• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Golden boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Salah and Son draw level Lewin.

11 a piece. Salah goal per ratio is the best at 95.

He needs 17 goals in 25 games to hit 100 league goals for us.

Can he do it?

Where does he sit in our list of greatest ever goal scorers?

I’d have him only behind Rush at this stage. His consistency is incredible.

We haven’t exactly set the world alight this season but are still top and he keeps banging them in.

If he stays another 3 years and scores at the same clip he has been so far, he will eclipse Gerrard and get into the top 5.

Which is frankly incredible.

Neither of those are likely but he’ll still go down as one of our greatest ever even if leaves at the end of season.

Hes a monster. Between CL and League he has 14 goals from 18 games this year thats obscene. Weve had some great goalscorers down the years but Salah is as good as any of them.

Salah is weird at the moment, scoring plenty, being more involved in some of team play. He even made a good long pass last night. Usually I think his passing is poor.

Salah is weird at the moment, scoring plenty, being more involved in some of team play. He even made a good long pass last night. Usually I think his passing is poor.

Tracked back well too on a few occasions.

If we go far in the CL and he keeps this rate up he’ll smash past the 30 goal mark which would be incredible.

Mane just looks somewhere between tired and old , I'm not sure which one it is

I think it’s the former. The guy needs a rest.

He seemed to grow into the game last night especially as spurs started to look exhausted.

I've said for a while now Mane looks absolutely knackered. Same yesterday. Mentally and physically. We all seemed to assume he is a machine because he's kept the standard so high for so long. Such a pity Jota is out because even if Mane were starting he could get reduced minutes before total exhaustion sets in each game.

Mane just looks somewhere between tired and old , I'm not sure which one it is

I wonder if there is a bit of a 'rona hangover effect, as whilst he still looks dangerous and gets into dangerous positions as he always did, since he came back from illness he seems to have lost a little bit of edge - not quite as clinical, first touch not quite as deft...

I mean I know to all outward appearances he's fine, but there's stuff coming out about these 'long covid' effects for all kinds of shit, and at that elite athlete level where tiny margins make a difference, perhaps it could be a factor?

I wonder if there is a bit of a 'rona hangover effect, as whilst he still looks dangerous and gets into dangerous positions as he always did, since he came back from illness he seems to have lost a little bit of edge - not quite as clinical, first touch not quite as deft...

I mean I know to all outward appearances he's fine, but there's stuff coming out about these 'long covid' effects for all kinds of shit, and at that elite athlete level where tiny margins make a difference, perhaps it could be a factor?
I'd forgotten he had covid to be honest , I think it's absolutely fair to suggest that it could've had either zero impact on him or indeed as you suggest taken a few percentage points off his overall ability

Whether it's fatigue or covid , he's definitely not at the levels weve seen him at over the last couple of years / since he's been here right now

Maybe just scoring a goal or two would invigorate him in ways rest can't though ?

Bah

Mane was tremendous last season, and you could put some of that down to teams focusing on shutting out Mo and that giving Mane more opportunities. I think this season has started with teams focusing on shutting out Mane giving Mo more opportunities. It works well for the team. Mane definitely needs a rest and it is a shame Jota getting injured has delayed that

Another masterclass of finishing from Salah today. Thats 13 league goals from 13 games this season, hes fucking ridiculous. Hes 14 short of 100 league goals in a Liverpool shirt, only Fowler Gerrard and Owen have done that in the PL era and they all played significantly more games.

But we been desperate to move him onto Madrid for the last 3 years.
Why won’t he just start moaning and get lost so can sign Mbappe 😉

If he does leave at the end of this season I’d really love to see him get to 100 league goals.

13 in 13 is outrageous. He’ll surely get to 25 at least if he stays fit.

At 28 he’s got at least 2-3 more years at the very top yet, could get to 200 for us if he stays.

I suspect he wont stay another 3 seasons but he will go down as our greatest PL era forward when he does leave. Yes Robbie was more ruthless, Suarez more spectacular and Torres more well rounded, but his record is just miles better.

He plays more, he scores more, he wins more.

Apparently his unhappiness at the club doing the rounds now.

Shall we cash in and buy Mbappe instead ? I never really warmed towards Salah for whatever reason. Maybe it’s cos he comes across as a cocky lil shit. Hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Apparently he's kicking up a storm about how he wasn't named as captain against Midtjylland.

I thought the only god knows what happens in the future thing was a Muslim thing and isn't necessarily him flirting with other clubs , I mean if we do win the league and or champions League this season there may well be a feeling of 'completed it' for some of our big names

I'm fairly easy about it as jota absolutely looks like a ready made replacement for either mane or Salah should one leave

But yeah I'll not read into these comments too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom