• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gary Speed - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"@OliverKayTimes: Dalglish on Bellamy absence: "There's no way a game of football is more important than grieving" (re Gary Speed's death)"

[quote author=themn link=topic=47683.msg1432986#msg1432986 date=1322408788]
"@OliverKayTimes: Dalglish on Bellamy absence: "There's no way a game of football is more important than grieving" (re Gary Speed's death)"
[/quote]

Well said.

This is sad, shocking news. RIP.

Football has lost a good man.

RIP. What a shock.

How are you gonna tell your kids that daddy has gone ? Terrible. Just terrible.

Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

I find it strange that he was chatting on FF yesterday, and appaz was talking (off camera) about playing golf the next week, and getting more into twitter. Hardly sounded like someone on the verge of ending it. Seems a bit strange.

He was one of the good guys by all accounts. RIP.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=47683.msg1433437#msg1433437 date=1322426517]
I find it strange that he was chatting on FF yesterday, and appaz was talking (off camera) about playing golf the next week, and getting more into twitter. Hardly sounded like someone on the verge of ending it. Seems a bit strange.

[/quote]Maybe it was the other thing. Ya know. I dont wanna be crass but the OTHER way people die of strangulation?
I dont know if thats disrespectful and I really dont mean to be.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47683.msg1433443#msg1433443 date=1322426996]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=47683.msg1433437#msg1433437 date=1322426517]

[/quote]Maybe it was the other thing. Ya know. I dont wanna be crass but the OTHER way people die of strangulation?
I dont know if thats disrespectful and I really dont mean to be.
[/quote]

oh my....

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47683.msg1433443#msg1433443 date=1322426996]

I dont know if thats disrespectful and I really dont mean to be..
[/quote]
I read a book by a woman who was a forensics officer and she says this happens a lot more often than what people realise. I also don't mean to be disrespectful but you never know...

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47683.msg1433450#msg1433450 date=1322427260]
Pardon my ignorance... What's this "other" way?
[/quote]

Having a wank whilst being strangled

the asphxywank

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=47683.msg1432929#msg1432929 date=1322405385]
Black dog bites again? As Spion was saying in the Tevez thread, it doesn't matter who you are, what you have or how well life is going, depression can crush people.

RIP. Pretty sad story.
[/quote]

If he has done it due to depression then that is unbelievably sad and having seen Stan Collymore's recent tweets about his recent bout of depression then IF depression is the cause, then maybe the only good thing will be to highlight it.

It is an evil illness.

RIP Gary, I hope you find the peace you were looking for. I hope his family are able to come to terms with it and hope they are given the respect they deserve from the media at this time.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47683.msg1432892#msg1432892 date=1322400956]
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=47683.msg1432888#msg1432888 date=1322400677]
I would have thought that if a lot of the players knew him well they could be very upset.
[/quote]

I think they said 4 of the players knew him.

I just don't really get the public mourning thing that's become obligatory.
[/quote]

Really? Wow!

He was a native of Merseyside for a long period and a high profile person and I'd suggest the outpouring of applause should have said enough about the man.

[quote author=athensruairi link=topic=47683.msg1433449#msg1433449 date=1322427200]

I dont know if thats disrespectful and I really dont mean to be..
[/quote]
I read a book by a woman who was a forensics officer and she says this happens a lot more often than what people realise. I also don't mean to be disrespectful but you never know...
[/quote]I understand it is the unspoken truth in a lot of similar deaths.
The thing is, if that was his thing, then thats fine, but I would almost hope it didnt come out as the red tops would destroy him. Sad to say I hope it was this and i hope its never revealed.
Regardless, lovely man, and a game great.
Such a tragedy.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47683.msg1433454#msg1433454 date=1322427375]
Oh.
[/quote]Obviously its not often discussed, and a lot of people who are 'into' this keep it to themselves as they think their partners would be appalled. The problem is you are hanging yourself to the point of asphyxiation and from time to time you pass out, and when you pass out you die because you are hung. Its fucking horrible to think.
But then maybe better than he was suffering badly.

[quote author=Dylan link=topic=47683.msg1433478#msg1433478 date=1322428740]
Whatevers, the guy is dead and he leaves his wife and kids behind.
[/quote]Quite. Im just saying he may not have been depressed and had horrible shit going on. Maybe he accidentally suffocated himself.
I dont think it matters as you say.

Eh? No ones dissing the man.
It wouldnt make it any less sad.

He was a cracking footy player and an absolute gentleman by all accounts. Got to feel for his family.

I know no one is dissing him Andy. Just all this talk of autoerotic asphyxiation....slightly takes away from it all

For me anyway, i know no one would slight the memory of the man

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47683.msg1433497#msg1433497 date=1322429710]
I know no one is dissing him Andy. Just all this talk of autoerotic asphyxiation....slightly takes away from it all

For me anyway, i know no one would slight the memory of the man
[/quote]I dont think so mate. I dont see why it would. I think if the press got it (if it were the case which it probably isnt) they would make it sound fucking seedy and shit, but i dont see the issue if thats something a person is into.
Anyway. Ill move on.

Very sad news.

Re: the being in high spirits and talking about the future, well they say people that hang themselves often appear in the highest spirits just before they do it.

Like they have made peace with themselves and whatever demons they are battling.

So sad for the family.

An absolute legend, everytime you heard him speak you listened and he never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Apparently he left Everton as he wouldn't play for them in the end because he found out Kendall was still on the pop. But he never told anyone that was the reason so it didn't get out. And has never said to this day.

True gent and pro, and will be missed. A PROPER player, and there ain't many left.

I don't really do emotion with people I don't know, but this one upset me.

RIP Gary

I heard it on Five Live as it broke and I got that horrible lump in my chest/throat feeling and I went cold.

I can't really work out why it's hit me like it has but I know at some point, I'll blub my eyes out.

God bless him and keep him and watch over his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom