• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabs might come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Not that Fabs.

[Romano] EXCL: Liverpool have opened talks with RB Leipzig to bring Fabio Carvalho back in January due to insufficient game time. Carvalho could start in UCL tonight but he only played 257 total minutes so far — #LFC not happy with this loan. Decision on next steps to be made soon

Makes sense, bit of a no brainer move really.

Our fault for being naive into thinking he'd be starting for a top 4 CL club week in week out, so we do have to take some of the blame there.

I'd be sending him to a top 5-6 club in Portugal like Braga, they'll be in the EL play offs so hopefully they can get through that and we can meet in the last 16.

Do you reckon he'll be out on loan elsewhere again or stay here for the rest of the season?

He's a decent player and actually made a few good contributions last season but it sounded like it was his attitude that was more of an issue. Perhaps his time away will have made him realise that he wasn't being treated unfairly at Liverpool, and he'd have to be just as patient at any big club.

If he is coming back then we just need to give up on the idea of him being a CM and let him be a rotation LW.

We should let him develop at Fulham, but what's done is done.

Better to sell him and recoup whatever fee we can and sign young players that fit the profile of the team.

It was a really strange one. Apparently Leipzig were keen on Carvalho and pressed for him to swap and then days later signed Xavi Simon on loan too.

Makes sense, bit of a no brainer move really.

Our fault for being naive into thinking he'd be starting for a top 4 CL club week in week out, so we do have to take some of the blame there.

I'd be sending him to a top 5-6 club in Portugal like Braga, they'll be in the EL play offs so hopefully they can get through that and we can meet in the last 16.

I wonder if maybe it was he who pushed for a move to Leipzig, thinking he'd make it into their starting line up.

Do you reckon he'll be out on loan elsewhere again or stay here for the rest of the season?

He's a decent player and actually made a few good contributions last season but it sounded like it was his attitude that was more of an issue. Perhaps his time away will have made him realise that he wasn't being treated unfairly at Liverpool, and he'd have to be just as patient at any big club.

He's got to go somewhere else. We don't play with the position he's best at and, once Jota is healthy, we're overstocked on the left again.

Shame it hasn't worked at Leipzig but he needs to play.

I wonder if maybe it was he who pushed for a move to Leipzig, thinking he'd make it into their starting line up.
Either way we've sanctioned the move, without our permission no one goes anywhere. Someone could've stepped in and highlighted a potential lack of game time as a reason to block the move.

Club should appoint me as head of loans because we sure as fuck wouldn't have any of our kids in leagues no one follows or shoddy farmers leagues like the SPL.

All parties saw it as a positive move apparently but then PSG offered Simons and Max Eberl (who was the main advocate) left

How many seasons on loan does it take for the club to make a sale decision. So far, I don't think we have let go of a young great talent that we have come to regret. Maybe I am wrong.

How many seasons on loan does it take for the club to make a sale decision. So far, I don't think we have let go of a young great talent that we have come to regret. Maybe I am wrong.
You're not. We haven't.

Mainly because we don't really scout great young talents.

Look at players like Allan, Wilson, Arroyo and Awoniyi.....they had about 50304 loan spells between them before they were sold. Ojo, Kent, Woodburn etc all had numerous too. Others like Suso and Gulasci got 1 before they were sold so there isn't really a set number of loans, just how well one does in a loan.

Some have gone on to do well for themselves but none of them were ever Liverpool standard. Grujic maybe had the tools to be a good Fab understudy but it's not someone I look at with regret that we let go too soon.

Last edited:
At the time I thought we would regret letting Brewster go...in hindsight it was a great piece of business from Klopp.
Is he still at Sheffield Utd?

I wonder if he’d go back to Fulham, they’re much more attacking now but with a thin squad. Would love to see him tested more in the PL.

same thing I’m thinking, go back to where it worked before

You're not. We haven't.

Mainly because we don't really scout great young talents.

Look at players like Allan, Wilson, Arroyo and Awoniyi.....they had about 50304 loan spells between them before they were sold. Ojo, Kent, Woodburn etc all had numerous too. Others like Suso and Gulasci got 1 before they were sold so there isn't really a set number of loans, just how well one does in a loan.

Some have gone on to do well for themselves but none of them were ever Liverpool standard. Grujic maybe had the tools to be a good Fab understudy but it's not someone I look at with regret that we let go too soon.
Suso wasn't sold...yeah, it was that bad and yes our scouting department is shit. When you can count the amount of first team players we've produced in 20 years on one hand it's a problem.

Suso wasn't sold...yeah, it was that bad and yes our scouting department is shit. When you can count the amount of first team players we've produced in 20 years on one hand it's a problem.
Do you know what I mean? It's even more disappointing when you're sucker for seeing a great young talent coming in.

We bought in a 20 year old who had limited first team experience who later went on to become and is still to this day the most profitable player in the clubs history......he came straight into the first team and contributed and we loved that little wee Brazilian afrokid. Where has that gone? We tried a few timed with the Ilori's, Alberto's and Markovic's of this world and more recently with Ramsay, Elliott & Carvalho but where are those saucy South American and African talents?

Do you know what I mean? It's even more disappointing when you're sucker for seeing a great young talent coming in.

We bought in a 20 year old who had limited first team experience who later went on to become and is still to this day the most profitable player in the clubs history......he came straight into the first team and contributed and we loved that little wee Brazilian afrokid. Where has that gone? We tried a few timed with the Ilori's, Alberto's and Markovic's of this world and more recently with Ramsay, Elliott & Carvalho but where are those saucy South American and African talents?
Yeah, that is a rare successful acquisition. Remember Danny Wilson, Kirkland, Ilori...

We obviously manage to hit the jackpot at times, but the talent we produce ourselves is mostly in the Warnock, Kelly and Jones tier.

Sell him.

Not yet - his value would be low - he needs a loan in the second half of the season where he plays and looks like a decent signing.

Then we can make a decision in the summer - because he needs to be registered next season.

There’s a decent player in there.

I would like to see him back but I think it's better he gets minutes and plays week in week out and gets confidence - but then he should be playing in the same position Klopp wants to put him at here as well

I would like to see him back but I think it's better he gets minutes and plays week in week out and gets confidence - but then he should be playing in the same position Klopp wants to put him at here as well
Klopp wants to bin him. This loan was all about exposure. He was supposed to play in his natural position, behind the striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom