• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gary Speed - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching SSN. They confirmed that Swansea v Villa will go ahead despite the news. ???

Why would they cancel it anyway ?

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=47683.msg1432888#msg1432888 date=1322400677]
I would have thought that if a lot of the players knew him well they could be very upset.
[/quote]

I think they said 4 of the players knew him.

I just don't really get the public mourning thing that's become obligatory.

Bobby Gould is at that game, working for Talksport.

He saw John Hartson and broke the news to him.

Hartson went home.

"@XabiAlonso: RIP Gary Speed. My first PL game game was against him, he showed me in that game what is british football about."

Saw him on Football Focus yesterday and he seemed in great spirits. Just can't believe this news.

R.I.P Gary Speed

Why in the world would someone like his profile want to exit the world this way? Shocking!

Condolences to the family and friends left behind.

[quote author=Mistadobalina link=topic=47683.msg1432921#msg1432921 date=1322404526]
Why would he do something like that? Young, sucessful. Two young children? Horrific.
[/quote]

From the outside he seemed to have everything didn't he?

I hate to think what was going through his head, it must be truly horrific for his family.

Great player to watch in his leeds days, such a sad sad loss.. R.I.P. Gary Speed

YNWA

Black dog bites again? As Spion was saying in the Tevez thread, it doesn't matter who you are, what you have or how well life is going, depression can crush people.

RIP. Pretty sad story.

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=47683.msg1432929#msg1432929 date=1322405385]
Black dog bites again? As Spion was saying in the Tevez thread, it doesn't matter who you are, what you have or how well life is going, depression can crush people.

RIP. Pretty sad story.
[/quote]

Surely more should be done to prevent it? Like more help for people with depression or something? Hear so many stories of young people taking their own life and it's just heartbreaking.

[quote author=themn link=topic=47683.msg1432905#msg1432905 date=1322402335]
"@XabiAlonso: RIP Gary Speed. My first PL game game was against him, he showed me in that game what is british football about."
[/quote] Nice one Xabi..

Josh Grainger on Twitter: "When I was a ballboy for NUFC, Gary Speed was the only one that thanked me after giving him the ball. #truegent #ripspeedo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom