• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gerrard to Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not related to Gerrard, or Hendo, but when I just read this - I understand why some of these players are moving ...

"A lot of people criticised me because I went to China. But in reality, they don't know my story. Listen, I'll tell you something. When I went to Corinthians, it was a before and an after moment in my career.
With this transfer, I earned a lot of money. But, you know what I did? I told my agent that I did not want this money, I just wanted to buy 15 houses and get my family out of Fuerte Apache.
Nobody knows this, but I'm trying to support 15 families including my brothers, uncles, etc. And if you start counting, that's like 60 people.
Everything I did was because I want the new generation of Tévez's to be better, to have a good education and not to go through what I went through."
Carlos Tevez

Obviously. I'd do the same thing. I just paid for my uncle's operation in Africa. Some of us have responsibilities that others can't really understand.
And if I'm being brutally honest, if I ever rejected a move to Saudi Arabia it would most likely be because of their suppression of free speech and state sanctioned murders.

I know it's not related to Gerrard, or Hendo, but when I just read this - I understand why some of these players are moving ...

"A lot of people criticised me because I went to China. But in reality, they don't know my story. Listen, I'll tell you something. When I went to Corinthians, it was a before and an after moment in my career.
With this transfer, I earned a lot of money. But, you know what I did? I told my agent that I did not want this money, I just wanted to buy 15 houses and get my family out of Fuerte Apache.
Nobody knows this, but I'm trying to support 15 families including my brothers, uncles, etc. And if you start counting, that's like 60 people.
Everything I did was because I want the new generation of Tévez's to be better, to have a good education and not to go through what I went through."
Carlos Tevez

His career at the very top level was kinda done at the point he went to China anyways - 31/32 and playing for Boca.

it's crazy the quality they have got this past 6 months:

Al Nassr
Luís Castro (manager)
Cristiano Ronaldo
Marcelo Brozovic
Séko Fofana
Alex Telles
Sadio Mané

Al Hilal
Jorge Jesus (manager)
Rúben Neves
Kalidou Koulibaly
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Malcom
Neymar Jr

Al Ahli
Matthias Jaissle (manager)
Édouard Mendy
Roberto Firmino
Riyad Mahrez
Allan Saint-Maximin
Franck Kessié
Roger Ibañez
Merih Demiral

Al Ittihad
Karim Benzema
N’Golo Kanté
Jota
Fabinho

Al-Ettifaq
Gerrard (Manager)
Jordan Henderson
Moussa Dembélé
Jack Hendry

Al-Fateh
Jason Denayer
Lucas Zelarayán
Tristan Dingomé

Al-Hazem
Tozé
Vina
Bruno Viana

Abha
Krychowiak
Ciprian Tatarusanu
Fabián Noguera
François Kamano

Al-Shabab
Gustavo Cuellar
Habib Diallo

Al-Taawoun
Flávio
Mateus Castro
Andrei Girotto

Al-Fayha
Gojko Cimirot
Fashion Sakala
Henry Onyekuru

Al-Okhdood
Florin Tanase
Andrei Burca
Álex Collado

Al-Riyadh
Martín Campaña
Marcinho
Nikola Stojiljkovic
Alin Tosca
Birama Touré

Al-Tai
Robert Bauer
Bernard Mensah
Virgil Misidjan
Enzo Roco

Khaleej
Pedro Rebocho
Woo-young Jung
Lisandro Lopez

Al-Raed
André Moreira
Mamadou Loum

Best paid players in the world currently, as per some rage in France:

367746141_598688675803942_3360439325763880905_n.jpg

He probably also told his agent that he has to get his 500 nephews, uncles etc out of Sunderland.
He'll need a lot of cash in the bank if he wants to import enough chicken dippers and blue drink to keep them happy out there.

*Need to credit Bob Mortimer for the chicken dippers and blue drink gag*

It's like the women's game. They just need to pretend it's good, keep ramming it down everyone's throat for a decade, invest fuckloads in it, and it will still be fucking shite.
They might go the American sports route and start touring the world for their club games. I imagine they might be able to gather decent crowds that way if they’ve got star players in all their teams.

The kits are the worst I have seen. Youth football have better designs, I think they need to spend some more money on kit designs and plastic flags. Chelsea and City will make a mint on consultancy fees alone.

Authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have executed at least 100 people in 2023 for speaking up publicly, according to human rights watchdog Amnesty International who call it a “relentless killing spree”.

In August, a retired school teacher, Mohammed bin Nasser al-Ghamdi, was sentenced to death over his social media activity. Charges against him included "betraying his religion," "disturbing the security of society," and "conspiring against the government."

The executions are widely seen as part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's efforts to eradicate dissenting voices in the kingdom. Mohammed bin Salman has promised to cut the use of death penalty for non-violent crimes, but the annual number of executions has almost doubled in the time of his rule.

https://trib.al/WZyy2Nm

I think there will be 99 next year on account of Jordan Henderson's aura of justice. But will any English media report that? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom