• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched about half of the video with all his goals for us. I really want us to sign that type of striker this summer.
Some amazing goals.

*Sobs
And to think his record in front of goal wasn't great before he came and many questioned it as a weak point

I don't really dislike him. Football is a short career and the club was in shit state. We also got a good fee and he never looked the same after.

Yeah, we've been poor at keeping our best players at the club but the Torres sale was one thing we got spot on. Even though it hurt like hell it was in hindsight the right thing to do.
Shame we spent more than half the money on the ponytailed Geordie donkey.

Yeah, we've been poor at keeping our best players at the club but the Torres sale was one thing we got spot on. Even though it hurt like hell it was in hindsight the right thing to do.
Shame we spent more than half the money on the ponytailed Geordie donkey.

It's more than a little pitiful and absurd to try and claim Liverpool got the sale of Torres 'spot on' - almost as if even though it 'hurt like hell' Liverpool knew it was the right thing to do - when fucking *everyone* knows Torres forced through the transfer and Liverpool didn't want to sell at all, and wouldn't have even considered it

So we got FUCK ALL 'spot on', it just happened to us

It's more than a little pitiful and absurd to try and claim Liverpool got the sale of Torres 'spot on' - almost as if even though it 'hurt like hell' Liverpool knew it was the right thing to do - when fucking *everyone* knows Torres forced through the transfer and Liverpool didn't want to sell at all, and wouldn't have even considered it

So we got FUCK ALL 'spot on', it just happened to us

Stop trying to be so fucking clever. I dont think we wanted to sell him and the fans didnt want to lose him, but in hindsight, as I said, its the only sale we've made that can be deemed spot on.
Suarez obviously wasnt and I dont think Sterling was either.

Wheter or not the club planned it and or he forced the move wasnt relevant to the point I was making.
In hindsight, as I said again, its the only sale we've made which later turned out to be pretty spot on in terms of how the player has performed and how his value dropped and what we got in return.

I wasnt giving the club any cred for plotting this move like Dr Evil. If they did, then well done!

Stop trying to be so fucking clever. I dont think we wanted to sell him and the fans didnt want to lose him, but in hindsight, as I said, its the only sale we've made that can be deemed spot on.
Suarez obviously wasnt and I dont think Sterling was either.

Wheter or not the club planned it and or he forced the move wasnt relevant to the point I was making.
In hindsight, as I said again, its the only sale we've made which later turned out to be pretty spot on in terms of how the player has performed and how his value dropped and what we got in return.

I wasnt giving the club any cred for plotting this move like Dr Evil. If they did, then well done!

I'm not trying to be clever, I'm just not being stupid.

Well, then the club didn't get it spot on then, cos it's evident the club didn't want rid of him.

Perhaps a better way of saying it would be along the lines of "Torres did us a favour forcing a move, cos he's been shite since anyway".

As what ?

He's only scored 40 goals since he left six years ago
He's less injured than Sturridge and way better than Origi still.

Torres is not the answer and it won't happen I just miss a striker of his carat is all..

His body was fucked by the time he went. Injuries had taken their toll and thankfully Chelsea hadn't noticed. His attitude was poor, though for the last 12 months or so, but lets honest, he wasn't the only one. With H&G running the the club all the best players were leaving, the manager was in-fighting and we were going nowhere fast. It was horrible at the time, I could see his reasoning. The problem he had, apart from the injuries, were he was used to being adored by fans and playing in a tactical system which suited his pace and skill. He didn't have that at Chelsea. He was coming to terms with losing his acceleration with a fan-base who were used to seeing super-star players. He wasn't anything more than a new shiny toy to gawk at until the next one. For the first time in his career he was no longer adored. The fact Chelsea had to give him a way still cheers me up. The fact we signed Suarez with the money cheers me up further.

His body was fucked by the time he went. Injuries had taken their toll and thankfully Chelsea hadn't noticed. His attitude was poor, though for the last 12 months or so, but lets honest, he wasn't the only one. With H&G running the the club all the best players were leaving, the manager was in-fighting and we were going nowhere fast. It was horrible at the time, I could see his reasoning. The problem he had, apart from the injuries, were he was used to being adored by fans and playing in a tactical system which suited his pace and skill. He didn't have that at Chelsea. He was coming to terms with losing his acceleration with a fan-base who were used to seeing super-star players. He wasn't anything more than a new shiny toy to gawk at until the next one. For the first time in his career he was no longer adored. The fact Chelsea had to give him a way still cheers me up. The fact we signed Suarez with the money cheers me up further.
We signed a Geordie pony tail with the money

We signed a Geordie pony tail with the money
We got Carroll and Suarez (almost) for the Torres money...........Suarez was £22m and Carroll £35m. Considering we got £70m for Suarez and £18m for Carroll you could suggest we invested the Torres money quite wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom