar
Of course, but I doubt that he has a future at the club. I honestly don't think Klopp will play him at all. Unless he's forced, obviously.

He is talented but ridiculously lightweight. Seems like he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder as well. Needs to humble himself and work hard if he still wants a chance with us.

He is talented but ridiculously lightweight. Seems like he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder as well. Needs to humble himself and work hard if he still wants a chance with us.
Doubt he'll get another go, unless he has been humbled by failing at Liverpool, going on loan and failing again.

Would love to be proven wrong of course.

Doubt he'll get another go, unless he has been humbled by failing at Liverpool, going on loan and failing again.

Would love to be proven wrong of course.

The thing is - he will look at his time at Fulham and know that he can do it at this level, but has not been given the right opportunity. Sometimes managers can have other ideas about you - but if you are 100% convinced you don't want to be a fucking winger and you want to be a number 10, then there is nothing any manager can do. He's got it in his head that he wants to paly in position X and that's it.

[Romano] [emoji599][emoji1201] Understand Wolves have asked for Fábio Carvalho on loan until the end of the season. Top 6 Championship clubs have also asked for loan, waiting for Liverpool and player’s camp to decide for best option. #LFC want guaranteed game time for Fábio.

...no way. He's not going to start for Wolves

I thought Leicester were interested? An attacking team flying high in the championship would be perfect.

Is it the case that we can’t play him and the loan him out again to another club - something about only being able to play for 2 teams in a season?

If not - I’d be using him this month and loaning him at the end of Jan - even if it’s just on the bench to come on and play a few minutes here and there - with Slobbers, Thiago & Badger injured and Endo away - we could use the extra cover for a few weeks.

Is it the case that we can’t play him and the loan him out again to another club - something about only being able to play for 2 teams in a season?

If not - I’d be using him this month and loaning him at the end of Jan - even if it’s just on the bench to come on and play a few minutes here and there - with Slobbers, Thiago & Badger injured and Endo away - we could use the extra cover for a few weeks.
Didn't we do exactly that with Nat Phillips for the FA cup game against Everton (where Cujo scored)? Unless he went back to the same club for the second half of the season, then I assume the rule is that no more than 2 clubs can "own" him.

Philogene has flourished this season under Rosenior this season http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/interesting-young-players.190575/page-27#post-2264116

Edit: Delap too

[article]The Tigers have also reignited the career of Manchester City loanee Liam Delap, who scored just four goals across spells at Preston and Stoke before being handed a chance to thrive by Rosenior at Hull, where he has scored seven goals and counting this season.

and Morton has been playing pretty well under him too. Hope he grabs his chance.

[/article]

Last edited:
Acun Ilicali breaks silence on Hull City's transfer pursuit of Liverpool starlet Fabio Carvalho

[article]
Acun Ilicali says Hull City are working hard to secure the signing of Portuguese starlet Fabio Carvalho from Liverpool in what would be a significant capture for the ambitious Championship club.

City have been working hard behind the scenes to convince Carvalho and Liverpool that they're the right place for the 21-year-old attacking midfielder to continue his development for the remainder of the season.

A deal is edging closer but Ilicali says there remains a little work to do in order for the move to be given the green light. There is a hope it can be concluded in advance of Friday night's home clash with Norwich City under the MKM Stadium lights.

The Tigers, who sit seventh in the Championship table and just one point off the top six, are battling a host of other clubs from both the Premier League and second-tier to sign Carvalho, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Bundesliga side RB Leipzig, playing nine times in the league and notching three appearances in the Champions League. Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Leicester City, Southampton and Leeds United are among the clubs linked with a move for the talented former Fulham youngster.

Speaking exclusively to Hull Live, Ilicali admitted he is hopeful that a deal can be struck, and believes it will be another significant show of ambition for the club as he heads towards his second anniversary as Tigers owner which comes up later this month.

"We are in a battle with some very big clubs, but we are Hull City," Ilicali said. "I say don't forget that Jaden Philogene picked us over 10 other clubs. We are very excited too. He is a very unique player and we really want to see him at Hull City, but as with every important transfer, we have big like some big rivals to sign him, from big Premier League clubs and many Championship clubs.

"At the end of the day, I want all our fans to know that we are Hull City, and when we want to transfer a player, we will always do our best and we will always show that we are a big club. We are a big family and we are a big club. So in this case, of course, it is not easy, but like with Jaden Philogene, it just happened very similarly that more than 10 teams were trying to take him to their clubs. They didn't give us too much chance at that time, but Jaden's choice was Black and Amber.

"We are doing everything for Fabio the same and I think we are trying to give the good news to our fans and we will show everybody what an ambitious club we are."

[/article]

They rejected our overinflated bids for a kid that hadn't proved anything yet.......I'd say they did us a huge favour there.

I think Lavia would have been good had he joined us - particularly if we signed Endo as well - that would have been ideal

I've changed my mind, let's loan him to Southampton and ask for a £10 mill loan fee. Just to fuck with them.
Seems reasonable

I'd quite like to repair any burnt bridges with southampton. They youth setup continually produces, so it'd be nice to keep them onside

I'd quite like to repair any burnt bridges with southampton. They youth setup continually produces, so it'd be nice to keep them onside

Which academies have the best reputation in the UK? West Ham produced quite a few big players to my recollection…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom